Shadowclan Main Page The Shadowclan Dark Moot

CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   CharactersCharacters   GroupsGroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Tue 15 Oct 2019
Wed 16 Oct 2019
Thu 17 Oct 2019
Fri 18 Oct 2019
Sat 19 Oct 2019
Sun 20 Oct 2019
3 Year Anniversary

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Emerald Shadow Company (Planetside)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kul'Gur

Character Skills: Fizt Shakun, Cane Whappin

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 11:48 am    Post subject: 3 Year Anniversary Reply with quote

The patch client says they have something special for us planned... What they're gonna do remains to be seen... By the way, with practice that dual bolt driver can really REALLY cause some damage

Kulgur - Ghaash'Blud Sharkuu Nob
Kul'Gur - Bitur Wa'lusk-r
Steam Username - aclayttu
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Xorv

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't get too excited by this. There will be a reward for those that have been subcribing to Planetside for 3 years straight, an event which might be fun for a day, and if the forumside speculation is to be believed a major change to one of the maps.

Kul'Gur

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bah! Don't kill my marketing move Xorv!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Khasha'an

Character Skills: Ghaka'ka fir'khanim

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Kul'Gur. I have two chars in game, but one is a solo-type sniper named GySgtKhashaan.

If I'm ever on at the same time we could try sync-ing up our shots. I don't use voice comms though so one of us would have to be designated target caller.

Tip with the bolt driver:

1) If you have to move your sights left or right use the strafe button and your accuracy crosshairs will barely move at all; So you won't have to wait 2 sec to get your crosshairs to get centered.

2) If you are trying to shoot a moving target, fire your rifle right when they touch the outer edge of your crosshairs. By the time they reach the center your bullet will have arrived and you've just plunked a moving target. I do it all the time and it's fun to watch em scramble.

If you get enhanced targeting you can pick your targets easier because you can find ones who are damaged. They are the one-shot kills.

Kul'Gur

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip, and btw.. if you don't you don't at least carry a pulsar with you, you are minced meat for infantry soldiers charging your position.

Khasha'an

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kul'Gur wrote:
Thanks for the tip, and btw.. if you don't you don't at least carry a pulsar with you, you are minced meat for infantry soldiers charging your position.

I usually carry my bolt driver. 1 set of frags, 1 set of jammers, 2 sets of plasma, two med kits, and the pulsar rifle (with maybe one or two magazines of extra ammo)...I fill out the rest with my sniper ammo. If you find a good spot for killing 50 rounds really doesn't last all that long.

Xorv

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far the event has just taken away stuff not given anything. Although, I must say I was quite happy that Libs and Reavers are temporarly unvailable. If only Mosquitos were lost too, there would be great outdoor infantry fights.

Khasha'an

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for supporting us for 3 years, now give us all your stuff. Razz

Xorv

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Word has it Mosquitos are gone today,. It's like Christmas except where Santa sneaks into your house and steals all the annoying toys your siblings have irritated you with for years.

Khasha'an

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xorv wrote:
Word has it Mosquitos are gone today,. It's like Christmas except where Santa sneaks into your house and steals all the annoying toys your siblings have irritated you with for years.

If you ever wondered how Santa does all that, I've got your explanation.

Xorv

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The event has moved on to a new stage. Have to fight in the caves to get back the lost vehicles one at a time. It's expected to take three days or more to get them all back. Pure speculation here, but I wonder if after all the old vehicles have been recovered whether there will be a new one found.

Anyway if you like cave fighting, next few days is a good time to play.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Emerald Shadow Company (Planetside) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: