Shadowclan Main Page The Shadowclan Dark Moot

CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   CharactersCharacters   GroupsGroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Fri 20 Oct 2017
Sat 21 Oct 2017
Sun 22 Oct 2017
Mon 23 Oct 2017
Tue 24 Oct 2017
Wed 25 Oct 2017
Shroud of the Avatar
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Future Branch Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Khargug
Clan Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

these kobold masks or even wolf masks. are these things bound on pickup or can someone, say a guild, stockpile them for member handout?

Shadowclan Discord server
Ziglag

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Khargug wrote:
these kobold masks or even wolf masks. are these things bound on pickup or can someone, say a guild, stockpile them for member handout?

In PVE your items stay with you when you resurrect. So there is no chance in losing them.

In PVP I have heard that your opponent gets to pick 2 items to loot then you get the choice to let them have those items or pay a fee in gold to redeem your item that then goes to the player who looted you.

I have not tried PVP yet but will soon. I found a vendor selling Kobold masks I might pick one up and give it a try and see if it is lootable and if so what the redemption cost is.

Khargug
Clan Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolf hat

Ziglag

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I was able to acquire a Kobold helmet and do some PVP tests this morning.

Good news is the Kobold helmet is not a PVP lootable item. I suspect that this is true for any store purchased items. So if the clan goes a different direction like the animal masks those would probably also not be lootable.

Additonally this is how PVP works in SOTA:

When you die there is a gravestone that is dropped that anyone in the area who finds it can loot it and claim a ransome.

The system selects one of your items and generates a body part (ex Skull of Ziglag) and offers them to the player that claimed the ransom.

The player who claimed the ransom does have the ability to give your stuff back if they decide they don't want it or are otherwise in a merciful mood.

If the player wants to claim your stuff you have 2 hours to pay the ransom (seems to vary on the value of the items but in my test was between 400gp and 650gp) If you do not pay the ransom the player gets your items. You also have the option to just let them have the items if you decide to not pay the ransom.

When the ransom is not paid the other player still has to claim the items on their end.

The gravestone last for between 5-10 minutes then disappears. If no one claims the ransom you can reclaim your items

Also, if you resurrect and go back to where you died you can loot your own grave which will immediately reclaim your items.

All this stuff is managed through the GUI interface titled "The Price of the Oracle"

There is a vendor in Central Brittany that sells the Kobold gear. For players who already have accounts or do not get accounts via the Markeee Dragon store that come with Kobold masks already. The going rate right now is 10,000gp which is not as much as it might sound. To put it in perspective a forge addon for a house costs 5,000gp, 500 arrows goes for about 100gp, recall (to your house) and teleport (to another player) scrolls go for between 200gp-300gp. A brand new player who made it a priority could buy the mask within a day or two of playing and killing starter monsters.

If we do go with Kobolds we will want to put together a primer on how to build the character so the skin tone matches the mask.

Picture of my pirate wearing a Kobold mask in game:

Gorbag

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Setting this up and giving it another play through.

I saw some videos where people had multiple character slots, anyone know how they did that? I can't find it in the add-on store.

- Gorbag Gro-Malog, Legate (ESO)
Gorbag

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaaannndddd the first interaction I had with another player included the other person wearing a kobold outfit RPing a kobold Razz

Khargug
Clan Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't SoTA pretty much released at this point as an on-going development? I know I remember reading something about a soft-launch.

If this is true, then there really isn't anything stopping us from building some foundation of a clan presence here. Of course that is dependent on member activity.

Gorbag

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoTA is not soft released at all. They just aren't wiping. Characters and houses are persistent. The majority of towns, areas and quests are still incomplete. They just revamped all the skill systems. There is still a lot of work to be done, but with that said where the game is right now it is in a very stable and good place.

Though the RP community is still in it's infancy. I'm rolling a human character to get a feel for the game and to test out the RP community. I will more than likely buy another copy of the game to get a second character slot to roll a kobold. However, as all the player owned towns are sold, and I am unsure of an expansion of availability, I believe now would be time to casually start building roots. I've spoken with several people who remember Shadowclan and I feel it would be a good fit for Shadowclan.

With that said though the gaming industry and gamers have changed. Our old model more than likely will not work to sustain a healthy member base. We have core members but we need new fresh members to come and experience the excellent quality of RP and gaming we provide. We will need to address this in depth. I know I kind of dropped off in ESO but would love to help out and build Shadowclan within SoTA. The game feels like UO, plays like UO, and I think the RP community has a good chance of growing to the greatness that was present in UO. The game is not made for power gamers but for RPers. We would need new SC lore though, unless we can create such hype that we get an orc mask, which could be probably. Right now they're accepting applications for guild spotlights, which Portalarium/LB will provide the highlights for. This could be a good platform to launch us. In addition to this I recall they used to accept game assets from the player base, if we have someone skilled with modelling and textures, we could provide them the mask and they could just implement it in the game. This would be a method that could be highly successful as well.

Gorbag

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I took a look around some POTs. These things are very well designed! I thought they were limited, but I believe now it is just the ones that appear on the world map that are limited. Technically you can get a city lot which is like a POT and have it attached to a POT on the world map. In the original POT from the world map you'll see a cart somewhere where you can double click it to go to your city. The only drawback is you have to go through an allied POT to get to yours. However, you can set yours up however you like, such as enabling or disabling PvP, placements, etc.

If we're still stuck on kobold etc, they just added bone armour. Deadies inc. I looks sweet too! Comes in one size fits all. Literally. It's light armor but with plate defense stats (probably extremely OP and will be nerfed). Hoping they just add a heavy variant.

Obslug

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:48 pm    Post subject: Evil Eye Tavern Open in Shroud of the Avtar Reply with quote

Hello all, I know it's been awhile. I've been playing this steady since persistence. (No more wipes) I joined a guild call the Moongate Travelers as I liked their open minded attitude about rp. pvp and playing an evil char. So Obsidian Tempest is alive and I've brought my CA (Crimson Alliance) roots with me. As we opened the POT of Rift's End I asked if I could run the town tavern. They were delighted and I wanted to bring a bit of Catskills, Necropolis history to SotA so I reopened the Evil Eye Tavern in Rift's End. I am a bit saddened to see no Orcs in the game. (yet) (I'll keep complaining till they do.) The game is still in Alpha but is very playable. It's all about the community and just like the old days, Lord British and the other Dev. come out. To show you I've included our community event with was streamed live. Take a look and if anyone is playing just whisper me in-game and I'll help you along. Take care and hope to see ya in game. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbDijgjUmcU
I'll post some pics later tonight.

Obslug

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know 4 or so people who have Player owned towns that would give SC their own space if there was an interest. MGT has space and is the 2nd largest guild in Sota. We do have people that are not members with homes in the town so carving out an area for RP, Shadowclan should not be a problem. I also have a row house and a village house I could set up for any SC member needing a place to store their things while the learn the game. The row house is in a starter area, (Adroris) and the village is in Rift's End. I could drop a few storage chests for your use in these homes for ya.

Gorbag

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking of giving this another go. I want to try a different character though. So I deleted my humie.

One thing I love is that when you delete your character, all their inventory and gear and all your claim rewards go straight to your bank. I was worried I had lost it all, but nope.

If anyone is interested or still playing let me know! I'm thinking of going caster this time around. Maybe focusing on fire and death.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Future Branch Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: