Shadowclan Main Page The Shadowclan Dark Moot

CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   CharactersCharacters   GroupsGroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Fri 20 Oct 2017
Sat 21 Oct 2017
Sun 22 Oct 2017
Mon 23 Oct 2017
Tue 24 Oct 2017
Wed 25 Oct 2017
KLAN! GADDUR UP!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Future Branch Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Majuu

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:38 pm    Post subject: KLAN! GADDUR UP! Reply with quote

(Apologies for the kobold accent)
WUT DA SKAH AM GUIN ON?
Mih kom bak tu da klan, agh awl mih sii am a bunj ub dumhiid whiniis!

Wayr am da klan dat siizid Fort Yiw Uruk?
Wayr am da klan dat klompid da Buurzhuul wid da hord ub HHHH kobos?
Wayr am da klan dat klomps ij uddur fur da titul ub Wargoth?
Wayr am da klan dat dimands tribuut?
WAYR AM DA KLAN AWL UDDUR KLANS FIIR?

Skahin Skah! Dis nub da klan mih rimimbur. Lats blah lyk a bunj ub pushdog pinkiis!
Yub. Mih gruk dat tings chanj. Kubbiis git mayd; shiniis niid tu git wurkid; briidurs niid tu bi appizid. Id nubhosh...in dat bubhosh way.

Mih biin luukin arund da blahboards agh gruk dat sumashis am diskorrijid frum wut happinid in da WoW Ravinholdt Uzg. Yub, id nubhosh. But uz am uruks agh kobos! Wih kan kom bak! Da hord will klomp agayn!

Mih hiir dat ibriash wunt da klan tu kom bak? DIN LITS DU IT!

Wut wih niid am a uzg dat wih kan invayd agh start agayn.
Mayk da klan da most bubhosh klan ibur!! HOOWAH!!

(Back to human blah)
This is my plan:
We need to have only one game that we setup a mega branch.
We need as much help as possible from old clanners and start recruiting immediately and hardcore.
AFTER we get this off the ground we can branch out again to other games, but lets try to keep it to one game during the rebuilding effort.

It sounds like this is the most difficult part - no one can agree on a game. I think we should either vote on it or have leadership say "That one!" (possibly involving a dartboard)

This is my 2 shinnies on what the game needs:
It needs to have a population large enough for us to recruit from and for the pinkiis to start talking about us again.
It needs to be a game that seems like it will survive at least a year (preferably 2+ years) with that large population. (not easy these days)
It needs to be a game that many clanners can get into. Not everyone can be happy, it's not possible to please everyone.

I know some people like weird worlds like space, but the clan was started in a fantasy world and I think that our revival should start there.
Of course we need PvP.

I'll take suggestions from there. I'd like to figure this out in a week or 2 so we can look at getting the game during the Urukmas holiday. Then hopefully we can start the branch around the new year if the clan helm approves. -- Agh aniash dat blah 'Pokiblah Gu' gits klompid bih mih! HAR!

Here are some games that seem to fit my ideal of a clan world: (Note: I've done almost no research on any of these yet. Working on it.)
Yes we have tried a couple of these already, but it doesn't mean we can't try again if there is interest.
Elder Scrolls Online
Guild Wars 2
Runescape 3
Crowfall
Rift
Archeage
Ark
Neverwinter

Some that don't exactly match my idea of a clan world:
Final Fantasy XIV
EVE Online

Do unto others, then do it again, and again, and again.....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Grasknak

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Games with Actual Orkz?

Warhammer: Eternal Crusade will have em eventually
LotRO: Monster play is limited still. ( I assume)
Elder Scrolls Online

Here's a list from giantbomb

Reitsuka

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eternal Crusade had Orks at launch and it was probably a good opportunity to recruit. Many ork players were RPing in chat with warhammer blah, but its a shooter, not really an RP game.

I think theres a general lack of interest, passion, and ability to make the time commitment to get a branch off the ground these days. We don't seem to have much staying power after the excitement from the launch of big games.

Pick a game and I'll try to make time (though tax season is ridiculously busy for me). We could roll around clomping things in Lotro or eternal crusade with fairly little grind. Recruiting could be dodgy. Archeage is launching its expansion as is a very UO style game with noninstanced open pvp housing clearings were you can farm etc. There's even fishing and sailing. Recruiting would have been a lot better a year ago, but may still be possible. Its hard to tell.

Crowfall does have the benefit of being new and the first month surge of interest recruiting wise. We'd have to be on the ball if we were banking on that because we don't want to be just getting recruitment off the ground when the die off begins. It's usually better to go forward than back and stay with whats exciting.

I think the main thing the clan needs is a place to gather and claim which isn't hampered by a level spread. That and interest, but certainly some new blood to keep us going would be ideal.

Girmluhk

Character Skills: Loud Mouth, Goofball, Cooking

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking a very casual game would be the best for us to meet up, hang out and have fun with each other.

fwiw im not even sure it has to be a RP game.

Rup'Tup

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I am totally addicted FFXIV right now, I agree that it doesn't fit our traditional sense of gaming. There is a lot of RP going on, probably more so than any other MMO out there right now, but your character is restricted as far as game mechanics go to that of a crafter or adventurer.

Having said that, it's a ton of fun and some of the best PvE I have ever played and the gear grind is fairly casual if that's your thing. It has a great main story quest that gets very interesting as you progress and the lore is in-depth.

Just my two cents.

S'llessid family- BM
Khargug
Clan Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the spirit.

In order to make anything happen you need a core few that will form up the leadership and drive the major interest in whatever endeavor it is.
See the Expectations for Branch Proposals thread for basic proposals. Helm is here for you once you have something formed up.

Having Helm throw a dart at a board is probably not the answer that will work for the biggest impact with such a saturated market.

Whatever it is though it may have to start small and be built up to greatness.

Keep the discussion going.

Shadowclan Discord server
Majuu

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Khargug wrote:
Love the spirit.

In order to make anything happen you need a core few that will form up the leadership and drive the major interest in whatever endeavor it is.
See the Expectations for Branch Proposals thread for basic proposals. Helm is here for you once you have something formed up.

Having Helm throw a dart at a board is probably not the answer that will work for the biggest impact with such a saturated market.

Whatever it is though it may have to start small and be built up to greatness.

Keep the discussion going.

Thanks Karg, I do know I need to submit a proposal when the time comes.

The "dartboard" part was supposed to be a joke. However, the option behind it - the helm making a decision is still valid, although not the optimal of the two.

What I'd REALLY like to see is more input here. I want to see the interest in getting the clan back to life.

In some self-performed research I have found this about the options I listed. Unfortunately, I've been staying in the FTP areas for trying to get the feel of the games. I don't have a ton of money so I don't want to pay for something just to see if it fits the clan. (I also added some suggestions people made)

Those that match my idea of a clan world:
Elder Scrolls Online - OK so far
Guild Wars 2 - OK so far
Runescape 3 - Not tried yet
Crowfall - Not tried yet
Rift - Not tried yet
Archeage - Not tried yet
Ark - Not tried yet
Neverwinter - Not tried yet
Wurm Unlimited - Not tried yet

Those that don't exactly match my idea of a clan world:
Final Fantasy XIV - Not tried yet
LotRO - Not tried yet (Isn't this old by now?)
Warhammer 40k:Eternal Crusade - Not tried yet
EVE Online - Gromalok/Hamektok and I were stream sniped the other day by a large PVP "guild" (almost 2). (to make a long blah short) I don't mind being ganked, but I don't like the idea that it seems that to be a big time PVP guild in any game requires the members to go out of the game to find targets and gain an upper hand. It removes the immersion from the game, especially to an RP guild like us. It seems that's the norm/culture here for large PVP, not the exception.

I haven't ruled out the games I put in the second list like FFXIV. I just feel they have a lower chance due to nature of the world.

Do unto others, then do it again, and again, and again.....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Reitsuka

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LoTRO is old now, yes, but it's f2p for monsterplay. It's probably the oldest in the bunch aside from Eve and WoW. A bunch of the MMOs are aged. Rift and Guild Wars 2 are in their 4-5 years. Even the newer ones are in their second or third years now which means mostly mature playerbases (i.e. level capped, die off, raid grinding etc) outside of new expansion releases which you can assume will basically have capped players again in about a month minus RAID / high level instance gear.

Games we've given a spin which either didn't work or for which interest has expired:

ESO
LoTRO
EVE
WoW
SWTOR

So I'd eliminate those unless you're just looking to get a few old clanners together for nostalgia. Similar to how UO shards crop up on the board now and again.

Games which would probably take some imagination to work in a proposal:

Archeage
Final Fantasy

FPS games which probably have limited recruiting potential:

Ark
Eternal Crusade

Old games not previously mentioned:
Rift
Runescape
Wurm

So, in my opinion, that leaves Crowfall which, while hard for me to get excited about, is the freshest and probably most exciting for everyone else.

Gurbak

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It may be worth giving ESO another try. One Tamriel has opened the world up quite a bit, since you can now group up at any level for any of the content. They got rid of Veteran Ranks, so you no longer are forced to help the enemy factions just to level up (no more Cadwell's silver and gold quest chains). It has the best looking orc characters IMO, plus you can craft orc lore gear, etc. The housing DLC that will be coming out would offer a way to meet up in a guild hall.

I was thinking that it would be fun to have an orc Nightblade only branch that would require completing the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood, plus maxxing out on stealth, pickpocketing, etc. There is still a lot of variety just within the NB class since style of play depends on the choice of weapons, armor and skills to train.

Kraak/Gazzat - Mordred - DAoC
Gragarn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I had to cast a vote I would probably pick either Archeage or ESO. I enjoyed ESO a lot, but the time it came out was personally just very bad for me. I haven't played it in a long time so all of the stuff the added would be really fun to explore with the Clan.

Archeage is also a game I fell in love with for a time. I feel there's a lot of potential for clan activity. The biggest hurdle (in my opinion) is the lack of a real "Orc" like race. But I think they just added a new race that is essentially warrior dragon people. So I could see some potential there.

-Garrinard, Elf Shadehunter (Archeage)
Battletag ID, Noahjam325#1446
Steam ID, Noahjam325
Gorbag

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a huge update for ESO coming this summer. Looking really good so far.

- Gorbag Gro-Malog, Legate (ESO)
Hin

Character Skills: Pie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wurm always interested me, is it still super hard to actually get anything built?
Gorg'da'guud

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out of all those listed, Elder Scrolls Online seems like the best option. Not only does it have orcs, it presents orcs as brutal but honorable warrior types.

There's a standard (too) COMMON random encounter in Skyrim where an elderly orc wants to fight you so that you could bring his life to an end if he can't manage to beat him. He's no longer capable of truly cutting the mustard in combat, so he wants to die in battle with anyone who comes along.

Skyrim has some orc tribal areas as well. Generally down south? Go there, see how it functions, put a Shadowclan spin on it (and dialect). Mostly I think our established orc culture(s) could fit their orcs like dirty mail glove.

For those of you from other versions of SC, we're generally a mixture of Tolkien, Warhammer and our own imagination culturally and linquistically (even a couple of shardie/Shardhu-influenced characters).

I always hated the word "shardie" because it seemed so OOC (stemming from "shard" the way it did). I morphed it into "Shardhu" for Klapdud, which Shadowclan makes a slur of with the ie at the end like we do with humie and deadie. Her "hoowah" yell macro was "Hoowah Shardhuclan!"

What I left unstated was that most orcs in that world considered the race to be shardhu, orcs was just a name humans called us. Kind of like how English-speakers call Deutschlanders "Germans" Oesterreichers "Austrians." Shadowclan's speech was a bit more human-like due to our proximity to Yew and its farmers, I guess?

Khargug
Clan Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for ESO, the guild is already in place and has been since the beginning. It is just an empty shell for the most part with maybe 3 clan members that log in to do their own thing. I log into ESO at least 3 to 4 times a week.

If something were to start up again in Tamriel, then we would definitely need to see some established numbers and also take a look at what we established and see if we need to tweak it based on how the game has changed and what we have learned over the last 3 years with the game. I can definitely say that with Tamriel One it is nice to be able to take your character to almost any where on the map and group up with people that are a variety of levels without negative impact thanks to the new scaling they use now. There are still some phasing issues depending on whether or not an individual has completed certain map quests but that is super minor.

If you are playing ESO and would like an invite to the guild whether it is in its current state or if there is a major resurgence, then you can PM me here on the forums with your @name OR you can hit me up in-game @Khar. If you do send me something in-game it would be preferential to also send a PM here on the forums or hit up our Discord (see my sig) for verification purposes.

At the end of the day a resurgence would require numbers and a few fine orcs that are willing to take up the task of leading things.

Gorg'da'guud

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now I'm looking into checking out Warhammer 40K Whatever. *Holds out rusty bowl* Does anyone have a referral code fer Gorg?

I kind of love the idea of Shadowclan orcs in space. I especially love the game's client being given away.

Khargug
Clan Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you get that referral from grasknak?

Xigig

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkfall: Rise of Agon

Saw this being streamed, checked out website & bought 30 day gametime ($9.99, client is free). I guess it's a relaunch with a new owner and a lot of old problems fixed? Never played before, but it feels like UO with FPS controls.

Super casual, super bad, super fun!

"Kubub Nubhosh"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Future Branch Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: