Shadowclan Main Page The Shadowclan Dark Moot

CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   CharactersCharacters   GroupsGroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Sun 22 Apr 2018
Mon 23 Apr 2018
Tue 24 Apr 2018
Wed 25 Apr 2018
Thu 26 Apr 2018
Fri 27 Apr 2018
Hey

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Siege Perilous Skribbulz
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mahk'Chak

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:03 pm    Post subject: Hey Reply with quote

Wow, so somehow I stumbled upon this forum and to my disbelief my old name was still registered on this message board. Anyone out there that remembers me? Just wanted to check in.
Gorgok

Character Skills: ----- Gorgok: Sneeki Wompr, Gurguk: Sneeki Kiggr, Ojomrog: Teefn Mojo, Budrog: Drumdum

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure i remember you.

Mahk'Chak

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well hey Gorgok I remember you too! LONG time ago, must have been what like 7 years ago? Pretty sure you were a Hukor right?
Gorgok

Character Skills: ----- Gorgok: Sneeki Wompr, Gurguk: Sneeki Kiggr, Ojomrog: Teefn Mojo, Budrog: Drumdum

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It had to be more than 7 years i think, though i can't really remember when i started or stopped playing UO. But yeah, i wore green and black (most of the time).

I do miss the days when i could lead orcs around Vesper GY (way better than the later Brit GY) with a heavy x-bow and shoot/kill the runtees who failed to hide fast enough. Not sure if that was before your time though. This had to be like 11 years ago i believe, i know i was only around 16 when i was Warboss.

Xulgag

Character Skills: Mojo thrower

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember the both of you !!!

Gork

Character Skills: Chop'n

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dido

Crag

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey buddy! Of course I remember you. You and Kyyg pressed me into Kyn'tahj, had lots of fun. About Kyn'tahj, Shadowclan has a wiki and I did the editing to wiki myself for the tribe. Give it a proof reading if you'd like, better yet help edit it!

http://www.skribbulz.com/shadowclan_wiki/index.php?title=Kyn%27tahj

Nice to hear from you, how have you been? I know you went off to college way back when, that's the last I remember of you.

Mahk'Chak

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome haha! So funny to see some of the old RP guys that I used to hang with almost a decade ago! Gorgok, I do remember you being warboss actually. Man I miss some of those big raids we had. I've gone though probably 4 computers since UO and I no longer have any of my old screen shots... I think I was about the same age... probably 16 or so when I was playing UO! (I'm 27 now).

Crag! We were great buddies back in the day and I can't believe you remember Kyyg! Haha we founded Kyn'Tahj together and he quit like a week later so I had to take over. I can remember you being one of our first recruits. You and Zorc seem to stick out in my mind...

I'll definately look over that wiki and let you know... What are you guys up to now days? I don't really play computer games anymore but maybe I will if we can get a reunion together (even if the last thing I need now in my life is a MMO). I hear LOTRO is free now?

I did quit UO when I went off to college. I graduated and gradually moved from sales into finance. I'm currently working as a banker for a large midwestern bank. Had the same girlfriend for about 3 years now and may be married in the next year or so (AAAAHHHHH) How about you? How old are you now and what are you up to?

Last edited by Mahk'Chak on Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mahk'Chak

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I'm reading over our Wiki and the first thing you did wrong was call me Mahk'Check! What the hell! Spell my illistrious name correctly! Smile

I like your story about our tribe name. For your own knowledge the name actually comes from "Kin" short for "Kinship". Kyyg and I changed this to "Kyn" to sound more orcish. "Tahj" actually came from I had just done a project in high school on the "Taj'Mahal" and long story short if you do not know it, the king built it as a tomb for his beloved wife. I had no idea what "Taj" meant but it was used in our name to imply closeness or our tight knit nature. So the loose translation of our name was "Brotherly Love" or "Brotherly Closeness", whatever you like Smile The point was all of us were to be linked closely together, to the wargod, and to the animal spririts.

Leadership in the tribe was actually a 3 orc council of "Guas" or Lords. There was a land gua (Ugz Gua?) mountain gua (Albin Gua?) and maybe an air gua? Sorry can't remember what the 3rd one was. I held the Ugz Gua position, Kyyg was the Albin, and at one time I believe the air gua was Zorc? (Or maybe it was YOU!)

The guas were ideally responsible for leading all promotion ceremonies but that didn't always happen. You wrote on the wiki that Kyyg never proceeded past bear spirit. This is only partly true...Guas, as lords, were esentially "all knowing" and they chose what spirit they would represent. Once a gua had chosen his spirit, he could not change, this is why Kyyg, myself, and the other gua never "progressed".

That is all I see for now it is late and I need to get to bed...

Gorgok

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny i never even knew that much about all you red booters...

Mahk'Chak

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hah, well funny thing is Kyyg and I never told anyone so this is the first time other people have known the origin of the tribe name! A decade secret in the waiting, don't you feel special lol.
Crag

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll see if I can make the appropriate changes to the Wiki page.

I joined the Navy did some work then got out and pursued becoming a Fireman as I was already EMT qualified from the Navy. But not more then six months after getting out a friend from the Navy, who has been out for a while, called and asked me if I wanted to join the company he works for and train soldiers in South Sudan. I would have been stupid to pass it up, so here I am in South Sudan at the moment waiting to see how this referendum turns out before we can train again. It is all pretty exciting.

Check your PM !

Ri

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crag wrote:
I'll see if I can make the appropriate changes to the Wiki page.

I joined the Navy did some work then got out and pursued becoming a Fireman as I was already EMT qualified from the Navy. But not more then six months after getting out a friend from the Navy, who has been out for a while, called and asked me if I wanted to join the company he works for and train soldiers in South Sudan. I would have been stupid to pass it up, so here I am in South Sudan at the moment waiting to see how this referendum turns out before we can train again. It is all pretty exciting.

Check your PM !

What exactly does this entail? You're training soldiers?

Sorry if I'm butting in, but I'm just curious.

Gorgok

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Step 1: Point the end that goes flash and boom towards the 'bad' guys
Step 2: Squeeze this thingy.
Step 3: Repeat 1 and 2 until you run out of targets or booms.
Step 4a: If you run out of targets, shoot into the air in victory dance.
Step 4b: If you run out of booms, prepare to run.
Step 5: Run faster than the slowest of your group.

... something like that i would guess.

Crag

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not going to post a PowerPoint of what it entails exactly, but it is really basic stuff. You have to consider this is an army that has been fighting a guerrilla war for 50 or so years, so my objective is to teach them the basics.

Think of US basic training but dumb it down even more. For instance, if I can teach 200 soldiers how to properly apply a tourniquet using a stick and a gun harness, that alone is a significant improvement, and it would only take a day. But to explain the pathophysiology would take a few weeks, and take into account most of these guys have no idea what the functions of blood is, meanwhile I have to trust what the interpreter is saying is verbatim. But basic things like swimming, hand to hand combat, simple first aid and tactics... It is all leaps and bounds to what they have leaned so far. You have to start somewhere, and this is it.

Basically what Gor said but without the bullets, and with debriefs and lessons learned. It is very structured.

WaChup

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a very stable region currently. Seems like you prepare them for a civil war against the North.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Siege Perilous Skribbulz All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: