Shadowclan Main Page The Shadowclan Dark Moot

CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   CharactersCharacters   GroupsGroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Mon 20 Nov 2017
Tue 21 Nov 2017
Wed 22 Nov 2017
Thu 23 Nov 2017
Fri 24 Nov 2017
Sat 25 Nov 2017
Linkrealms
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Future Branch Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Velgamog

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Save up 13k (not too difficult), buy a claim stake from the banker NPC and claim a spot of land near the fort

Gromalok

Character Skills: Rok kuttin', Rok SMASHIN', Stitchen, Mixur, Weedpikur, agh Skribblur

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The next challenge is to find someone in the clan to invite me in.

Wumanok

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:52 pm    Post subject: New recruit l Reply with quote

Looking for Invite. Love this game.
Velgamog

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im on most days - usually training at the bandit camp or at the fort

Lugnakh

Character Skills: Sleepin...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So having puttered around a bit...

Movement is slow and a bit clunky at times.

User interface is also clunky. Like old UO bags but seems harder to organize for some reason. Desperately needs something like Razor lol.

Combat, at least at the low level I am at, seems very dull. Click on target and stand next to it. Can't even dance from what I can tell. Spiritualism thingy lets me summon a very temporary critter to help fight, but it will only attack your current target from what I see. Not possible to send it to fight one mob while you fight another.

No collision. Huge negative. Makes combat even less interesting.

The "areas" are pretty small from what I've seen. Hard to imagine something like the Keep battles going on here.

Typical "kill 10 rats" and Fedex quest system. Nothing new to see here.

Character creation screen was borked, and very small on my laptop monitor.

What was the name of that game a while back that had little square areas like this one, where you could buy an area and decorate it to your liking? This feels very similar.

Not hating it, and will probably poke around in it some more, but it isn't causing me to run out shouting into the streets yet. Which is good cause the nearest street is several miles away.

Lugnakh

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lugnakh wrote:
What was the name of that game a while back that had little square areas like this one, where you could buy an area and decorate it to your liking? This feels very similar.

So I went back through the forums here... and the name of the game I was thinking of is... dun Dun DUN! Linkrealms. Which I was apparently playing a test version of back in 2009.

Lug iz gedding old agh luzin brane.

Velgamog

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree....there is a lot to be desired in LR. But this is how Im looking at it. First, its still in Beta - the devs are listening to people and trying to make the game better. 2nd - there is an awful lot to love about LR. Land ownership, open world PvP, full corpse looting.... its got everything we loved about UO, and even looks the part.

Fighting is very similar to UO, if a little more fun and in depth. With better spirituality skill your spawns become more powerful and remain longer, which is cool.

Ajar Deathstrike

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I havent gotten too deep into it yet, but is there even armor/weaponsmithing?

Also, my one gripe about the engine is the zoning. Was hoping for a seamless open world.

Ajar Deathstrike - Ancient One- Undead 1998-2003
Gung'zog - Throquat Uzg Kigg'r - ~2000
Darix Darkbane - Bone Warrior - Undead '98

UOSA 2013

UO An Corp 2015
Gung'Zog - Shadowclan
Ajar Deathstrike
Velgamog

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think there is blacksmithing, which seems odd for a sandbox mmo. But I mainly want to dungeon crawl and build an intense PvP zone (the fort) to defend, and both can be done here.

The size of the zones are a little off-putting, but load time between them is very short. I was expecting to see multiple player houses within each zone, when actually players own the entire zone and can build whatever they want on it. The realm editor options are a bit wonky. I fiddle around with it a little each day, and already have the fort looking pretty cool, I think.

K'Dahbruh
Old Admin
Old Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do we have clanmembers regularly seeing each other? Hanging around the fort?
Lugnakh

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't made it to the fort yet, was working on raising enough $$ to buy a plot of land nearby as suggested. Haven't been on the past two evenings due to real life stuff. Might be in there this evening some.

Velgamog

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only 2 members in the clan right now, so there is not a lot of interaction. Also, apparently guild members cannot access the fort bank box yet, though this will be implemented at some point.

Znick

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi... obviously my 1st post here... I remember you guys from UO and am looking for a new game after 2 years of Archeage. I have a cpl questions about LR.

Do you feel the game has a long shelf life and will be popular enough to have enough ppl playing?

Why play this instead of UO or a new UO public server? From what I see it's almost a carbon copy with less features. Razz

Z

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Future Branch Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: