Shadowclan Main Page The Shadowclan Dark Moot

CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   CharactersCharacters   GroupsGroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Tue 13 Nov 2018
Wed 14 Nov 2018
Thu 15 Nov 2018
Fri 16 Nov 2018
Sat 17 Nov 2018
Sun 18 Nov 2018
SP's first gal drop success

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Emerald Shadow Company (Planetside)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nocturne

Character Skills: MACE!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:06 pm    Post subject: SP's first gal drop success Reply with quote

That's right folks we officially dropped on a TR tower next to a TR base and managed to wrestle control.

It took us three attempts but the last one really shinned. Krogs was able to square us off and we were able to land a lightning and a max and aboutm 3-4 troops on the roof.

2 infantry took bullets to the head, but our Max, and a handful of infantry were able to sneak in the top and hack it under their noses... GGG and 2 other Max volunteers then spawned at the tower to try and hold it..and we held it for a good 10 minutes pretty much alone. Zekc was our resident door hacker that led the way in.

This is what I'm aiming to do anywho... the one sucessful tower capture orchestrated by us was the highlight of the Outfit forming.

Noc- Planetside
Zrug'Pug

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm gonna redo my certs so i'm somewhat of an infrantry sniper/anti-veh so i'm more useful when we do these

Krog Gug

Character Skills: *burp*

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gimmie a bit to get used to galaxy flying again. been many many moons since I flew and dropped people in hot spots!

Spooks ~ City Of Heroes
Krogo ~ SWG Kettemoore ~ Boss
Krugh ~ Shadowbane ~ Urikhan
Krogs ~ Daoc Mordred ~ Nob
Krog ~ Daoc Guin ~ Grunt
Krog'Gug ~ Ultima Online Throquat Grunt
Spook ~ Planetside
Krul

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was a lot of fun. We clearly didnt know what we were doing for the most part (at least I didnt) and were only using text chat to communicate yet we were able to do surprisingly well.

You also forgot to mention we helped save a base by attacking the enemys base and forcing them to come defend... frankly I feel we turned the tide of that battle.

Great flying by Krogs and others. I also appreciated the more experienced players barking out orders on whats best to do, that is a great help to me and other new players while we get the hang of things.

Khasha'an

Character Skills: Ghaka'ka fir'khanim

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zrug'Pug wrote:
i'm gonna redo my certs so i'm somewhat of an infrantry sniper/anti-veh so i'm more useful when we do these

You know. I picked up engineering so I could repair my armor, but I find that my biggest enemy are air vehicles, other snipers, and stealthers. All three of these go through my armor like a hot knife through butter, so what is really the point to being able to repair if you die too fast anyway (except maybe in your downtime inside the bases).

There are also usually towers or AMS's in abundance which means a respawn with full armor, health, ammo after 20 seconds anyway.

I'll probably recert my 3 engineering points into the AA-MAX and maybe ATV's. Or into the infantry MAX for taking down bases.

Xorv

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armor absorbs a percentage of the damage done to you, which varries on the weapon being used against you. No armor left then it all goes to your health bar. More important for sniper vs sniper is your health, you have to heal that as well as have at least some armor left or they may one shot you, and if they are being smart and repairing/healing after being hit, it will take two shots for you to kill them.

Like you said Khasha'n if your close to an ams or equipment terminal you can use that and a couple of med packs and get by, but it's a lot better to have both engineering and medicine.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Emerald Shadow Company (Planetside) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: