Shadowclan Main Page The Shadowclan Dark Moot

CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   CharactersCharacters   GroupsGroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Mon 11 Dec 2017
Tue 12 Dec 2017
Wed 13 Dec 2017
Thu 14 Dec 2017
Fri 15 Dec 2017
Sat 16 Dec 2017
<burp>

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> LOTRO Skribbulz
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gorbag Rotmakr

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:03 am    Post subject: <burp> Reply with quote

Bubhosh eetin lazt muun, dem pinkskinz tayste lyke chiggun. Tarks am pritti greezy doh, tu much gib Ole Shubrat gaz . . . . . . . <opens a window>

Grish'Nakh

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for leading the fight. In typical Grish fashion, I was one of the first to die, over and over..... I was keeping up with everyone until I got clomped in the cave. By the time I ran back, the rest of our group was in the back, and there was no way to get back to everyone. Oh well.. . good clomp though!
Gorbag Rotmakr

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Har! Yes, I had been wanting to say something to you guys (both you and Grash - though more so you) about the continual bloodthirsy charging unsupported unto . . . . ahem . . . the no-doubt-target-rich-but-nonetheless-certain-death environment of the enemy raid - but then I remembered what you both were like Twisted Evil I know better that to stand between you you guys and your dinner! Laughing

I was worried a bit about what happened to Kurrg, I hope he just needed to get some rest at the point he left.

We were generally pretty cohesive and effective, especially given we had no healing for much of the clomp. I did think we got strung out a bit too much a couple of times, especially during the march chasing the rebels from Tirith Rawr up through the gobbo camp, and then into the cave. Once we were in the cave we got somewhat further seperated by combat as we entered, but when we had to make the dash to save the Tyrant I can't see any way to avoid getting spread out like we ended up getting. In fact, I assume the reason why enough of our side made it back to the Tyrant to successfully defend him in the first place is due to your wild charges into their midst! Hoowah!

I think in general I was pretty weak at providing tactical targeting information. I am not usually "main assist" in either this game or the last, and I don't onsider myself particularly adept at it. I was having a devil of a time spotting the minstrils in a timely fashion anyway, and I was also trying to multitask between that, maintaining situational awareness for the group by looking around and watching the chat window, ligzing the skahs up da bum, and last but not least trying to stay out of clomping range myself. I need to work on it more, perhaps next time we do this - in the meantime my apologies!

We might also try something I had thought might be effective and have a stealthed warg designate targets. I am not sure how well this would work, but it seems like it might be a good idea to try at least once.

We succeded in the caves. Later on things escalated to the point that what was left of us (Harfang, Vrak, and myself) disbanded to join the larger defense raid - there was a large, long running battle seesawing back and forth between the south bridge at Tir Ascarblah and the humie controlled Lumber Yard. I left at 11:45 (I needed to wake up for the daily trip to labor in the grub farm at 6, and I'm getting too old to go without sleep these days! Wink ) - from what I could see the battle was still raging.

Granaak

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The battle raged late into the night with the Freep numbers growing as it got later. At one point we were facing two Freep raids of between 15-20 players each. We hunkered down in TA holding off one raid but the other one went around and took the other keeps from us one after the other. There was a brief battle in Lug to try and hold that but we were overwhelmed in short order.

Things were looking bleak. The freeps rallied at TA now in control of all the respawn points. They'd lost a few in number as it was getting pretty late but they still numbered over 30 players to our 20 or so. We moved into the keep for a last stand. The freeps drove us back fighting their way deeper and deeper into the keep finally pushing us back to the Tyrant's room. As they starting pulling the guards out of the room monsters were dying left and right throwing themselves at the freeps to try and pull down a minstrel or loremaster in the confusion, but usually to no avail.

Finally the battle with the Tyrant was at hand. A last stand for the Servants of the Iron Crown. The battle was joined. The monsters made their move trying to foil the attack of freeps. The freep healers had to die so our Tyrant could do his work. Wave after wave of us was repulsed but slowly we claimed victims. Down went one minstrel then a second one. The confusion of battle had caused the freeps to bug the Tyrant several times resetting him and undoing all their work. Finally one of the Freep players blundered into several of the Trolls the Freeps had ignored until then drawing them to the Tyrant's aid.

As the trolls slammed into the enemy force the tide turned. Down went the last of the minstrels. Down went the guardians without the minstrel's songs to keep them on their feet. Panic struck the Freeps as they saw the end drawing near. They began to cast themselves from the walls of the keep in their fear. They tried to flee but the bloodlust of the monsters was roaring and they were cut down as they fled. Of the group that assaulted the Tyrant almost all met a violent bloody end.

TA had been saved for the night, but there was much to do to recover from the losses inflicted upon our side that evening with the loss of Isen, Lug, TR, and the LC. That however was work for another day.

Grasknak

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good story tellin, Granaak!
Gorbag Rotmakr

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOOWAH GLOREE!!! Laughing

Falast

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After the massacre of the retreating Freeps they were, as would be imagined, mad, so they decided to come at TA again. They were once again able to fight up to the tyrant but this time an uncontrolled herald of one of the Freep captains was pulled to make the rest of the defenders of the room mad. This resulted in a full route of them once again, with much blood and gore! This apparently was enough for them and they did not dare to assail TA once again. But instead left a few, about 10, to harass us enough so that we couldn't take back any keeps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> LOTRO Skribbulz All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: