Shadowclan Main Page The Shadowclan Dark Moot

CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   CharactersCharacters   GroupsGroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Wed 22 Nov 2017
Thu 23 Nov 2017
Fri 24 Nov 2017
Sat 25 Nov 2017
Sun 26 Nov 2017
Mon 27 Nov 2017
Tree of Life

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Future Branch Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nugug

Character Skills: biology, 200 alcohol tolerance

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 11:39 am    Post subject: Tree of Life Reply with quote

Has anyone played this yet? It just popped up as an early release (b2p) on steam for about $20. Mix of survival/rpg/crafting in a sandbox setting. I haven't played it yet but it looks like a lot of interesting stuff has already been implemented. Prolly going to pick it up and check it out!
Zul'rah

Character Skills: Kitty CloMper!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just saw that aswell. Haven't played it yet either, but it looks interesting.
ToL - Main site
ToL - Steam

Nugug

Character Skills: biology, 200 alcohol tolerance

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: So I bought the game after I posted

You start on the shore with a broken down ship with nothing but some tattered clothes, matches and a bandage. Location is determined by the ship you were "sailing".

I spawned on a tiny island to the west, killed a few crabs and punched down a couple trees. By nightfall I had a torch to keep me warm and avoid nighttime critters.

Halfway through the night some other castaways attacked me and I ran off, alone licking my wounds.

By day I ran into a sprawling refugee camp; some buildings in ruins from skeletons and zombies that manifest at night and from other players preying on others forced to camp out on the outskirts of the more protected core that had been built by Bobthebuilder, founder of the Refugees.

For two days I went out by day and chopped trees with my increasingly hardened fists and helped gather materials to build a wooden wall to protect the city.

By the second day we had a fully enclosed city minus guild gates because iron was scarce in my region and no one had ventured to the great desert to the east.

By day three a small faction of us realized the daunting task of keeping the sprawlling refugee camping together (besides refugees kept raiding my bulls and chickens for leather and eggs) so we took off to a nearby mountain range to begin construction on our own small, orderly settlement.

This is how the Wolves came about. //

Tl;dr The game is fun! Definitely worth the $20

Infinitesimal

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was actually just looking up information about this. It seems fun, but some of the reviews have me wondering if it's in a long term play state currently.

There's no defenses other than the players in the city, wouldn't that result in city destruction over night by other players? At least that's what some reviews pointed out.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Future Branch Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: