Shadowclan Main Page The Shadowclan Dark Moot

CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   CharactersCharacters   GroupsGroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Mon 11 Dec 2017
Tue 12 Dec 2017
Wed 13 Dec 2017
Thu 14 Dec 2017
Fri 15 Dec 2017
Sat 16 Dec 2017
Pathfinder Online

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Future Branch Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Igbug

Character Skills: chop, slash, urt, klomp

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Pathfinder Online Reply with quote

It made its Kickstarter goal. Put out by Goblinworks, I am betting that it will have Orcs and Goblins as playable. Sandbox MMO.
Hin

Character Skills: Pie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alert! Alert! Prime link directive breach. User failed to supply link to teaser post. Termination imminent.
Fey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sweet, had no idea

https://goblinworks.com/

it was over months ago tho, too bad I was gonna kick some money their way Smile http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1675907842/pathfinder-online-technology-demo

Gabriel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This might turn out to be pretty good.

Quote:
Dear Gabriel,

My name is Ryan Dancey. I'm the CEO of Goblinworks, the company that's making the Pathfinder Online MMO. Lisa asked if I could write a few words about the game for this email update and I was happy to oblige.

As you may know, my background goes deep in tabletop RPG gaming. I worked with Lisa at Wizards of the Coast on the 3rd Edition of Dungeons & Dragons, and I was responsible for creating the Open Gaming License which enabled Paizo to create the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game.

What you may not know is that after I left Wizards of the Coast, I had a chance to move into the MMO business. I worked at CCP Games from 2007 to 2010 as their Chief Marketing Officer. CCP developed and publishes EVE Online, the most successful "sandbox" style MMO, and is working on DUST514, a first-person shooter set in the EVE universe, and World of Darkness, the MMO based on the White Wolf game world featured in Vampire: The Masquerade.

After I left CCP I made a beeline to talk to Lisa about Pathfinder. I think it's an ideal property to use as the foundation of a virtual world. After about a year of detailed discussion with Lisa and the Pathfinder creative team, we formed Goblinworks to make that dream a reality.

We're setting Pathfinder Online in the River Kingdoms. In a lot of ways, the game draws inspiration from the Kingmaker Adventure Path. We're aiming at a power level similar to that featured in the early Kingmaker Adventure Path releases—approximately the power of characters between 5th and 12th level in the tabletop RPG.

You'll have the experience of entering a land that is mostly wilderness, with a few scattered areas of civilization, and a vast territory dotted with the settlements of pioneers. You'll find all sorts of adventure waiting for you in the game, including marauding bands of monstrous humanoids, mysterious ruins, and dark caverns in the earth.

This world is based almost entirely on the actions of the players. Almost every item in the game will be crafted by player characters, made from resources harvested and processed by player characters.

The game will be incredibly persistent. When you make a building, that building will remain in the world for all to see until the day it is destroyed. Players will be able to found outposts in the wilderness, add to and improve them over time as they grow into settlements, and eventually take control of the territory around those settlements.

Some characters will be classic adventuring heroes, seeking fame and fortune as they explore the world. Others will be known as master artisans, others will become titans of industry, and still others will become diplomats and spies, playing the game of thrones between settlements as they grow into kingdoms. Some characters will be highwaymen and robbers. Some will be soldiers, either committed to a settlement or as mercenaries! The possibilities for characters in Pathfinder Online are tremendous!

We're running a Kickstarter to increase the funding available to Goblinworks for the game. If you back the Kickstarter at the $35 Adventurer level you'll reserve your copy of the game at a sizable discount to the expected suggested retail price. If you back the Kickstarter at the $100 Crowdforger Pioneer level, you'll be able to participate in Early Enrollment, and have a real and lasting impact on the way the game is designed—a process we call Crowdforging.

You can find all sorts of information about the project on the Kickstarter page, or by reading the Development Blogs we publish every other week at on the Goblinworks blog.

I'll also invite you to join the conversation between the developers and the community on the messageboards.

Thanks to Lisa and all the crew at Paizo for giving us this opportunity! Have a happy and festive holiday, and my best wishes for a Happy New Year!

Ryan Dancey
CEO, Goblinworks

Jhen Kry'Jhalalar

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, the Kickstarter for the MMO itself, not the tech demo, just got fully funded 8 hours ago (on 15jan13).

Here is a link to that page:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1675907842/pathfinder-online-a-fantasy-sandbox-mmo

Rakgru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very exciting to see them embrace so much of what I thought was good about EVE.

Don't mess up my enjoyment of Friday this week by pointing out that it's only Wednesday
Gabriel

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Including the offline training mechanic. (Backers who bought into the kickstarter at $35 or more will be able to have two characters training up at the same time.)

Jhen Kry'Jhalalar

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 5:01 pm    Post subject: Pathfinder Online: Guild Land Rush for Alpha Reply with quote

The guild land rush for Alpha is happening now.

This game does seem to align with Shadowclan's intelligent enemies approach. I'm kinda bummed that its not getting more traction on the forums.

Jhen Kry'Jhalalar

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also Half-Orc is a playable race. Smile
Gabriel

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like they've put a lot of though into supporting banditry. You can build a thief's hideout which will interdict fast travel within a radius, set Outlaw flags which will allow you to rob without reputation penalties, and issue Stand And Deliver demands to merchant caravans which allow hummies to pay tribute, or allow you to kill them freely if rejected!

Buurzlug

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gabriel wrote:
It looks like they've put a lot of though into supporting banditry. You can build a thief's hideout which will interdict fast travel within a radius, set Outlaw flags which will allow you to rob without reputation penalties, and issue Stand And Deliver demands to merchant caravans which allow hummies to pay tribute, or allow you to kill them freely if rejected!

Wow that sounds kind of tailor made for us!

Ri

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jhen Kry'Jhalalar wrote:
Also Half-Orc is a playable race. :)

I wouldn't mind playing as one of these...

Hobs

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Shadowclan! This is the player of Dove the Healer of Yew and Giddeon Night from Pre-Trammel Catskills UO. I recently found you all again after years away from UO on Catskills. It was for PFO that I was looking you up. I have been tracking PFO for over a year now - participating on the Paizo forums, pledged in the Kickstarter, and have been working with Pax Gaming's two settlements in the Land Rush for many months now to create the Empire of Xeilias (currently housing the settlements of Lawful Neutral Callambea and Lawful Evil Golgotha).

Having experienced the fun that was UO, this is the first open world, PvP based sandbox that has really piqued my interest in the last decade.

In that the Xeilian Empire itself is Lawful Neutral (possibly turning Lawful Evil soon), I am attempting to gather together as many of the old Catskills baddies as possible...groups that know the value and fun of PvP in making a game truly dynamic. I tracked down the old KaS (Knights of Arcane Steel) group and I'm following leads to find the old United Pirates like Hawkeye Pike and Hook as well. I would love to find existing members of the Undead from Necropolis and old Crimson Alliance members. The one thing missing thus far in the player base of PFO is a strong Evil presence - not griefers - but PvPers/RPers who know how to play evil the way it should be played - with experience, pragmatic choices, and a competitive hunger.

If I can be of any help pointing your members in the right direction to learn any of the aspects of the game you have an interest in learning about, please feel free to ask. I have posted quite a number of articles, links, etc., on the KaS's present website (they are still rambling around in WoW) and would be happy to do the same for your members to help bring them up to speed. The Land Rush, where Earl Enrollment players can vote for guilds to win the map placement of their choice for the establishment of their player-run settlements, is already up and running.

Gabriel

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Early Enrollment" starts Sept 15. You can now buy in for 2nd month access (Oct 15) for $50 which includes one month game time. (A lot cheaper than Archeage access!)

The landrush is over. 2 Evil settlements and 2 Chaotic Neutral settlements won places on the starting map, so there will definitely be opportunities for non-paladinish play.

I'm hooked up with Pax Golgotha, the Lawful Evil town and the largest of the non-goods, and am trying to drum up interest in an orcish gang of "protection" racketeers.

This is really looking like a great sandbox. If you're a great big guild, you can run a settlement. If you're a smaller guild,you find a settlement that suits you, and then run an outpost of your own within their territory. Think "EVE with swords and less asshattery" and you'll be pretty close.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Future Branch Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: