Shadowclan Main Page The Shadowclan Dark Moot

CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   CharactersCharacters   GroupsGroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Wed 19 Sep 2018
Thu 20 Sep 2018
Fri 21 Sep 2018
Sat 22 Sep 2018
Sun 23 Sep 2018
Mon 24 Sep 2018
War Drum of Fire

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Catskills Skribbulz
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shag'Rajau

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2002 10:08 am    Post subject: War Drum of Fire Reply with quote

Last edited by Shag'Rajau on Mon Sep 02, 2002 9:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Buu'skr

Character Skills: Guttin Oomies like fish!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2002 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make it sticky!
Shag'Rajau

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2002 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No admins for this forum. I've PM'd T'berog so it'll be sticky soon I hope.
Uglut'Gloht

Character Skills: Belchin!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2002 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

some more enteresting clan history...
http://www.shadowclan.org/catskills/history
[/url]

Last edited by Uglut'Gloht on Tue Sep 03, 2002 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Buu'skr

Character Skills: Guttin Oomies like fish!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2002 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that'd be great, cuz I know a few of us don't know how the wardrum came to be. I know I'd like to learn about it
Gurduk

Character Skills: Lusking

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2002 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that it currently matters but in the origional MSG board on page 33 of the story board There was T'berogs History of ShadowClan which included the taking of the fort the origionation of the Makhs and the collection of The wardrum of fire aswell as some womp
Ghul'Ruk

Character Skills: Getting wood, Clomping, Preaching, Burning

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2002 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't the drum created when those three liche brothers attacked Skara Brae, Britain, and Trinsic? There were three drums in all, I think...
Xug'muk

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

History of the Ghaash Drum (Curse you Geocities!!!! Bandwidth problems right now, check the link later.)

This contains accounts of it's original acquisition and loss by Yug & Spammy. Following are Gi'mar and Trug'Olig's accounts of the search and recovery of the drum.

Since the link is being ornery, here's the entire contents of that link:

The beginnings of the Ghaash Drum as told by Yug:

A human named Eric the red learned of the existence and searched it out. He found it on the Ice island held by a guild led by a human named spammy. With help from Glug Ughurk (The current war boss) and myself (yug) we began to search for a rune to the destination. Upon finding one a war party visited the island and parleyed with the humans. After some discussion and trading of gold and jewels we traded for the drum. The orks returned home Once there I was placed in charge of the drum for a week then gave it to Kargrath to put on his vendor. It was then loaned to Scumglug and Smugruk for a Thrak-ghaash ceremony eventually put on the Thrak-Ghaash vendor who died in a mysterious accident leaving the drum on the ground for who knows how long. Smug picked it up and then the Moonies challenged the Thrak-Ghaash for its possession. In a battle in the undead keep the Bloodmoon orks killed all the thrak-ghaash and now we possess the drum. Grishnak currently is its guardian. The gaash drum was lost when the Orcpost collapsed.

The story of the Ghaash Drum as told by spammy:

Woah !
It was with one of my alternate characters (spammy) that I first procured the red War Drum of Fire. It was at the Cove orc fort during an orcish invasion event run by IGM's. The orcish drummer was situated on the big rock on the east side of the fort. Yes, there were three drums. One red (fire), one blue (lightning) and one yellow one (poison? Not sure.). As the drummer played the drums, the orc fort FILLED with fire walls, lightning strikes and poison walls. The drums were all locked down in front of the orcish drummer, but as he was dispatched the became unlocked and freely lootable.I had snuck up to just beside the drummer and hid. When the drums became unlocked, I quickly grabbed the red one and hauled-butt. Another character (Shiva the Sage) got the blue one, and I never saw the yellow one after that.

I gave(!!!!!!!) the Shadowclan the orcish War Drum of Fire in a presentation on Ice Island attended by the current Warboss then and alot of angry, drunken orcs, and in exchange the Warboss gave me his lusk (axe) and his helm. Not a very good trade in most peoples eyes, but I was ecstatic and more than happy.
Shortly after being so impressed with that ceremony, I decided to join Shadowclan, and have been a member ever since. The Drum was locked down in the building known as the orcpost just west of the brigand fort between Yew and Skara. Somehow the tower decayed, and the Drum was lost.

Recovery of the Ghaash Drum as told by Gi'Mar:

Silence. Answered by no creature living or dead. The bats, bugs, and creatures of the night not even daring to disturb it.

Darkness. a void which cannot be filled. a wall so deep. so thick that not even the moonlight could penetrate, allowing those that would keep its company remind shrouded.

A Sound. echoes through the darkness, the silence. You hold your breath and listen. Then imagine an Ogre Lord lying waiting for you. Suddenly he appears before your eyes, then becomes shadows once more. Still the sound remains.

Fear fills your veins and you taste acid on your tongue. Yet, human curiousity drives you forward. You move towards the sound, first one way, then another. Louder now. The sound becomes a whisper, the whisper becomes a voice, just as a light forms in the distance. Still you push on as the light becomes a city ablaze, and the voices become yells. You see people running about. Stop? Help? You stop and see one illuminated by the fire. Not human, no human's skin held that kind of greenish tint, that many scars, that long of fangs, that much blood. You turn to run, but the creature sees you, he outstrides you, slashes you with his axe, then with one final blow, he decapitates you and you are no more.
The Orc lets out a shrill cry and lifts the severed hed high in the air, then tosses it aside. Another orc approaches...
"Ey Scumglug, what lat clomp?"
Suddenly the second orc draws, notches, and lets loose an arrow with one motion, hardly glancing at his target, as a human falls in the distance.
"nuttin Chug'mat'lug, juss some runnin oomie. Me wish dis ghaash would nub gu owt, id makin throquatin dis uzg take longer..."
"Hmm.. Yub," pondered Chuggie.
Just then, a sable haired man appeared from the forest whose robes reflected the dark night behind him. With one movement both Scumglug's axe and Chug'mat'lug's bow were ready to storke the seemingly old man whose age seemed to elude as much as the legendary Gandalf.
He spoke, "You wish for flames that do not die and cannot be satiated? A gift."
He handed them a drum which looked as if it carried buring fire inside, though it was cool to the touch.
"Who lat agh wut me do wit dis?" questioned Scumglug.
"My name is Spammy, and you'll have to discover that for yourselves."
"Spammy? Lat momo nub like lat dat muj?"
but before the response could be heard, the man known as Spammy was gone. Scumglug carried the drum back to the fort unsure of it's use...

After reaching the fort, and tired of carrying the cumbersome thing, Unsgub asked those around the fort, but noone gave any resonable response aside from the usual flash of an axe, or the muffled curses often heard in the presence of nobs. Unsgub then tossed the drum in the firepit. Suddenly, the fire in the pit grew and grew until it nearly engulfed the whole fort. Orc ran about trying to put the fire out, until the drum was accidentally kicked out of the pit and into a corner, where it remained for days.
Until one day, when Nub'eer, the clan drummer whose boots now were stained brown, broke his drum, which instilled fear into many armies knowing that the Uruk'hai was soon to be in their midst, broke his drum, and discovered this odd replacement. He tapped it gently with his finger, testing the sound. With each tap, the torches blazed up. Unaware, Nub'eer accepted this replacement. With the seige of Yew close at hand, Nub'eer carried the drum with him.

Row after Row of orc prepared. Lined much like that of the Roman armies, which would not appear for many years. Yet Romans never looked like this, with bloodstained clothes, and scarred greenish skin, babbling sounds often nonsensical to human ears, eating human flesh, when available. Row by Row they marched forward onto Yew, Womprs and Zultrs followed by Kiggrs, followed by ligzrs, followed by Mojakas quietly following in their mysterious and outcast ways. They marched, and fought killing everyone in their path, leaving no survivors, and eating what remained as they moved forward. They set fire to the buildings as they moved, and the sound of Nub'eer's drum fed the flames, and the flames grew faster, higher, and spread and danced as if it had a soul of its own until Yew was left in ruins. Scumglug's eyes were lit by the fire, and he knew it was good, knew that the Wargod's strength lied within it. With that sound, that drum, Noone could face the orcish hoard.

Yet, the drum became lost, its powers never fully understood, misplaced.
"Ey Nub'eer, where dat drum lat used hab?" questioned Thulag'agz.
*shrugs* replied Nub'eer.
Until Many moons later, an orc stood in his hut, mixing away, his robe and cape, of a purple tinge, a strange bunni at his feet, whose eyes were blood red, and his fur strangle burnt in select places. He stood Moving one concoction to another glass vial, and adding to it. A sable haired man entered, his robe still as dark as the night. With one glance, his bunni stood ready to engulf this intruder with fire.
"Whu Lat?" inquired Gi'mar
"My name is Spammy, and Yawek has asked me to guide you back to the drum of fire."
"Yawek dedder den ded. Matter ob fact, im dedder den Gi's mush brain. How lat blah wit imb?"
"There are ways my friend, and I am older then you would imagine."
"Rite... God ani Milk agh Kookies?"
"No, but I have something else, it is a page from the Koblak, for many ages it was carried with Azog. With his passing it was carried by Gi'Puz. Finally, it was handed to Gu'clomp who hid it within the cracks of the Nekro hut. He disclosed its location shortly before he rode his flaming steed into the sky. It refers to the recovery of the fire drum which I gave to another orc long ago. If it is lost, it can be rediscovered."
"Rite... God ani Milk agh Koookies?"
Spammy sighed, and simply placed the sheet on a corner of the table as Gi'mar annoyed at his lack of cookies resumed his work and as many of such memos given to him by the likes of Xug'muk or any other, it was forgotten until Gi'mar went searching for something to wipe his nose with. Finding this, he glanced at it and scratched his head, for the language was orcish, yet in an older form, much changed from what it had become. So he went off to the necro hut to attempt to translate it. He blew the dust off the books and went about attempting to read Gu'clomps horrid words on understanding ancient orcish. It was not until many moons later that Gi'mar came up with a working translation, much aided by his discovery of one of Ren's books who's precise book keeping was much more useful then Gu'clomp scattered hut. It stated:

Ib da Ghaash drum lost, Search where da breaders ob Ghaash lib, agh da oldest ob dem walks. Den look where da libin ghaash dat walks agh blahs amb. Ib id nub dere, luuk ...

To Gi'mar's dismay it seemed as if the sheet missed the last few sentences. But Gi'mar's eye for detail allowed him to dismiss this as unimportant, and began the search where it suggested...

This was the spot.
He was sure of it. The years had passed, and like any other mortal, he had felt his mental faculties deteriorating over the time.
Maybe he could not remember what he had eaten for breakfast, but he hadn't forgotten that night.
He hated it here. The bitter cold that blew in over the surrounding water was more than anyone of his advanced age should have to endure. How he ever actually lived in this cold at one time was beyond his ken.
Clearing his mind of any thoughts, he closed his eyes and tried to let the memory lead him. Tentatively, he took one step. Another.
The feeling was strong now. Soon enough, he stopped and pulled out an aged bag.
He knelt down and ran his hand over the snow covering the ground.
Yes indeed, this was the spot.
He untied the drawstring that sealed the bag and pulled out a weathered, beaten orc helm.
He placed the orc helm upon the ground and ran his hand over it. This was a helm that had obviously seen many battles.
He sat beside the orc helm and waited.
Nothing happened. He sighed and tried to remember....
At some point he must have fallen asleep, shivering in the cold.
He was awakened by the mournful howl of one of the many white wolves that made this island their home. He must have been asleep for awhile, the sun had set and all was black.
He stood up and turned around.
There was a wolf there, staring at him.
Uncomprehending, he tilted his head and watched the wolf. The wolf circled around to the spot where he had placed the helm.
Then it spoke:
"Da uruks will take da drum. Gib it tu Glug.
Gluk will take dis drum agh gib lat dis hed ting. Dis am Glugs hed ting, id hab sabed Glug manee times agh serbed Glug well. Dis am da hed ting ub da Warboss ub Shadowclan lat lidl humie. Lat treat dis gud"
The human took the helm from the orc. He felt honored, as if this was too great an honor for any human to recieve from the human hating orcs. It made him feel somewhat ashamed and guilty, but he knew to refuse would only anger the mass of orcs there.
"I know you will use the power of the drum for your purposes. I am glad that those purposes suit my own, Glug. I know it is too much to ask that any orc would trust any human, as it should be. Feed the drum well Glug. Feed it well with the blood of the human scourge, Glug."
"Har. DAT WE WILL, SPAMMY, DAT WE WILL."

And as the orc Warboss laughed, he seemed almost to melt and started to shimmer and fade. The human felt as if he was engulfed in a massive flame. He was burning up and feverish, sweat dripping into his eyes, making them sting. He tried to focus his vision on Glug, but the sweat made it difficult. He tried to speak, but something was making it impossible, the best he could manage was a strangled gurgling.
He lifted his hand to his face to wipe the sweat from his eyes and realized somehow the orc helm had ended up on his head.

The heat had become intolerable, more than any human could bear. Pain was taking away his consciousness. He tried to remove the helm, but somehow it was evading his grasp.
He fell to the ground, whimpering in pain and misery.
The wolf seemed to watch with purpose. For a brief second, before the world and everything in it slipped from the humans comprehending, the wolfs eyes seemed to meet the humans.
The human laid on the ground and stared back in its misery.
Just before blacking out, strangely enough, he noticed the purple cape on the wolfs back that he had somehow managed to miss earlier. He tried to understand.
The wolf spoke with seeming urgency in its tone:
"Where am da drum now spammy? Where am da drum now?"
The wolf stood over the prone body of the human and screamed a loud blood curdling howl of rage and sadness.

Recovery of the Ghaash Drum as told by Trug'Olig:

The Trip in search of the Wardrum first brought us to our first destination, being a fairly large cavern. They crept towards the back where a large beast lay. It stood up and was instantly throwing orcs across the room, bones snapping off in the distance and echoing through out the cave. Eventually it had chased a wompr to a corner of the cave, where it wedged its self between a rock. The archers set loose a wave of arrows, resulting with an ancient wyvern corpse upon the floor. Gi had pulled its wide jaws open and looked inside, finding nothing.

They soon found them selves standing in another large cavern; this one had a fierce glowing light farther down. As they traveled they came to a room full of chests. Searching through them, Gi eventually found what he was looking for.

They all gathered in the small rock hut behind the fort. The door opened and every one began to push to get to the walls, making the room seem even more cramped. Nub’eer pressed through, knocking orcs in every direction. Eventually he made it in.

As Nub’eer began to play, the room seemed to grow an intense red. The very room began to shake with the music as ash collected in the cracks of the wall. Bursts of light shot out the window with a crackle and burst outside in explosions of fire. Fire burst from the walls and seemed to fill the room, as if it its self was alive.

Lud'rak

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2002 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nub'eer plays the Ghaash Drum.

- b.d.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Grak'Shogum

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2002 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*pounds chest*
Thats got to be the only pic with me as warboss. Razz

Grak'Shogim- Ma'Urk (UO Angel Island)
Grak'Shogum-Gruntee-UO An Corp
Xug'nak

Character Skills: Me gid da breedurs lyke nub udder.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2002 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whud? Da Moonies hab kuntrul ober da Ghaash drum?!?

*Xug'nak becomes angry!*

Uz Ghaashiez need tu klomp dem dum Mooniez agh gid dat bak!

*Xug'nak head off to klomp a Moonie!*

Gorg'da'guud

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spammy was an alt of Thulag'Azg's (some of you know him as Ogur from SP).

Spammy joined Necropolis and very often players who didn't know who he was or what he'd done would kill him because the name seemed to be a "d3wd" sign hanging over his head.

Ug'skr

Character Skills: Smash!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Grak...
Maybe you should come back to cats and get boss again next cycle!!!!!!

EY EY EY EY?!?!?!?

Then we'll have more pics Razz

Nek'raka- Throquat Wa'Ligz-r Catskills- MIA
Shak'rak - Last Blood Mojoka of Catskills- Deceased
Ug'skr- Sneeki'Maurk- Prahkug'Buurzum
Skrug - Womp'n Gruntee - An Corp
Ug'Hag

Character Skills: Maurk Trainer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow great story.
BUBHOSH! HOOOOOOWAH!!

Kuig'aluge

Character Skills: Burpin', Fart'n, Breed'n

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BAH! Drums ub Ghaash am Ugli! Me wan cee Wardrum ub CIDER, nuw DAT be Bubhosh! Uwr Fowntin ub Cider! Uwr Brugh fall ub cider! WOOHAH.

Ghaash Drum Fings ugli nubhosh, UZELESS!

*BRRaAAUu--Zzz...*

Support the first amendment.
Grak'Shogum

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shakrak wrote:
Well Grak...
Maybe you should come back to cats and get boss again next cycle!!!!!!

EY EY EY EY?!?!?!?

Then we'll have more pics Razz

Why? The fact that there is only one picture tells you what kind of cycle it was.... Wink I won't ever put the clan through that again.

Grak'Shogim- Ma'Urk (UO Angel Island)
Grak'Shogum-Gruntee-UO An Corp
Ruuh'Nuk

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I once played the wardrums of fire, Back before i went to sleep for a long long time. They were locked down on a table in the stonehut i think im having trouble remembering

TrugOlig

Character Skills: Archery

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nub'eer

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ug!

In a recent period of nostalgia, I went through my archive of screenshots and found this one. It was made back when the Ghaash Drum was still locked down on the 2d floor of the Orcpost. (And back when there was no such thing as durability...)

Nub'eer.

BOM BOM BOM

Ghul'Ruk

Character Skills: Getting wood, Clomping, Preaching, Burning

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoowah! *grinz*

Goglok

Character Skills: LUSK-R!!!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(cough) donated 6 million gold to buy it back (cough)
________
Starcraft replays

Last edited by Goglok on Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Zulri

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

goglok you are a filthy liar
you know for a fact it was me who raised and donated the 6 million because you were standing right behind me IRL
i may have to hurt you in your sleep for trying to take credit for that one

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Catskills Skribbulz All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: