Shadowclan Main Page The Shadowclan Dark Moot

CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   CharactersCharacters   GroupsGroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Sun 22 Apr 2018
Mon 23 Apr 2018
Tue 24 Apr 2018
Wed 25 Apr 2018
Thu 26 Apr 2018
Fri 27 Apr 2018
Confirmed: Disconnected games can be restarted!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Other Blood Bowl Leagues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Huurk

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:25 pm    Post subject: Confirmed: Disconnected games can be restarted! Reply with quote

After weeks of wondering if Blarg's technique was repeatable, I had the opportunity to try it tonight. I was playing a game with Nuzz and his computer locked up in turn 7. I waited until the reconnection attempt timed out and got the pop-up giving me a Quit Game button. Instead of clicking this button, I alt-tabbed out of the game, right-clicked the game icon on my taskbar, and selected Close Program. When I loaded the game again, the score was ?-? and when Nuzz logged back in, we were able to restart the game at turn 1 and play it to completion... HOOWAH!!!
Hin

Character Skills: Pie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is awesome news, and should be stickied or added to some sticky.
Nuzzgrund

Character Skills: Grumblin'

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Huurk is the MAN!!

Thanks for doing that, he even gave up the win (for a tie), almost lost his Witch Elf, all the SPP and money and had others injured. The bright side is that we got to play the game.. and see a gutter runner run out onto the pitch and commit suicide at the bottom of the 16th turn.

Thanks Huurk I appreciate you sticking it out and finding this solution as well.

Blood Bowl: Coach Nuzz of da Plaguebringaz and some of the other dirty rat teams out there!!!

When someone knocks you down, get back up... if you can't get up... bite his ankles.
Hin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this may or may not work anymore, in a recent game with nuzz who got disconnected, i didn't notice he was d/ced and all of a sudden the game menu popped up, not the disconnection notice, with only "Abandon Match" available. as i didn't know what was happening i thought i'd accidentally activated the game menu. before i had time trying to do anything, the menu disappeared and i was back in game, the end of game gong immediately sounded and i was taken to the end of game menu. i Alt-F4ed at that point, but when i logged back in the score was set.

i guess i could have alt-f4ed when the game menu popped up but it was up for only 10-20 seconds.

Nuzzgrund

Character Skills: Grumblin'

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hin wrote:
this may or may not work anymore, in a recent game with nuzz who got disconnected, i didn't notice he was d/ced and all of a sudden the game menu popped up, not the disconnection notice, with only "Abandon Match" available. as i didn't know what was happening i thought i'd accidentally activated the game menu. before i had time trying to do anything, the menu disappeared and i was back in game, the end of game gong immediately sounded and i was taken to the end of game menu. i Alt-F4ed at that point, but when i logged back in the score was set.

i guess i could have alt-f4ed when the game menu popped up but it was up for only 10-20 seconds.

It was my fault, I had to drop out due to my kids. Not a disconnect.

Blood Bowl: Coach Nuzz of da Plaguebringaz and some of the other dirty rat teams out there!!!

When someone knocks you down, get back up... if you can't get up... bite his ankles.
Hin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooh. ok that makes sense then.
Huurk

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes it definitely still works. A couple days ago I was playing a match in the Phoenix Throne league and my opponent was hit by a bug in turn 1 that wouldn't let him select players (happened to me once, it sucks!). Rather than have him play the whole game handicapped, we both closed the game externally and were able to restart.
Fey

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just had reng's machine disconnected in last turn and I am sitting at quit game screen, but when i alt tab and try to right click it puts me back into game :/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Other Blood Bowl Leagues All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: