Shadowclan Main Page The Shadowclan Dark Moot

CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   CharactersCharacters   GroupsGroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Tue 13 Nov 2018
Wed 14 Nov 2018
Thu 15 Nov 2018
Fri 16 Nov 2018
Sat 17 Nov 2018
Sun 18 Nov 2018
All leagues are wrapping up soon. What's Next?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Other Blood Bowl Leagues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Malal_Bonesinger

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 11:18 am    Post subject: All leagues are wrapping up soon. What's Next? Reply with quote

All three current SC Blood Bowl leagues are into the playoff phase. In a few short weeks all leagues will be done, so what shall we do at that point? I believe that Clomp will be going into the next season. With enough interest would could do another season of the Agility League as well. Anything else?

I know that some have expressed taking a break which is understandable. Leagues have been running pretty much back to back for close to a year now. We could revise some of the prior leagues. Hard? FAST? GAS? There was also talk of another novelty league.

If no other leagues are running and people are interested what of running an initial "Linemen Only league" It's something I'd like to see done at some point and is certainly easier to do with 8 teams then 20. Also could allow us to work out kinks for when BB:LE is released. What I would like to see a Lineman Only League do is run for two seasons. First season is Linemen only as stated. Second season teams are then allowed to purchase any remaining positionals to flesh out their teams.

chuckprime

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definately plan on playing in some of these. We should post here what leagues we all want to play.

Clomp! - Human or Dwarf

I will join at least one of the following, although no more than two: (in order of preferance)

GAS - Gobbo of course
New Novelty (Linemen sounds like fun) - Dark Elf
Agility - Wood Elf
Rookie - Lizard
Hard - Human or Dwarf

Blarg

Character Skills: Rambling

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be moving the Shallows into Clomp!

Aside from that, I have several teams I'd like to play, in the following order for which teams I want to play most. I don't care what kind of leagues they're in, they just want homes.

Ancestors - 1750ish Orcs
Sins - 1650ish Lizards
Rapids - 1300ish dark elves, Agility

Nuzzgrund

Character Skills: Grumblin'

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am deciding if I am returning to Clomp... We will see when it starts up.

I would like to run another GAS league.

I am starting to burn out a bit, So I may be sitting for a season in most. GAS was always fun, so I will play in that if there is interest.

Others will depend on what is going to be run, but doubtful.

Blood Bowl: Coach Nuzz of da Plaguebringaz and some of the other dirty rat teams out there!!!

When someone knocks you down, get back up... if you can't get up... bite his ankles.
Malal_Bonesinger

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well honestly I have more leagues(teams) that I'd like to play in than time. I like both my Chaos teams, can't really decide. GAS has always sounded like fun. I'm vested into the Agility League and the Lineman only league sounds like it would be quite interesting as well. Outside of Clomp I may need to get into some leagues where the focus is more on the novelty(fun) aspect of it, just to get my head straight.

Primarly the reason for the interests in GAS, Agility, Lineman leagues.

Blarg

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd do a linemen league if I can't find homes for my others. It does sound fun. I didn't list it because I prefer playing with developed teams in general, so would rather play with a team I already have than start a new one, but I'll take what I can get. Razz
Vulg

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm only up for 2 possible leagues, one of which will be Clomp! If we do a second season of the Finesse league I will probably play in that. Linemen only league? That sounds dreadful!

WoW: Vulg, Retired Ghaashblud Nob
Shadowbane: Diahb Rhu'khan, Khal'usht
UO CATSKILLS: Vulg'Ruk, Rabid Howlin Skullz Womp'r
DAoC: Vulg Blakfist
Malal_Bonesinger

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vulg wrote:
Linemen only league? That sounds dreadful!

My thoughts on a linemen only league would be that it would be a unique way to develop some teams and allow for some variety to be injected into other leagues like Clomp at a later date. (until BB:LE comes out)

My opinion on it's development might be different then others and I'll explain. I"ll use a Chaos team as an example as it's pretty straight forward.

[Season 1] - Get your 1 million cash and purchase your team. Your a rookie coach and can only get a piss poor, cheap owner to support your team. You are Only allowed to purchase Beastmen(lineman), RR, Apoth, and Cheerleaders. Season runs it's course. Can spend earning during the season only on those things mentioned above. Season ends, here comes the unique part.

[End of Season 1] - After playoffs, ect...regardless of the finish, this Chaos team is then granted 550k. This money represents a new owner taking interest in the team and giving it a much needed injection of money to allow the coach to flesh the team out. It's 550k because that is what it costs to purchase 4 CW and a Mino.

You have to purchase the new players, but can only fire players to bring your roster below 16 players total.

[Season 2] - Only returning teams allowed to enter. This season runs mostly like a normal season. Spending restrictions are lifted, but can only release someone if your going to replace them.

[End of Season 2] - Team is released to enter any other leagues that they wish.

Lets face it, for most races lineman like Orcs, Chaos, Skaven, etc.. the lineman are the fodder that are their to die while the rest of the teams do all the heavy lifting. I think by end of season two, you'll have some VERY interesting developed teams. An Orc team with lots of skilled lineman and 5 Unskilled BO/Troll will be both a challange to coach as well as a challange to face as Chaos 5 CW/Mino will be just as unskilled. The money/purchase part may need to be tweeked on a race/by race basis, but I'd be very interested in seeing what teams would emerge come the end of season 2.

Blarg

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does mean no dwarf teams though. Razz Not sure what you'd do with a team of blockers heheheheh. Lizards would be rough too, though CAN be done, I have an all skink public team that's actually won more than it's lost. Razz

Dark Elves would rock, too bad I already have two Delf teams. Razz

Nuzzgrund

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So....

Are we done for a while or are we forming another league?

I qouls be game for a lineman league.. I have a skaven linerat team in public, works nice.. well one thrower and the rest linerats.

GAS league?

agility?

Blood Bowl: Coach Nuzz of da Plaguebringaz and some of the other dirty rat teams out there!!!

When someone knocks you down, get back up... if you can't get up... bite his ankles.
Malal_Bonesinger

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nuzzgrund wrote:
So....

Are we done for a while or are we forming another league?

I qouls be game for a lineman league.. I have a skaven linerat team in public, works nice.. well one thrower and the rest linerats.

GAS league?

agility?

I believe that we are definetely going to do SOMETHING

It's just a matter of how many and how big.

I believe that Clomp! will certainly go on for another season. I think the question is will there only be one addtional league or upto three additional leagues, and how large they will be. I'm hoping for at least two additional with hopefully upto 8 coaches in each

Nuzzgrund

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well let's do a GAS league.. I will start up a post for sign ups.

Might be the last GAS league run, and then we can bring in Ogres into the league, or some sucj nonsense.

Fresh teams or veteran teams.. I am open for both.

Let me know.

I vote for another agility league since the lineman league will be overpowered by the DaEs.

Vulg

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clomp! will be starting up again soon. We're just waiting for Azh and Ang to determine this season's champ then we'll get things rolling with the main league. I am, unfortunately, under a ton of pressure at work and at home so I will not be participating beyond the main Clomp! league this time around.

Fey

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vulg wrote:
We're just waiting for Azh and Ang to determine this season's champ

Vulg your orcs will be targeted for slaughter for this sacrilege Very Happy

Vulg

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe, oops.

Anglakhel

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fey wrote:
Vulg wrote:
We're just waiting for Azh and Ang to determine this season's champ

Vulg your orcs will be targeted for slaughter for this sacrilege Very Happy

The Ironstars decided to let Dance of Death play in their place as they were tired of the stench of Greenskin and would rather spend an extra couple of weeks in the Flesh Houses of Naggarond.

Coach:

The Ithrond Ironstars - Clomp!
Karond Kar Cauldronborne - PTBBL Season III Rookie Division Champion and PTBBL Champion. Holder of the Phoenix Crown.
Fey

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be up for another agility Smile

Malal_Bonesinger

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Clomp is going to be starting up soon.

considering the times I'm good for one more league, beyond Clomp. If PTBLL league needs me then I'll play there. If not then I'll run and particiapte in another season of the Agility League.

I can still run the agility league regardless if I put a team into it or not if you all wish....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Other Blood Bowl Leagues All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: