Shadowclan Main Page The Shadowclan Dark Moot

CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   CharactersCharacters   GroupsGroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Tue 15 Oct 2019
Wed 16 Oct 2019
Thu 17 Oct 2019
Fri 18 Oct 2019
Sat 19 Oct 2019
Sun 20 Oct 2019
Planetside Branch - Vanu on Emerald
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Emerald Shadow Company (Planetside)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Khasha'an

Character Skills: Ghaka'ka fir'khanim

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fey wrote:
Khasha'an wrote:
Fey wrote:
one thing I haven't seen anyone say yet is to save different loads then you can reequip with few clicks (seems obvious, but still..)

I had infantry, stealth, CE, vehicle etc loads on same character

Those make more sense for enlisted folks and not for reservists. As a reservist I can specialize in one activity. I chose sniping; I just need to get a feel for where to situate myself relative to the action.

when I reactivated this winter for a month I never got past CR6 but I still had different loads. I was support type with adv med/adv engineering (so i quit cos there was noone worth supporting Very Happy) and that ment full support load, infantry, magrider gunner, vehicle/support hybrid, trap load, trap/infantry hybrid etc

ymmv but even when I had beginer sniper I had several loads to be able to adapt fast

I have since added the grenade/rocket launching gun and frag grenades as an option for assaulting people in doors. Those grenades wreak havoc in closed rooms.

The most fun I had last night was sitting behind some rocks with my rifle just watching the door to an Vanu personnel tower. The minute they started spawning I took em down.

I am, however, weighing the advantages of the Scout Rifle to the Bolt Driver.

1 hit from Bolt Driver = 75% dmg to health, but in the time it takes to reload the enemy is running aruond and very hard to target.

1 hit from Scout Gun = 25-30% damage, but I can blast off 4 or 5 shots in a few seconds and don't have to worry about the target moving around.

Qef

Character Skills: Nope, still useless.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last Time I checked out a scout rifle, the damage was more like 15%.

The advantage of the scout rifle is solely range and no need for the sniping cert.

Kursech

Character Skills: really really good ones

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scout rifle IIRC takes 5 shots to down a rexo compared to the bolt driver's 2. But it shoots faster and I think the bloom goes down faster? Don't remember.
Khasha'an

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something I was really wishing last night. In vehicle with open cabins, snipers should be allowed to shoot the drivers and gunners to disable the vehicle. If I can see the drivers head through the windshield I ought to be able to tag him with my rifle and not have to have armor piercing rounds or rockets and have to blow up the whole vehicle just to get the driver.

Xorv

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
In vehicle with open cabins, snipers should be allowed to shoot the drivers and gunners to disable the vehicle. If I can see the drivers head through the windshield I ought to be able to tag him with my rifle and not have to have armor piercing rounds or rockets and have to blow up the whole vehicle just to get the driver.

While that does sound like a neat idea, in terms of game balance it wouldn't be the best, since buggies are already low on the scale of gimp to uber. Now shooting through Reaver and Mosquito cockpit windows, that could be something good. Twisted Evil

If your using the Thumper Gren launcher really really be carefull where you fire it. I tried it some time ago, and even with what I consider fairly good situational awareness and aim, I was finding the grief the Thumper generated compared to the kills I got with it, too much to warrent keeping the cert.

Kursech

Character Skills: really really good ones

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, something about thumper grief vs. the damage it is actually doing to teammates seems off to me. IMO it's a great gun for organized squad use, but is horrible any other time simply because of the grief it accumulates.
Khasha'an

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm currently in Reinforced Armor with the Cycler as my backup (using armor piercing rounds), Bolt Driver as my main, one set of plasma grenades and as many med packs as I could fit.

I'm trained on the ATV's (good for getting where I need to be to snipe), and will have certs left over at BR6 (Now I just have to think of something to spend them on; it's 2 or 3 certs so I'm still debating).

I'm probably going to start a second character just for air cavalry and MAX-Suits. (The ground armor vehicles are a pain to drive around trees).

Xorv

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
(using armor piercing rounds)

To fight light vehicles and MAX suits? AP (gold) ammo is much worse against infantry of all types than the regular (white) ammo. Just saying that in case your not using it for hitting vehicles and max suits.

Making different characters for different roles sounds like a good idea for a reserve player, but make one for MAX suits and another for Air Cav, you'll want some infantry skills on the Air Cav one.

Nugug

Character Skills: biology, 200 alcohol tolerance

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you pick up the ATV as I did recently, try the fury..it is so frickin powerful. It has a rocket launcher on it that does pretty good damage, and combined with its super agility and fast speed, it can wreak havoc on just about anything, infantry maxes and other vehicles included.

Heck after having the thing for one day, I have killed everything from infantry, to magriders, flying reavers, bfrs, to one galaxy so far..sure some of the bigger things were damaged already, but still it's frickin awesome compared to how cheap the cert is ( 1 point ). Plus a lot of you snipers ect already probably have the cert to get around with.

Try it out, I run around with it with a engie repair gun to keep the fury repaired cause it is very light on armor (the only drawback really). Oh and it takes a little while to get use to cause you can't aim left to right, only up and down. So you have to turn your vehicle to aim left to right, but it's quite easy once you practice a little.

Oh and I use this thing over the lightning anytime..so don't even bother picking up armored assault 1 unless you plan on getting 2 for the prowler, imo lightning sucks. Gl guys!

K'Dahbruh
Old Admin
Old Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love fighting furies with the lightning. I just keep moving and firing. The fury is spending all of it's time aiming to try to hit me, and doesn't have attention left to dodge. If it dodges, it's not shooting at me.

I just circle the fury, and start lobbing 75mm rounds at it. It keeps trying to turn, sucking up the damage, and dies.

Khasha'an

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

K'Dahbruh wrote:
I love fighting furies with the lightning. I just keep moving and firing. The fury is spending all of it's time aiming to try to hit me, and doesn't have attention left to dodge. If it dodges, it's not shooting at me.

I just circle the fury, and start lobbing 75mm rounds at it. It keeps trying to turn, sucking up the damage, and dies.

I find the 75mm cannon hard to aim. The reticle doesn't point to where the projectile will go, you have to aim about an inch (screen distance) above your target in order to score a hit. I got toasted today while trying to fight another light tank with that cannon because it was incredibly hard to score a hit while moving. That would be my biggest complaint about the lightning though. It is very fast though, which I like.

Kzog

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But that lets you shoot it over hills or walls.
Zrug'Pug

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kzog wrote:
But that lets you shoot it over hills or walls.

yea, i have to admite thats something that seems to be quite useful

Khasha'an

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. It just sucks against moving targets and I suck at hitting moving targets with it is all I'm saying. If I'm ever gunning your Prowler, make sure to put me in the chaingun, because unless I'm bombarding a stationary spot I'm no good with artillery.

Kadargo

Character Skills: Klompun

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all.

I've heard word that SC has a PS branch. However, I don't know the name of your outfit, or if you even HAVE one yet. If you have one, or are trying to start one, I was just wondering if maybe I could get in on it? I have guys on all 3 empires so whatever you guys play would be fine by me. Just let me know what side you play.

So could I possibly get in on this?

Xorv

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kadargo

Name Shadow Platoon
Server: Emerald
Empire: Vanu

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Emerald Shadow Company (Planetside) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: