Shadowclan Main Page The Shadowclan Dark Moot

CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   CharactersCharacters   GroupsGroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Tue 18 Sep 2018
Wed 19 Sep 2018
Thu 20 Sep 2018
Fri 21 Sep 2018
Sat 22 Sep 2018
Sun 23 Sep 2018
Ug Klan! Gug iz BAK!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Catskills Skribbulz
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gug'lub

Character Skills: 100.0 Healing, 98.9 Mining, 108.7 Mace Fighting, 100.0 Parry, 100.0 Tactics, 100.0 Hiding, 100.0 Anatomy.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:53 pm    Post subject: Ug Klan! Gug iz BAK! Reply with quote

Ug Ug, Lung tyme nub zee, Shadowklan..

I recently stumbled upon an MMORPG by the name of Mortal Online, and it made me think of all of you. The Dev Team that made the game based it pretty much entirely off Pre T2A Ultima Online. There is a blue, gray, and red flag system, guarded AND unguarded cities for reds, no leveling system, no magic-blessed-uber-tye-dyed artifacts, you must grind your stats and skills up to a maximum of 100 per skill, and 1000 points total, instead of 700. Stat caps are based off racial combinations.. Best of all, you can choose Half Orc as one of the combinations, and then the other two quarters whichever race of human you choose of the 4. There are also 2 elven races, and 2 types of arctic barbarian humanoid race, which you cant combine with Half Orc.

Anyway, the game does cost 15$ a month to play, you get 1 month free with the initial 40$ purchase of the game.. I figured there were so many die hard UO players in Shadowclan, maybe you all would appreciate a second chance at the old UO experience, this time in a true 3D world. It has a long way to go as far as development, but honestly has the most potential I've ever seen in a game. Check into it at MortalOnline.Com and let me know what u all think.. I would love to be able to RP with some of my old SC friends again, and I truly believe this game can be the perfect environment for another epic Shadowclan era. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

RugNuut

Character Skills: Uhrm...Kiggin? Agh...uhrm...Beun shurt?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you can illuminate:

The thing that was keeping me away from it was the permitted unattended macroing, and the use of "Flesh walls".. leaving characters logged in for other guild mates to spar with unattended to rapidly gain skills/stats. Do you know if this has been fixed?

If so, I might check it out.. other than Dwarf Fortress and the occasional run in a player-run UO server, my gaming life has been pretty stagnant. It could use a pick-me-up!

--Rug'Nuut.
Thrak'Ghaash Ug'Kigg'r.

Gug'lub

Character Skills: 100.0 Healing, 98.9 Mining, 108.7 Mace Fighting, 100.0 Parry, 100.0 Tactics, 100.0 Hiding, 100.0 Anatomy.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is really no way to prevent sparring with guildmates afk to gain skills/stats that I can think of.. It happened in UO all the time, and was considered a legit method of grinding as far as I know.. if by Flesh walls you meant griefers blocking doorways to the banks, they made it so you can push people out of your way by holding Block, and clicking the attack button. It doesn't flag you, and effectively moves your target out of your way. Recently, people have been grinding stats by sitting at one tree outside Fabernum and chopping away at it, but today they are implementing depleting nodes, which will stop this from happening.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Catskills Skribbulz All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: