Shadowclan Main Page The Shadowclan Dark Moot

CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   CharactersCharacters   GroupsGroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Sat 21 Oct 2017
Sun 22 Oct 2017
Mon 23 Oct 2017
Tue 24 Oct 2017
Wed 25 Oct 2017
Thu 26 Oct 2017
PvP in Legion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Ravenholdt Peon Pit
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kul'Gur

Character Skills: Fizt Shakun, Cane Whappin

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 7:46 pm    Post subject: PvP in Legion Reply with quote

How is it? Anyone know how active the server is PvP wise?

Kulgur - Ghaash'Blud Sharkuu Nob
Kul'Gur - Bitur Wa'lusk-r
Steam Username - aclayttu
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Khargug
Clan Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Legion, both Horde and Alliance are pitted against the same enemies, zones, etc. So there is ample world pvp opportunities. However until you are max level you will get trounced in a few hits by anyone out there doing their dailies that is leveled and geared up.

Ravenholdt is still very much in one of if not the lowest populated server cluster. Yet there are still people out and about. The empty zones are really anything below level 100.

Generally you will find yourself fighting some mob targets alongside alliance and then either one will turn on the other mid-mob fight or as soon as the target is dead.

I haven't messed with the instanced PvP in a while so I couldn't give you a clear status on that.

Shadowclan Discord server
Gromalok

Character Skills: Rok kuttin', Rok SMASHIN', Stitchen, Mixur, Weedpikur, agh Skribblur

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not move SC off of Ravenholdt? It's a dead server and SC won't really prosper there.

Khargug
Clan Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My own thoughts:

There is no core group to salvage since I am the only one logging in. Granted there are a few who do periodically log in once a month or every few months but that seems to be just to refresh their logged in time as I see no one else playing extensively. So essentially, what is there to move?

Another factor is the character transfer that is being forced on one or more characters if they decide to make the jump. The more I think about that, the more I refer back to my original thought above.

There are healthy discussions on server changes including the discussion for the move from Bleeding Hollow to Ravenholdt within the Nob Hut that are good to draw on.
But ultimately I would be concerned that any knee jerk reaction to move to a populated server cluster without major backing would be a bad idea at this time.

That being said and back to Kul'Gur's post, there are still small scale open world pvp opportunities within the current content lands every day.

Shadowclan Discord server
Kul'Gur

Character Skills: Fizt Shakun, Cane Whappin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking more along the lines of BG's, Arenas, and RBG's

Kulgur - Ghaash'Blud Sharkuu Nob
Kul'Gur - Bitur Wa'lusk-r
Steam Username - aclayttu
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Ravenholdt Peon Pit All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: