Shadowclan Main Page The Shadowclan Dark Moot

CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   CharactersCharacters   GroupsGroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Wed 22 Nov 2017
Thu 23 Nov 2017
Fri 24 Nov 2017
Sat 25 Nov 2017
Sun 26 Nov 2017
Mon 27 Nov 2017
Check your billing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Warhammer Online (WAR)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Igbug

Character Skills: chop, slash, urt, klomp

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:32 am    Post subject: Check your billing Reply with quote

Mythic charged me 10x for the subscription. I have talked to some folks that were charged in excess of 100x. This is the second time this has happened to me, so with my computer being broke and being unable to play, I canceled. I was very fortunate I got paid today and was able to avoid overdraft fees, however it has adversely affected many people in a very serious way and hope this incredible error on Mythic's part has not hurt any of my clan mates. I hope to see you again at some point in a future game HOOOWAH!
Dek'Oligz

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here and I'll likely cancel. I got it on the low side, 105 dollars and it didn't go into overdraft either. The game was fun, but not worth this kind of hassle. I feel bad for everyone that got it worse than I did.

Have Played:
Dekoligz, Uruk Blackarrow
Dek'Oligz, Throquat Gu'Ligz'r

Check out my miniature painting log: Fullmetal Minis
Grubdug

Character Skills: Herbalism: 300, Mining:300, First Aid:300

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good thing I usually use Gametime Cards for that very reason.

Luknarg

Character Skills: Bubhosh howler

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah this is a serious issue. I've decided to change over to a prepaid visa to keep this type of thing from affecting credit problems in the future. Sure it costs a few dollars more to get a prepaid, but overall I think its worth it.
Jahzug

Character Skills: Herb 300/ Alch 300 / fishing 150

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I got billed 12 times. I'll never give my credit card info to Mythic again.

Dek'Oligz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My money has been refunded. It took my girlfriend longer to get hers, but she finally did, and fortunately her bank was top notch about deleting her overdraft charges caused by Mythic's error.

Still, with a few days having passed I've had time to consider. I won't be playing any longer, I'm looking for another game to play right now. I'll probably do like Grub and use only prepaid cards from now on as well. Gaming is supposed to be one of those tiny bills you're happy to pay, not one of the problem causers.

I honestly gave Mythic a chance too. I do blame Mythic, since they chose the vendor that screwed up. It's the way that they handled it that disgusts me, not so much the error itself. People were posting about a little girl missing her birthday party because her dad couldn't afford it, no money for groceries, embarrassing credit card declines at restaurants, etc.

Mythic keeps replying with "Sorry for your inconvenience." Hundreds of dollars isn't an inconvenience. An apology doesn't make me less angry about the situation. In my opinion, and I do operate my own business, from a business perspective they had to turn our frowns upside down. Give us something to make up for the error. A free month of gameplay would be small, but something. More than that would be even better. My girlfriend even joked, after reading a post asking if Mythic would buy a guy a cheeseburger, that they should order everyone a pizza.

The fact that they just said sorry after such a monumental screw up makes me not want to do business with them ever again.

Have Played:
Dekoligz, Uruk Blackarrow
Dek'Oligz, Throquat Gu'Ligz'r

Check out my miniature painting log: Fullmetal Minis
greevil

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It grieves me to say that I'm planning to terminate my Mythic account as well. I had just reactivated it and had a great time playing with the Clan, and I did not suffer the bogus charges that so many did.

But, after several days of serious thought about it, it really just seems like too big a screwup to ignore. Such a dire mistake calls for dire consequences, so I'm going to cancel my account preemptively.

As I say, I'm sad to do it. I really enjoyed WAR, especially when running with the Clan. Of all the races I've played in many games, the WAR Greenskins are the most fun. It makes me sad to tell them goodbye. But it just seems, relentlessly, to be the right thing to do.

Jahzug

Character Skills: Herb 300/ Alch 300 / fishing 150

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm giving age of Conan another chance, but I think I'll use game cards this time...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Warhammer Online (WAR) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: