Shadowclan Main Page The Shadowclan Dark Moot

CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   CharactersCharacters   GroupsGroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Wed 22 Nov 2017
Thu 23 Nov 2017
Fri 24 Nov 2017
Sat 25 Nov 2017
Sun 26 Nov 2017
Mon 27 Nov 2017
Squig Herder Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Warhammer Online (WAR)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gorgok

Character Skills: ----- Gorgok: Sneeki Wompr, Gurguk: Sneeki Kiggr, Ojomrog: Teefn Mojo, Budrog: Drumdum

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, until you can get the Shooting Wif Da Wind tactic its not really useful to be Quick Shooting (low damage, short range), so splitting isn't a good idea. I ran full Quick until i hit 40, but after even a little PVE with my current build i figure i should have just gone Big Shooting until i had the points to spread. While its not as diverse you can put up some insane numbers early on with 25% damage tactics, ballistics stacking and tactics and then the 1s plink.

At 20 i would just put 4 points of BS and the 1s plink tactic. Aimin' Quickly and Expert Skirmisher would be my choice of PVE tactics. With pet tanking just get close enough to make the damage bonus work and you will hit very hard. In PVP i would not use Expert Skirmisher but instead Steady Aim. Its not gonna have nearly as much damage, but no range limit is much better.

Though thats with being solo in mind. If you have a BO buddy or healer around QS with Splinterin' Arrers could be useful as its damage effectively grows with each target it hits. I don't recommend it though, even if you can kill 4 mobs just as fast as you kill 1, a BS spec will most likely kill 3 in the same time, if not 4. But when there isn't a blob to pull they will kill those singles spread apart in 1/4 of the tine.

Zashtuk

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, awesome. Thank you.

Zashtuk

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just hit level 33 last night, what armor should I be on the hunt for? I am running up the BS line. Up to and including Clever Shootin' and now working my way up QS, up to 11.

I enjoy targeting healers and those stupid Wizards. I am learning to kite and have gotten better and pre kiting and moving before they get close to me.

Thanks

Gorgok

Character Skills: ----- Gorgok: Sneeki Wompr, Gurguk: Sneeki Kiggr, Ojomrog: Teefn Mojo, Budrog: Drumdum

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really its just a matter of getting the different RVR armor sets or influence items once you hit T4. At first i would just get Annihilator/Bloodlord (a full set in total, ideally at least 2 pieces of each) so you can hit the higher dungeons later. But if you only have Annihilator (and have a set already) i would only use 2-3 pieces and fill the 'bad' pieces with influence armor.

From there it depends on how and when you get armor, but you should aim for Conqueror and Sentinel stuff next (6 piece sentinel is probably great, but 4 with 2 Conqueror probably is easier and might be better). I don't know how easy it is to get the PVP armors now with tokens, but if its much easier than getting a group to run the dungeons, then full Conqueror isn't bad either.

After that its Invader and Dark Promise stuff, but mixing in the older stuff is still fine. 4 piece DP and 2 piece Invader (or 3/3, its the same bonuses) is probably the best set you can get before you get to Warlord/Sovereign.

Sovereign/Warlord might be possible now, depending on how the tokens work, so if it is, 5 piece Sov and 3 piece Warlord would be killer... Though 5 Sov and 3 DP would probably be pretty sick too (+13% crit chance from the bonuses i know of alone, and i don't know any of the individual Sov piece bonuses).

Really its just a mix and match game with armor sets. The set bonuses are key, they are a huge improvement to any stat you choose, getting enough pieces for a set bonus you like is all that really matters, fill the rest of the slots with something else (another set for another bonus, or influence/rare gear for unique stats).

SH armor sets listed here.

Zashtuk

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That kind of makes sense, I have Tier three inf gear now and I think the Dev chest. I knew about the database, but I was looking for the opinion of the Clan. Thanks, now I know which ones to hunt for....off we go.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Warhammer Online (WAR) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: