Shadowclan Main Page The Shadowclan Dark Moot

CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   CharactersCharacters   GroupsGroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Wed 12 Dec 2018
Thu 13 Dec 2018
Fri 14 Dec 2018
Sat 15 Dec 2018
Sun 16 Dec 2018
Mon 17 Dec 2018
Clomp! Fast - Week 1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Other Blood Bowl Leagues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blarg

Character Skills: Rambling

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:19 pm    Post subject: Clomp! Fast - Week 1 Reply with quote

Blarg vs Sinnyil
Grazzak vs Reng

(looks like the scheduling is wierd, and that's the matchup for week 2 as well)

Blarg

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sin, I'm available during the day, PST, tomorrow (Sunday) but got Halloween stuff to do at night. I'm free during the day on Monday (can start as late as 4pm PST). Tuesday I can do morning or late night but it's generally a bad day. Wednesday I'm free all day, Thursday as well.
Reng

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grazzak, I am free almost any time. I think I have Halloween stuff tomorrow night, but should be free most of the day before that. Anytime is good for me Monday also.
Sinnyil

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have my niece this week so I'm restricted to nights in general. We pick her up tomorrow, but a time hasn't been set yet. What's the earliest you can start tomorrow Blarg?

Alternatively, are you going to be around tonight? I should be home around 8ish your time Smile

Monday we won't be able to mesh and "late night" PST sounds too late for me, but Thursday we'd definitely be able to meet up at 7 PM PST. Wednesday Barab is going to be in Orlando so I'm going out to meet him, but I could probably catch a match when I get home, around 8:30-9 PST

This will be pretty much the only week all season I'm going to be busy like this, heh.

Blarg

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could do as early as 10am PST tomorrow. I suppose I could do 3am PST or 4am PST, as I'll get home around 2:30am. I usually go to sleep around 6am anyway.

Wednesday at 8:30-9 would be fine, as would anything Thursday.

Sinnyil

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blarg wrote:
I could do as early as 10am PST tomorrow. I suppose I could do 3am PST or 4am PST, as I'll get home around 2:30am. I usually go to sleep around 6am anyway.

Wednesday at 8:30-9 would be fine, as would anything Thuray.

Let's shoot for tomorrow at 1 0am pet; 1 est. If we can't cNt do it, Wednesday at 8: 30 can be the backup

Sorry for the crappy post, I'm drunk and on my iPhone

Blarg

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

10am sounds good, see you when I wake up. Razz
Grazzak

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reng wrote:
Grazzak, I am free almost any time. I think I have Halloween stuff tomorrow night, but should be free most of the day before that. Anytime is good for me Monday also.

How does 2 PM Eastern today sound?

Reng

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grazzak wrote:
Reng wrote:

I had plans I did not know about from 1 till around 3. An hour of watching kids at my daughters house, 15 minutes to go to the store and get a shirt and ink, and another hour and 45 minutes driving around with the wife stopping at stores along the way for no reason other than to look. I will be home from 4 pm and on. Eastern of course. I know this because there is a football game on and I will be at my computer watching it at 4:15pm eastern.

Grazzak

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reng wrote:
Grazzak wrote:
Reng wrote:

I had plans I did not know about from 1 till around 3. An hour of watching kids at my daughters house, 15 minutes to go to the store and get a shirt and ink, and another hour and 45 minutes driving around with the wife stopping at stores along the way for no reason other than to look. I will be home from 4 pm and on. Eastern of course. I know this because there is a football game on and I will be at my computer watching it at 4:15pm eastern.

Ok, I am 1.5 hours ahead of eastern so that is 5:45 my time which is when kids could be coming around to the house. Would tomorrow evening be better? Say 7 PM eastern?

Blarg

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tragedy strikes!

Cemetary Rockstars, fielding an impressive 6 vampire lineup, faced up against the PTBBL Reanimated Undead. In addition to being tossed around like little girls the entire match, Steven Tyler, vampire #6 was torn to pieces beyond any hope of regeneration.

Alas, the 6 vampire lineup was not meant to be, and Clomp! Fast legendary season already has its first death!

Blarg

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also set you all as co-commissioners, so you can validate your own matches when they're done.
Reng

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grazzak wrote:

Ok, I am 1.5 hours ahead of eastern so that is 5:45 my time which is when kids could be coming around to the house. Would tomorrow evening be better? Say 7 PM eastern?

That will work perfectly.

Sinnyil

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Proactive scheduling for week 2: Blarg, we're up again, say Thursday at 8 PM PST?
Reng

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a weird schedule. To sets of back to backs. Like hockey home and home games.
Sinnyil

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I like that aspect personally Smile. Plus it gives Blarg a chance for vengeance right away!
Malal_Bonesinger

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blarg wrote:
Tragedy strikes!

Cemetary Rockstars, fielding an impressive 6 vampire lineup, faced up against the PTBBL Reanimated Undead. In addition to being tossed around like little girls the entire match, Steven Tyler, vampire #6 was torn to pieces beyond any hope of regeneration.

Alas, the 6 vampire lineup was not meant to be, and Clomp! Fast legendary season already has its first death!

Wow. You went with 6 Vamps in a rookie match. I was doing some research in my consideration for the rookie league. Most write-ups on Vamps I saw recommended starting with only two Vamps. Three at most.

Sinnyil

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I told him multiple times that he was insane. 2 rerolls. 6 Vamps. He would have had a much rougher time if he hadn't gotten 4 rerolls over the course of the game from Kickoff events.

Absolutely nutty Very Happy

Blarg

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thursday at 8pm sounds good to me. Razz

In preparation for these leagues, I played a lot of games in public, with several different starting rosters for vampires. 6 vampires is by far the most fun. Hypnotic Gaze is one of those skills that works even better in mass, you can do a lot of really cool stuff with a bunch of vamps on the pitch at once. There's no cage i can't break into. Razz But yes, it also makes the teams performance incredibly random. When they roll well on bloodlust, they are awesome. Not so much when they don't. Razz This particular match was on the extreme side of bad luck with bloodlust, as I got down to only two thralls by the third round. In my public practice, they didn't usually run out that fast, more stuns and less badly injured.

I did however, for the main Clomp! league, go with only 4 vamps. Couldn't bring myself to do less than that.

Reng

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coach Reng returned to the side line sporting a fancy new official Nurgle team.

Coach Grazzak was to be the first victim. During the first turn Coach Rengs rotter took out a flesh golem. The first half was all Nurgle's blessed. They marched down the field like they actually had an idea of what they where doing. Scoring a td.

The second half the Necrotic Neurotics received the ball and Nurgle's little plague bearers blocked the advance of the dead. A werewolf broke free and made a dash for the endzone. With the goal line within site the overgrown dog did not see the hit that came from a pestigor and was knocked out of bounds. The ball was then thrown onto the field and landed on the goal line. Nurgle's unchosen took a breather and underestimated the drive of the Necrotic upstarts. A wright managed to dodge out of certain doom and turned on the juice to extend his mad dash. The putrid Membranes made a dash of there own to stop this wright. Two rotters ran up next to it and the pestigor blitzed only to be knocked down by the wright. The wirght then dodged yet again and picked the ball up for an easy score.

Them dead are very nimble to be nothing but bones. They will not be so lucky next time.

Final score: 1-1

Was a fun game.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Other Blood Bowl Leagues All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: