Shadowclan Main Page The Shadowclan Dark Moot

CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   CharactersCharacters   GroupsGroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Mon 12 Nov 2018
Tue 13 Nov 2018
Wed 14 Nov 2018
Thu 15 Nov 2018
Fri 16 Nov 2018
Sat 17 Nov 2018
BIOS updates?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Computers etc.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Khasha'an

Character Skills: Ghaka'ka fir'khanim

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:27 am    Post subject: BIOS updates? Reply with quote

So I've been told different things by different people. Some say update it, others say if it isn't acting up, don't touch a thing. Since the computer is running I'm guessing there are no incompatibility issues with the cpu or anything, but then again I don't know much about this stuff so I am asking here.

Because the one I have (ASUS p8z77-v LK) is working just fine right now out of the box, but I see 9 things listed on their website as updates
http://support.asus.com/cpusupport/cpusupport.aspx?SLanguage=en-us

I am not sure if it's necessary, or if it is more dangerous to do this than to not do it. Also the ASUS website really doesn't give much info on each update, nor does it give any instructions how to do it (the .pdf included in one of the DLs - I checked one to see - are just lists of file names and no instructions).

WaChup

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it is not broken, don't fix it.

If it is working stable for you I would not touch it.

Khasha'an

Character Skills: Ghaka'ka fir'khanim

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok.

Girmluhk

Character Skills: Loud Mouth, Goofball, Cooking

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yup, what he said. unless you run into an issue that the new bios would fix, there is no reason to update.

Gorgok

Character Skills: ----- Gorgok: Sneeki Wompr, Gurguk: Sneeki Kiggr, Ojomrog: Teefn Mojo, Budrog: Drumdum

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the other hand updating it is pretty simple these days, at least with Asus stuff. They got a little tool that holds your hand through it and even if it were to fail for say a power outage, the Asus boards i have used have a backup bios that would let you boot up anyway. (You are erasing the bios, then putting a new one on it; if this process fails after erase, without a backup, it could be a brick.)

But yeah, i wouldn't update unless you see an update that helps you in some way.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Computers etc. All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: