Shadowclan Main Page The Shadowclan Dark Moot

CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   CharactersCharacters   GroupsGroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Wed 13 Dec 2017
Thu 14 Dec 2017
Fri 15 Dec 2017
Sat 16 Dec 2017
Sun 17 Dec 2017
Mon 18 Dec 2017
Anyone care to play Space Engineers with me/us?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gorg'da'guud

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:37 am    Post subject: Anyone care to play Space Engineers with me/us? Reply with quote

There's a bubhosh game on Steam I've owned for quite some time called Space Engineers. In it you can build or modify spaceships from the very minerals they're made of!

Ore gets mined from asteroids or planets. You then have your refinery refine it into minerals (like iron, nickel, gold, silver, cobalt, silicon...). Your constructor makes components out of various minerals. You then build parts out of these components which are (hopefully, har) attached to the ship you're building.

The game has two modes, creative and survival. Since Shadowclan is well, Shadowclan I should imagine we'd see creative mode as more of a simulated real world in which mak-rs plan the thingies they're building.

There aren't really official servers per se. You use Steam to join servers (or private games) that other players have set up using the dedicated server app that comes free with the game. The settings on the games hosted on these servers vary a fair bit depending on the owners' choices.

I've seen servers that allow for as many as 20 players. If you were cool with how things worked in UO Siege Perilous or the red days on Catskills I should imagine you'd be more than comfortable getting on a server in this game, selecting one of the spawn ships, mining the needed "rocks" and makr-ing them into attack ships.

Gorbag

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Space Engineers! My last project was that I built a fully functional space station with a huge conveyor system. It took me a good three months and I never completed it. Though I've been meaning to try out planets. I've always wanted to try some competitive planets where one team starts on one, another on a second, and you go from there.

How long have you been playing the game? What type of game were you interested in playing?

- Gorbag Gro-Malog, Legate (ESO)
Gorg'da'guud

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been playing on and off (mostly off) for the past two years or so? Survival of course. I mostly tend to set up my game with meteors, but I wouldn't mind learning how to play on/with planets if you could help me gruk how everything works with them. I've had a couple of frustrating experiences spawning with a landing craft I couldn't manage to actually land on the planet...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: