Shadowclan Main Page The Shadowclan Dark Moot

CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   CharactersCharacters   GroupsGroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Wed 17 Oct 2018
Thu 18 Oct 2018
Fri 19 Oct 2018
Sat 20 Oct 2018
Sun 21 Oct 2018
Mon 22 Oct 2018
The Path of A Hunter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Ravenholdt Skribbulz
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Verokk

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:01 am    Post subject: The Path of A Hunter Reply with quote

Verokk's family was always slightly more tolerant of the other races of the Horde than most Orcs. They weren't peace loving or diplomatic, just tolerant, and they had to be when their social status was so low. Their social status, however, made them jump at a chance to house a low ranking ambassador from Silvermoon when all of the Inns in Orgrimmar were full. Verokk was never quite sure how his father managed to get such a prestigious honor as housing an ambassador, but it would be an event that dramatically changed the course of his life forever.

The day had come and the Ambassador had arrived at Verokk's home. His father understood how important it was to treat the Ambassador with the utmost respect so he had the whole family line up at the door to greet the him. Verokk stood at the door and saw the neatly and well-trimmed Blood Elf walk into the small family's small hut with a look of disgust. "What is with this strange elf," thought Verokk. "He's so soft and frail looking, nothing like the great Orcish warriors. Why would anyone let them join the Horde?" Verokk held his tongue full of disapproval, but he felt like the elf had no right to even be in his home. Despite all of this Verokk's father greeted the elf with a hearty welcome and had his wife begin to prepare a meal. Once the meal was served Verokk, his father, mother, and the Sin'dorei Ambassador all sat down to a hearty bowl of Pork's foot soup, one of Verokk's favorites. The family began to chow down but the Ambassador sat there, looking at the food in front of him. "What's wrong," said Verokk's father, "not hungry?" "Well... no I'm not," said the elf hesitantly. So far Verokk had felt invaded by the ungrateful, weakling elf.

For the next few weeks the Ambassador would go off to meetings in the morning and return to Verokk's house to eat nothing but a Banana from Stranglethorn, turning his nose up at anything the Orcish family would serve. Finally Verokk, full of childish naivity and lacking in respect asked "Why are you so fussy Elf? I'd bet someone weak like you wants to join the Horde for protection." Not knowing just how true some of his words were about the elves at the time, Verokk would have deeply insulted any other Blood Elf. Verokk's father stared at his son, jaw dropped. "Son," he boomed, "come with me." As Verokk was being dragged out of the room by his father he look back at the Elf. Strangely enough though, instead of look back him with contempt, the Elf looked at him with curiosity and wonder.

As Verokk's father dragged him back into the room to apologize and stood him up in front of the Elf. "I'm s-sorry," quivered young Verokk. The Elf, instead of accepting the apology turned and spoke to Verokk's father. "Maybe I should spend a day with your son. My job after all is to convince the Orcish people of the plight of the Sin'dorei." Verokk's father couldn't have refused even if he so desired. He agreed to the ambassador's proposal.

Another week had passed and Verokk was beginning to wonder when this pointy-eared invader would leave, and when this proposed "day with the elf" would begin. He had no idea that day would be tomorrow. Verokk awoke to his father shouting at him to wake up and quit being lazy. Verokk had trouble complying but he pulled himself from his hammock only to see an Elf staring him down from the corner of the hut with a large hunting bag an a bow and quiver. "Get up," the Elf said, "we have a long walk out to the hunting spot I was recommended." Verokk got ready for the trip as slowly as he could. The idea of hunting was excruciating to Verokk, especially with that Elf. He wanted to grow up to be a warrior not a hunter.

The Elf guided Verokk out to the hunting spot, and Verokk lingered behind him, saying nothing. "I know you don't like me, Verokk," said the Elf. "Most of your kind doesn't. Your Warchief however, has done a good job of helping my kind convince yours otherwise." Verokk walked coldly. "You think I'm weak. You think my people are weak. We aren't, we're just in a dire situation however." Verokk took a look at the Elf again. He is weak, Verokk knew it. "I want you to have this," "You can't buy me over. I have pride," interjected Verokk. The Elf reached into his pack anyways. He pulled out a small, glowing, bright blue ball. Verokk turned his head to look at it and suddenly it uncoiled into a small levitating snakelike creature. "It's a manawyrm. They're native to where I'm from." The wyrm floated over to Verokk, but he attempted to ignore it as he continued the walk.

"We're here!" Said the Elf delightedly. "So what do you think is stronger, the Hunter, or the Warrior?" asked the Ambassador. "A warrior obviously," said Verokk. "Maybe," said the Elf, "but consider this. A warrior gains his strength from his body. A hunter gains his strength from his wits, and his skill. You have to be born strong to be a warrior, but if you are dedicated, have the discipline to train yourself in shooting, and learn to build strong traps anyone can be a strong hunter. A hunter is perhaps one of the strongest forces in the world. Much more so than a warrior." Verokk had never considered anything like what the Elven Ambassador had said before. He all of a sudden began to understand the Elves plight just a bit more. "We elves aren't a very populous people, Verokk. Though many of us are hunters by nature there simply were not enough of us to hold out against an army of infinite size. We held out for longer than many others in the war we fought, but in the end nobody can stop a wave from crashing. Does that make sense to you?" Verokk nodded his head. He wasn't sure what the Elf was talking about with holding out against an infinite army, but he wanted to learn more about hunters so he wanted to please him. "Watch that boar out in the distance." said the Elf. The Elf tightened his bow and with its release the boar was struck to the ground. Verokk stared at the Elf and the boar. The ability to do that from so far away must have taken incredible skill. Verokk reached into his sack and found the manawyrmling tucked up into a ball in it. He would remember it forever. A gift from the Elf who sent him down the path of a hunter.

Kimaru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buhosh skribulz! Me bub tu shur bowt dat albai tho.

Zagdaka da dedkan
Verokk

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me nub tu shur ulzo. Diz iz ma ash scribulz.
Kr'Pog
Fishi
Fishi

Character Skills: Watchin'ya from the depths of sea

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent story. You really have a talent for that!

*bloop*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Ravenholdt Skribbulz All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: