Shadowclan Main Page The Shadowclan Dark Moot

CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   CharactersCharacters   GroupsGroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Tue 13 Nov 2018
Wed 14 Nov 2018
Thu 15 Nov 2018
Fri 16 Nov 2018
Sat 17 Nov 2018
Sun 18 Nov 2018
Emerald & Markov are merging

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Emerald Shadow Company (Planetside)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mohr

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:44 am    Post subject: Emerald & Markov are merging Reply with quote

Producer's Letter - North American Server Merge on May 20th 2008

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps/posts/list.m?topic_id=88000017737

I got an an email that said:

Greetings Soldiers of Auraxis!

With the goal of maintaining a high level of battle between the three Empires of PlanetSide, the two North American servers, Markov and Emerald, will be merged into one server, Gemini, on May 20, 2008.
Starting today, as a part of a select group of past PlanetSide players, you will be able to log in for free until May 21, 2008.

Preserve your Legacy! After the merge, many character names will be duplicated and priority will be given to players who have logged in most recently and to those who created their names first. (See below for name change details.)

As an added bonus, special merits will be given to native Markov and Emerald players to represent your loyalty to your past server. Characters will receive their merits upon logging into Gemini for the first time after the server merger is complete.

If you haven’t played in a while come check out what’s new in PlanetSide! Experience elevated battles and more competitive play!

K'Dahbruh
Old Admin
Old Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't get the email, but then again I'm not sure I've actually ever been a paying Planetside subscriber. I played through the beta, then shared an account someone else wasn't using but was still paying for, then came back for the free year. Shocked
Xorv

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did pay, where's my email? Guess I'm not part of the select group of players. Mad

Khasha'an

Character Skills: Ghaka'ka fir'khanim

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make the game free to play all the time and I'm in. Until then I'll see you guys in America's Army (to which I've held a steady addiction since last June).

Xorv

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got my invite, although been too busy to use it yet for some free Planetside gameplay again. Got to to try out the new advanced hacking abilites though, was waiting for ages for them to put those in game.

Sadly it seems that BlackOps skah is still in game, I can't believe how stupid developers can be sometimes.. even when the vast majority of players are hositle to it, MMO developers seem hell bent on adding gameplay that only an EQ/WoW type gamer would like.

I also took a peek on the PS forums, seems all reserve characters will be deleted on the merge. So, for SCers who were reserve players and didn't upgrade to a subscriber, those characters will be gone... not that it really makes a difference in game like this... nor that many, if any of us will play if Sony keeps insisting we pay a full subscription for this old game, that gets updates only every blue moon.

K'Dahbruh
Old Admin
Old Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Sony puts out a new MMO worth playing, I might go ahead and spring for a Sony Station account, so I can play some Planetside occasionally too, but that's what it'd take, because I'm not going to pay full subscription price for it.

I haven't read about the 'Black Ops' stuff, but I know I didn't like the way Sony was going with game updates, so I probably wouldn't like this either. And, otherwise, while Planetside had the best PvP of any MMO, more depth is/was needed in the game - you can only spawn back in, shoot guys, die, rinse and repeat for so long before it gets old. FPSes aren't long-term-play games, even MMOFPSes.

Xorv

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If Sony puts out a new MMO worth playing

Well that's not very likely, but I guess we could be suprised.

Blackops stuff is a fourth empire that can't capture bases only make them neutral, which alone while not a great idea isn't terrible. The really skah part is that Blackops are super soldiers they have 10 times the health and 5 times the stamina of a normal player, thus breaking the very basics of FPS game balance. At least players can't be blackops all the time, it's kind of an event thing.

The really stupid part is I don't recall a single player of Planetside asking for anything remotely like this added to the game, although there have been lots of requests for other additions and fixes. When it was announced, the forumside comunity was overwhelmingly hostile to the idea, yet the devs went ahead anyway.

When it was first introduced into the game it was durring some convention and was disaster as well. They had 50 convention goers, mostly EQ players that apparently are horrible at FPS PvP log on as BlackOps. They got slaughtered, and then the developers put them on the same side as the Vanu, and many of the Vanu players TKed them out of spite or under the false belief they would be able to loot the special swords Blackops players have. There was lag and log on problems as well... all in all a complete SOE failure.

Of course now BlackOPs get played by gamers that can actually play Planetside not some pathetic EQers.

As I said just plain stupid.

Xorv

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Played for free last night. It was late and there was still a decent sized fight going on. No BlackOps events and no obvious cheaters, so was pretty good. Oh and I got my three year merit so get flamethrowers for no cert points. Twisted Evil Still don't plan on paying $15 a month for it though.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Emerald Shadow Company (Planetside) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: