Shadowclan Main Page The Shadowclan Dark Moot

CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   CharactersCharacters   GroupsGroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Fri 22 Sep 2017
Sat 23 Sep 2017
Sun 24 Sep 2017
Mon 25 Sep 2017
Tue 26 Sep 2017
Wed 27 Sep 2017
Nvidia madness

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Computers etc.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laghed

Character Skills: TOTALLY AWESOME

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:10 pm    Post subject: Nvidia madness Reply with quote

I had windows 7 on my computer and it ran Nvidia graphics drivers no problem for years. So along comes Windows 10 and it deactivates my Nvidia drivers and now my computer cannot detect drivers, so I reinstalled windows 7 and it wont even let me install graphics drivers.

My laptop is pretty old and it is a bit frustrating because I have literally tried everything I can think of and read online to fix the problem but it just wont let me use Nvidia anymore, I can use the Intel chipset for graphics but it sucks and doesnt have the same settings or tweaks that Nvidia allowed me to squeeze out of games.

I have no OpenGL or anything... Anyways any help would be appreciated on a dinosaur laptop.

It says on my laptop : Nvidia 310m Cuda 1gb , Intel Pentium etc , I can provide more info if needed.

I have been trying to fix this for months and cannot afford a new computer or laptop right now so squeezing it a bit more with th Nvidia drivers is all I can do.

Model :ASUS A52J ver: K52JC

Reitsuka

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a problem like this with my old laptop where it was using newer nvidia drivers but they weren't supporting opengl 2.0 so very few things would run and mostly run badly.

I had to install an old driver from the nvidia site manually instead of with the automated thingy or using the newer driver package. It was garbage for like a year and now it works again. I finally figured that out like late last month.

Vorgak

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the past I've had to go to Asus website to get the drivers initially installed, then do the update via the nvidia control panel. It never seems to detect them by default though.

Laghed

Character Skills: TOTALLY AWESOME

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reitsuka wrote:
I had a problem like this with my old laptop where it was using newer nvidia drivers but they weren't supporting opengl 2.0 so very few things would run and mostly run badly.

I had to install an old driver from the nvidia site manually instead of with the automated thingy or using the newer driver package. It was garbage for like a year and now it works again. I finally figured that out like late last month.

How? step by step because everytime I try to do it my computer says 'no' and wont install them.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Computers etc. All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: