Shadowclan Main Page The Shadowclan Dark Moot

CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   CharactersCharacters   GroupsGroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Tue 15 Oct 2019
Wed 16 Oct 2019
Thu 17 Oct 2019
Fri 18 Oct 2019
Sat 19 Oct 2019
Sun 20 Oct 2019
What are those big BFR things.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Emerald Shadow Company (Planetside)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vorgak

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It figures you'd be the one to shoot it's generator. No suprise there at all...... Wink
Qef

Character Skills: Nope, still useless.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xorv wrote:
I don't know about all this BFRs are overpowered business. I have never been bothered by them. They are very powerful, but like everything else they have their counters. I supose if you were looking at this from a tradition shooter game where everyone can kill everyone else, they would look a lot out of whack, but that's not Planetside.

BFRs take a lot of certs, cave requirement, they need a tech plant, and they have a 20 minute timer to get another one should they die. Tehy are slow so are easy to avoid for the most part. They make outdoor battles more static I think and that's actually good.

When I last played Planetside about a year ago I saw a single hotdropers from a mosquito kill BFRs constantly. I guess decimators aren't as good against them now or something, since I haven't seen that tactic being employed since I came back.

They nerfed the deci trick.

Krog Gug

Character Skills: *burp*

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wag'tuk wrote:
Vorgak wrote:
We dropped one tonight by chucking 10 emps at it, and then someone shot the shiny thing on it's butt. Twas a nice takedown for those abominations....

It was I that killed it. I ran under its legs and used my shotgun to kill that darned thing

Yup I saw that as we tossed jammers at it. Good to know it can be killed that easy.

I guess if one of us ever grab one that we need some of you guys to stay around underneath them to make sure the enemy doesnt run up and pop em.

Are they worth any extra experience to kill?

Spooks ~ City Of Heroes
Krogo ~ SWG Kettemoore ~ Boss
Krugh ~ Shadowbane ~ Urikhan
Krogs ~ Daoc Mordred ~ Nob
Krog ~ Daoc Guin ~ Grunt
Krog'Gug ~ Ultima Online Throquat Grunt
Spook ~ Planetside
Wag'tuk

Character Skills: Clomping, eetin....clomping... uhh oh yub Clomping

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't check if it was worth more experiece, but the personal satisfaction that it takes to bring down a BFR is worth it.

Wagtuk, MMHK X
Wagtuk, DFO X
Wagtuk, Travian X
Wagt tusk, EVE X
Wagtukum, VS, Planetside X
Wagtuk, Tusk, AI X
Wag'tuk, Warrior, WOW X
Eegtok, Combat medic Bossa, SWG X
Qef

Character Skills: Nope, still useless.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Khasha'an wrote:
Quote:
What are the primary differences between the grenade types (as in what are they used for, who do the hurt the most, ect)?

Frag Grenades are anti-infantry. They have a reasonably large blast radius so watch out for friendly fire.

Jammer Grenades do no damage, but shut down electronics and reset players implants within their blast radius. They seem to last for a few seconds ( I don't know exactly how long).

Plasma grenades can damage infantry and vehicles. They create a zone of green glowing plasma that damages anyone within it (sort of like a Damage over Time spell).

Quote:
Does this apply to the punisher ordinances (fragmentary, plasma, ect)?

Yes.

Quote:
Is AP ammo actually useful for something?

AP takes down the armor rating on MAX suits quicker than regular rounds, but a MAX suit can usually take you out before they lose all their armor so I normally just pack normal rounds.

However, since we are Vanu now, this doesn't matter because our only ammo on the energy weapons is the energy packs and they can be switched from regular to AP instantly at will.

Frag has more effect on armor than plasma, indeed Plasma won't even phase the health of a max.

Use frag to destroy things like terms, respawn tubes etc. as well.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Emerald Shadow Company (Planetside) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: