Shadowclan Main Page The Shadowclan Dark Moot

CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   CharactersCharacters   GroupsGroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Sat 23 Sep 2017
Sun 24 Sep 2017
Mon 25 Sep 2017
Tue 26 Sep 2017
Wed 27 Sep 2017
Thu 28 Sep 2017
Choppa Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Warhammer Online (WAR)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gan'Tungi

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was playing my Choppa in the 11-20 Nordenwatch over the weekend and I was regularly scoring top damage at ranks 12-13. Even R20 squishies like BWs melt away in front of my AOE onslaught.

I'm sticking with wrecka spec for leveling until 40 then respeccing into slaya. The dual-wield is important because of its parry bonus. I've been talking to a guy from the somethings of Malal guild which apparently has the server's #1 ranked Choppa, and he's been giving me some tips and info. He has told me that Choppas at T4 are pretty fragile so it's basically a best defense is a good offense kind of deal. Kill them before they can kill you.

Finally, when there's a team of healers on you keeping you alive, it's just disgusting what kind of damage a Choppa can do. I love my Choppa and can't wait to get him higher. He's R15/12 atm.

Grakhoar

Character Skills: Magical Salvaging, Talisman Making

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I am getting close to the epic quests for the choppa. What gear do you recommend for a two hander on the wrecka build? I plan using the advice of the best defense is a quick killing offense.

Here are the quest items:

http://www.warhammeralliance.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3805044&postcount=10

and the T4 Inf items:

http://www.warhammeralliance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=267415

also, if you are using two weapons with % bonuses, is there a chance with each swing that either could cause its special ability?

Crap! I see they are going to nerf the wrecka line...gonna have to wait until the dust settles after the patch.

Grakhoar

Character Skills: Magical Salvaging, Talisman Making

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have since answered my own questions about builds and weapons. Currently I am in the Savage line with Furious Choppin for the self healing ability.

The weapons I am looking for are in Bastion Stair call the loppa of somthing that give 4% chance of critical hit. I will go to the middle wing regularly if I can find a band to go with me in an attempt to get two choppaz from the boss there.

I am trying to increase my % of Critical hit so any suggestions on gear are appreciated. So far I think I get

6% from Renown advancement at level 72,
8% from the two Bastion Stair Choppaz
2% from an Influence helm and Influence chest piece

Any other ideas?

Azh
Old Admin

Character Skills: Grandmaster Grumpiness

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're a dual-wielder, correct? If so, it seems like crit chance would be less of a focus than if you were using a one-hander where you have to make every hit count.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Warhammer Online (WAR) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: