Shadowclan Main Page The Shadowclan Dark Moot

CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   CharactersCharacters   GroupsGroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Wed 22 Mar 2017
Thu 23 Mar 2017
Fri 24 Mar 2017
Sat 25 Mar 2017
Sun 26 Mar 2017
Mon 27 Mar 2017
What is your most memorable moment in Catskills Shadowclan?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Catskills Skribbulz
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ka'Cal

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, you guys are still around? Wild man.

Well I'll be damned if I let Gu'Clomp get the last post, especially since my favorite memory of castkills is kicking Gu's arse ALL DAY LONG. Har!

It was actually the perfect fight, no one was afraid of Ka'Cal, everyone was afraid of Gu'Clomp and we both only had about 40 HP's between us. I also knew where all of his gate stones went, so he couldn't really get away unless he gated to Buc's den or something.

I remember goofing off with Kar'Grula back when we were gruntees, I also remember being totally jealous when she got blooded into a tribe hours before I did. Her husband was also a stand up guy, it always cracked him up how much I disliked his baby orc character. What was that characters name? Who cares, Ka'Cal still nailed him. Caw!

I remember always bailing on any fight against GGG, that orc was huge man.

I remember back when I was a gruntee Warboss Digdug had a prepatch crossbow that could kill a gruntee in one shot. I think that thing shot lightning or death or something, not sure though.

I can't even remember his original characters name but K'Dah'bruh was always fun guy to play with. He was also constantly nit picking my spelling and grammar, I was just a kid man! As a bonus, he looks like a viking IRL.

T'berog and I once came up with an elaborate plan to allow orcs to use more than one weapon. Everything was going according to plan until the nob council somehow turned our system against us and locked everyone into using one weapon forever. That's how the bloodlines were born.

I remember Kar'Grula's big ceremony where she was blooded into the howlers. Later that night some Biter pointed at Ka'Cal and said something to the effect of "that ones good enough", Hoowah BiterZ!

And while were on the subject of the Biters, what a great tribe. All the other tribes were religious nut jobs, or wolf freaks. Not us, misfits, outcasts, and bullies down to the last one. Now THAT was a orc tribe! Here gruntee, drink this jug of cider. Your in!

Banguu was also fun, the human tribal guy. Obviously that character wasn't in the guild (although he did have characters in the guild) but of all of the weird satellite RPers we picked up he was my favorite, way better than the undead. Seriously, how does a whole guild get a crush on another guild?

I remember when the old website said feorc characters where just there to get pinched and slapped on the arse. Har, that went away.

Man I've got a ton of memories from back then, unfortunately we all ran around with such ridiculous names its hard to remember what everyone was called.

Ah well, nice to see you guys are still doing well. Catch you on the flip side.

Caw!

TrugOlig

Character Skills: Archery

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else getting that painful, boundlessly growing pessimism that there will never be a game that lives up to what we had with Shadowclan on Catskills? Sad

Catskills
----------
Trug'Olig - Throquat Blud Ligz'r
Burz'Abhu - Hed'Bitur Wa'Kigg'r
Tharb'Shau - Howler Ug'Womp'r
Gijak - Tribeless Wa'Kult'r
Ug'skr

Character Skills: Smash!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, dont remind me Trug...

Nek'raka- Throquat Wa'Ligz-r Catskills- MIA
Shak'rak - Last Blood Mojoka of Catskills- Deceased
Ug'skr- Sneeki'Maurk- Prahkug'Buurzum
Skrug - Womp'n Gruntee - An Corp
Tor'Kak1

Character Skills: Su meni me furgawd dem.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. The Golden years of MMO gaming, and of Shadowclan, are beginning to dim.

I will settle for LOTRO for now, watch AoC and see if they can get it right.

Ug'skr

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone else find it funny that the 'golden years' of mmo's were actually just the first real mmo, and the rest have sucked?

Blok

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thing is, back thgen, it was new. Now, it isn't so whenever a new game comes out, we expect it to give us that same new feeling and when it doesn't we whine.

Add in the fact that the game companes now know how to cater to the masses and no, it is no wonder that the best days of mmorpgs were in the begginning.

Ug'skr

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

true enough.

i just miss it, that's all.
they were really awesome times.

Blok

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, they were.

Oh, and Ka'cal sux, he never beat Ruggie one on one.

TrugOlig

Character Skills: Archery

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, unfortunately Shadowclan hasn't done nearly as well on any of the recent MMOs, which is no surprise given how level based they are. Unfortunately, all the current non-level based MMORPGs don't have much opportunity for community. If Shadowbane had been a bit different, it would've been perfect. I'm currently crossing my fingers for WAR, but I don't have high hopes. Confused

Catskills
----------
Trug'Olig - Throquat Blud Ligz'r
Burz'Abhu - Hed'Bitur Wa'Kigg'r
Tharb'Shau - Howler Ug'Womp'r
Gijak - Tribeless Wa'Kult'r
Tor'Kak1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrugOlig wrote:
I'm currently crossing my fingers for WAR, but I don't have high hopes. Confused

Aye, that one and Age of Conan. (Tavern brawls!)

Grug'tar

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bah! Ka'Cal was a panzy I say! Although, not as much of a panzy as Ulric Alure! We all know that Alabaster was the better brother!

Grunt Warrior, Bleeding Hollow WOW
Gahklusks Family, Battlemaster
Mental Patient, Urban Dead
Pilot in Stasis, EVE
Ur'Buurzghuul

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say, that this certainly brought back some very nostalgic memories. I miss so many of my old friends from Shadowclan. I won't ever forget the experiences or the lessons I learned just from meeting with and talking to other people.

As for most memorable moments.. Probably being one of the youngest nobs IRL ever (I was only 16 at the time I was the Bluud'Womp'R and Bloodmoon nob) I posted a couple a few years ago, but there are too many to count. Too many that I've read and laughed about and said "I remember that!" .. Especially to Rug'nuut. Anyone know any way what-so-ever to get in touch with him?

I'm now 21, been in the Marine Corps for almost 3.5 years now, and soon deploying to Iraq for round two. I wouldn't be who I am today if it weren't for my friends and mentors and believe it or not something as silly as a video game had an impact. Where else can you meet on an equal playing field with hundreds of other people on such a regular basis?

I miss it, though. Dearly. I play WoW, now, and my dad (Ur'Glutz) does as well, we're on Suramar server if anyone goes looking (My main is Nephillim, and go figure he's still UrGlutz). If anyone wants it, my email is smith.kale@gmail.com .. I'd love to hear from y'all again.

Dabou

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I blame Ur for looking me up in WoW to bring me back checking on you guys here. See below for my favorite catskills moments....

Old School Howler Sniffin

The Mighty Da'bou's Warboss Cycle, Proud History of Ultima Online Catskills

I miss you guys. Nothing can ever compete to what we had (game wise). But, there is still the future and crazy enough, some of us still check this forum.

Find me at World of Warcraft:
Emerald Dream - Alliance
Sisto - 70 Mage
Kahlan - 70 Priest
Banicus - 70 Warrior
Gan'Tungi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You kids are missing out. Head on over to the Angel Island forums. We had a very lively branch there with orcs from many generations returning to play but it died. We're fighting back from the grave now with a few orcs on every day. Come on you mangy louts, get on Angel Island and relive the glory days. Unbridled Shadowclan conquest of the puny humans which inhabit our land.

Tor'Kak1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gan'Tungi wrote:
You kids are missing out. Head on over to the Angel Island forums. We had a very lively branch there with orcs from many generations returning to play but it died. We're fighting back from the grave now with a few orcs on every day. Come on you mangy louts, get on Angel Island and relive the glory days. Unbridled Shadowclan conquest of the puny humans which inhabit our land.

Ged tu fort!!

Actually, not yet. I'm not logged in. You know my hours..... tonight, humans will die, tokshun coursing through their veins as they spasm, even in their afterlife..... or whatever afterlife a human can have. Very Happy

Muzgash

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm back checking out AoC and stumbled back to this thread. Lots of great memories... And yeah I have to agree, I doubt we will ever have as much fun in a game again as the fort was back in it's heyday. I keep trying these new mmorpgs but I inevitably can't handle the grind and burn out on them quickly.

Anyway, greatest memories I can think of at the moment:

Azog. Enough said.

The Warboss clomp where 'someone' may have cheated.

Times when we were under massive humie attack, and we would die, find a wandering healer, run naked to find an orc to kill for the gear, and then rush back to the fort to kill and die again, over and over.

Defending the fort succesfully, what was the name we had for when we set up the hidden traps at the entrance? Door trap?

Findog!

And so many great orcs...

Hope everyone is doing well,

Noah/Grishnak the Moonie/Muzgash

Iggrat

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not loging on for a couple days, and then signing in and have a comp stutter because of about 100 icqs messages coming in all at once!

God I miss that, but i'll never pick up icq ever again.

Like my brother Dabou, I cant replace any of the memories I had while playing Catskills Shadowclan. It is by far my favorite time in any MMO i've played. I will admit I grew up with shadowclan. I believe I was 15 years old when I first heard about and joined Shadowclan. Right smack dab in the middle of the warbozz wars.

My favorite Memory by far, was my Throquat Quest, Buurz'Lusk sent me on that led me to going around the entire world and defileing every shrine in some way. I did'nt realize how much I loved just walking around enjoying the game until then. Truthfully if I could go back and start all over right now with my experiance with shadowclan I would

I rememeber so many people but the one that stands out will always be
my Blood brother Throqu'Hosh.

Gra'ook, Sharkuu Throquat Nob

Bohun

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, over 10 years now and I still have fond memories of SC on catskills, that was back in highschool days for me.

My first orc was a kigg'r that followed all the rules, went grunt really fast, joined the moonies really quickly, got Gu... and I realized that chasing titles isn't that fun and gruntee times are the most fun, so I made a womp-r and my plan was to cause trouble, clomp things, drink cider, create chaos, pick fights, and hopefully make the experience more colorful for everyone.

Best memories:
- Making Bohun to be the biggest trouble maker (brain payn) in the clan, it was probably the most fun gaming experience I've ever had.
- Being gruntee longer then anyone probably, and most flat gruntee too.. i think the only reason why i became grunt is that my stats/skills got so high other grunts couldn't clomp me
- Rel'Gal - best bitur ever, made me second best bitur ever
- Thunk'glug - best ghashi ever, epic battles with him
- All the grumpy howlers that ganged up on me, Ghak'mat, Ug'laka,ka, Qub'mug.. not saying it wasn't deserved, it was
- Playing on 28k modem with tons of lag but still doing well (I was on thewest cost)
- Working security detail for the Elder Orc (i think we all got wiped once or twice)
- Making depressed Aghed even more depressed,
- Mouthing off to higher ups - a lot
- loosing warboss battle
- Feeding ug'rugrat milk and cookies
- Being clomped by Gi'mar.. a lot
- Clomping dragons in Dastard
- Siege of Trinsic
- Giving cooked wolf meat to howlers as revange, har
- Gan'tugi, Ug'laka'ka, Gor'bladz, Throqu'hosh, Xug'gug, G'harrg, Gra'ook, Dabu, Hosh'goth, Thrak'Ghaash, Buurz'lusk, Qub'mugg, Stump'er, Grak, and much much more
- All the epic drinkee fests
- War Hammer of Power with double damage would take out gruntee in one swing (okee gruntee, stand stull, kloze lats eyez... nuw, this unlee goin to hurt a liddul)

Cheers guys, thank you for the experience

RugNuut

Character Skills: Uhrm...Kiggin? Agh...uhrm...Beun shurt?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holi skah un a stik!! Id'z BOHUN!

I'm not sure if I ever met your Kigg'r, but I more than fondly remember being chased around the orc fort with you holding some blunt object or another, pounding Rug into a bloody Ghaashie pulp. Good times. *Laughs*

Gronth

Character Skills: All dem skillz fer da Lusk.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually played against the Shadowclan primarily through out my Catskills RP career.

I was in the Celts as Eric Langheld way back in the day, The Free Corp for a while after the Celts died out, then finally Yew Militia as Kar Blanks. Through out all of that Shadowclan was the main constant. I had a few gruntees and even made it to Grunt once as Koroug though I don't remember much.

Reading through this thread really brings back the nostalgia.

My first encounter with Shadowclan was with the Celts, probably early '99. With a undertrained Eric Langheld we had a raid on the Orc fort and I got krimped and klomped in no time flat. That was the first of many, many raids on the fort. I'll forever have fond memories of breaking krimps and battling through the cross healing prowess of the Shadowclan Orcs.

Like a few people have mentioned - no MMORPG experience ever really measured up to the one we had in the Catskills RP community.

The Yew Wars and War of Steel against the Undead and Shadowclan were absolutely my favorite memories through out all of it. Epic battles with huge turn outs on both sides. Everyone following the ROE and respecting each other - more focused on having fun and playing the game than just winning and griefing.

Any time I died early in the battle I remember being bummed out because that meant I had to watch the rest from the sidelines- but that's what made it so much fun.

I guess it's a little off topic but if anyone is still checking back- UOForever is a server with a decent population and that is starving for a good Orc Population. It's got the T2A ruleset, so it's the UO that we all knew and loved when Catskills RP was at it's peak.

http://www.uoforever.com/

I've been playing UO on and off since 97 and recently had the itch to log into Brittania - would love to see more of you join in if you can find time in your busy lives.

Koroug
Gorbag

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gronth wrote:
... then finally Yew Militia as Kar Blanks.

No waaayyyy....

I haven't heard that name in ages. I played with you guys as Vedrix Sorio Razz

I saw Noc's name somewhere on here but it was from a few years ago. How have you been?

- Gorbag Gro-Malog, Legate (ESO)
Gronth

Character Skills: All dem skillz fer da Lusk.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vedrix! How's it going man. I've been well - totally lost track of all of the Old Yew Militia guys unfortunately. I had Noc's contact info for a while but lost it back in 2010, last I spoke with him he was married with children. The Yew Militia website dropped about a year ago so I have no idea where to even find anyone anymore.

Always good to have the nostalgia of Shadowclan though -- this group was the lifeblood of the Catskills RP community.

Koroug
Rup'Tup

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://discord.gg/0lPwxjmcWrPramjY

Yew Militia Discord if you're interested in reconnecting.

S'llessid family- BM
Gorbag

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am well! How things change, eh. Changed careers twice now just trying to catch up with the ridiculous housing industry up here in Toronto.

I miss the old Catskills RP community, it was truly fantastic. I wouldn't mind dropping in, I was only there for a short while but it'd be nice to reconnect with Noc and the others. I only remember a few but I'm sure if I pop in more will come to mind. I swear I saw Noc on the Shroud of the Avatar forums, though it is a common name it may not have been him. I've actually run into a bunch of ex-Shadowclan and ex-Catskills RPers in the SoTA forums.

- Gorbag Gro-Malog, Legate (ESO)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Catskills Skribbulz All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: