Shadowclan Main Page The Shadowclan Dark Moot

 
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   CharactersCharacters   GroupsGroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Sun 22 Jul 2018
Mon 23 Jul 2018
Tue 24 Jul 2018
Wed 25 Jul 2018
Thu 26 Jul 2018
Fri 27 Jul 2018
Who's left?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Catskills Skribbulz
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Ug'skr



Joined: 27 Aug 2002
Posts: 2261
Character Skills: Smash!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay, so its 2013.

I miss this game and community so much.
There has never been anything like it, no other game where you could log in, go hang out and basically do nothing and still have a great time.

So much history, and it truly is telling of how impactful it was on our gaming lives that most of us can still think back and remember it all.


_________________
*sigh* Me cee lat been dwinkun frum da fowntin ob tuupid agin......

Nek'raka- Throquat Wa'Ligz-r Catskills- MIA
Shak'rak - Last Blood Mojoka of Catskills- Deceased
Ug'skr- Sneeki'Maurk- Prahkug'Buurzum
Skrug - Womp'n Gruntee - An Corp
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Ajar Deathstrike



Joined: 04 Apr 2013
Posts: 96

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ug'skr wrote:
okay, so its 2013.

I miss this game and community so much.
There has never been anything like it, no other game where you could log in, go hang out and basically do nothing and still have a great time.

So much history, and it truly is telling of how impactful it was on our gaming lives that most of us can still think back and remember it all.


agreed 100%.

I'd do it all over again.


_________________
Catskills RP 1997-2003

Ajar Deathstrike - Ancient One- Undead 1998-2003
Gung'zog - Throquat Uzg Kigg'r - ~2000
Darix Darkbane - Bone Warrior - Undead '98

UOSA 2013

UO An Corp 2015
Gung'Zog - Shadowclan
Ajar Deathstrike
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Hobs



Joined: 05 Jun 2014
Posts: 6

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ug'skr wrote:
okay, so its 2013.

I miss this game and community so much.
There has never been anything like it, no other game where you could log in, go hang out and basically do nothing and still have a great time.

So much history, and it truly is telling of how impactful it was on our gaming lives that most of us can still think back and remember it all.


Exactly why I came looking for you old Orcs. Smile This is the player of Dove the healer of Yew from the old, pre-Trammel split days of UO. I used to run the Community Center in Yew as well as events and multi-guild plots lines. Back in the days of Kinship Village and when you had to carry a little extra to pay in tribute when the SC hopped out from the bushes.

Speaking of creating that same community feel in a game where strong ties , organization, and PvP experience will count...how many of you have heard of Pathfinder Online? As I've saidin my post up on the General board, I think it is a game custom made for your group and all us UO nostalgic souls. It does UO one better by providing a setting where not only can you develop a settlement, but settlements will have their own local auction houses, banks, members will decide the types of higher tiered trainers available, and the structures we make can be damaged by others' attacks.

Again, good to find you all still alive and kicking. I'd love to get you all kicking in PFO. Wink

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Ajar Deathstrike



Joined: 04 Apr 2013
Posts: 96

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobs wrote:
Ug'skr wrote:
okay, so its 2013.

I miss this game and community so much.
There has never been anything like it, no other game where you could log in, go hang out and basically do nothing and still have a great time.

So much history, and it truly is telling of how impactful it was on our gaming lives that most of us can still think back and remember it all.


Exactly why I came looking for you old Orcs. Smile This is the player of Dove the healer of Yew from the old, pre-Trammel split days of UO. I used to run the Community Center in Yew as well as events and multi-guild plots lines. Back in the days of Kinship Village and when you had to carry a little extra to pay in tribute when the SC hopped out from the bushes.

Speaking of creating that same community feel in a game where strong ties , organization, and PvP experience will count...how many of you have heard of Pathfinder Online? As I've saidin my post up on the General board, I think it is a game custom made for your group and all us UO nostalgic souls. It does UO one better by providing a setting where not only can you develop a settlement, but settlements will have their own local auction houses, banks, members will decide the types of higher tiered trainers available, and the structures we make can be damaged by others' attacks.

Again, good to find you all still alive and kicking. I'd love to get you all kicking in PFO. Wink



I'll definitely be in PFO, by the looks of it.


_________________
Catskills RP 1997-2003

Ajar Deathstrike - Ancient One- Undead 1998-2003
Gung'zog - Throquat Uzg Kigg'r - ~2000
Darix Darkbane - Bone Warrior - Undead '98

UOSA 2013

UO An Corp 2015
Gung'Zog - Shadowclan
Ajar Deathstrike
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Hobs



Joined: 05 Jun 2014
Posts: 6

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again, seeing your group's level of fun PvP married with your past RP prowess is just what my group would love to see in PFO.

Currently, I am the Impirial Ambassador for the Empire of Xeilias, containing one of the few and certainly largest evil aligned groups announced for PFO Early Enrollment. We are currently in competition on the Land Rush boards for a spot for Golgotha, our evil guild (for old UO players, think a combination of Crimson Alliance and Necropolis).

We already have won a spot in the first Land Rush for our Lawful Neutral settlement Callambea.

As seeral posters have attested to earlier, UO was the grandfather of MMOs, and in so many ways, though surpassed in graphics and some MMO bells and whistles, it has never been bested in the community we had. Seeing your group still around is just way too cool, and I hope some of yours will be inspired to recreate that kind of community in PFO with me.

On a side note...do we know where other past UO baddies like the CA and the Undead landed?

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Ajar Deathstrike



Joined: 04 Apr 2013
Posts: 96

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobs wrote:
Again, seeing your group's level of fun PvP married with your past RP prowess is just what my group would love to see in PFO.

Currently, I am the Impirial Ambassador for the Empire of Xeilias, containing one of the few and certainly largest evil aligned groups announced for PFO Early Enrollment. We are currently in competition on the Land Rush boards for a spot for Golgotha, our evil guild (for old UO players, think a combination of Crimson Alliance and Necropolis).

We already have won a spot in the first Land Rush for our Lawful Neutral settlement Callambea.

As seeral posters have attested to earlier, UO was the grandfather of MMOs, and in so many ways, though surpassed in graphics and some MMO bells and whistles, it has never been bested in the community we had. Seeing your group still around is just way too cool, and I hope some of yours will be inspired to recreate that kind of community in PFO with me.

On a side note...do we know where other past UO baddies like the CA and the Undead landed?



Former temp Undead guildmaster here from catskills. Some of them are on UO an Corp now but not very active, and I have contact with a couple old deaddies.

Add me to skype: lukebuckley at outlook dot com , or send me an email sometime. I have no intent to lead a clan again, but i'll definitely participate!


_________________
Catskills RP 1997-2003

Ajar Deathstrike - Ancient One- Undead 1998-2003
Gung'zog - Throquat Uzg Kigg'r - ~2000
Darix Darkbane - Bone Warrior - Undead '98

UOSA 2013

UO An Corp 2015
Gung'Zog - Shadowclan
Ajar Deathstrike
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Klogoth'wuz



Joined: 10 May 2013
Posts: 132

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiggru always heer!

_________________
Clomp dem all, Led Trugulu sord dem owd!

Kiggru'wuz: ESO (Klan Goth secondage, UO Catskills Throquat Wa'Lusk-r)
Klogoth'wuz: Mojoka (secondage)
Bulga'wuz: Mak-r (secondage)
Migrul'wuz: Kigg-r Grunt (secondage)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Xulgag



Joined: 20 Aug 2002
Posts: 2493
Character Skills: Mojo thrower

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xutag wrote:
I check the forums occasionally. I played Xutag (obviously) and Bakojak on Cats. Wish there was a stronger SC presence on one of the free shards.


An Corp. We have moved to Cove.


_________________
Xul da Mighty!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ajar Deathstrike



Joined: 04 Apr 2013
Posts: 96

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An corp 2.0, we're in cove/minoc area, but theres only a couple of us. Bloodclan is a bit more active and they have Yew fort, and we are more than welcome to inhabit it with them, as they stated.

Between Undead and Shadowclan, Catskills was the best experience I ever had in a game. All because of you folks. I just put my Britannia cloth map on the wall in the mancave in your honor.


_________________
Catskills RP 1997-2003

Ajar Deathstrike - Ancient One- Undead 1998-2003
Gung'zog - Throquat Uzg Kigg'r - ~2000
Darix Darkbane - Bone Warrior - Undead '98

UOSA 2013

UO An Corp 2015
Gung'Zog - Shadowclan
Ajar Deathstrike
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Karne



Joined: 20 Aug 2002
Posts: 580
Character Skills: Irresistable good looks

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I was bit by the nostalgia bug recently and decided to peek my head in. I miss you guys so much! It seems like yesterday that we all spent so much time together.

I hope everyone is well!

Karne/Pug

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Girmluhk



Joined: 21 Aug 2002
Posts: 6391
Character Skills: Loud Mouth, Goofball, Cooking

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still check in, but don't play any games other than a browser game called tagpro. :P

I would come back in a heartbeat if the good ol days of siege could magically appeared. Never had as much fun in a game as UO SP and doubt I ever will!


Not to mention that playing UO combined wrecked my college but also paid for it and a lot of other debts, lol.


_________________
Leafcutter Family - Battlemaster
Slobb'r- Angel Island (retired)
Girm'luhk, Lister, Ooj'k, Abigail Graves - Siege Perilous (retired)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Gi'Puz



Joined: 25 Apr 2004
Posts: 3

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still poking around... been a long time. Catskills days at the old Shadowclan Fort outside Yew still pop into my mind now and again.

Don't think I've had more fun playing MMO's, or any videogame, as I did back in the days where we seemingly had non-stop action at the Fort.

Only 18 years ago... where has the time gone?

Gi'Puz, Lusk'r - Bloodmoon Nob

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ajar Deathstrike



Joined: 04 Apr 2013
Posts: 96

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gi'Puz wrote:
Still poking around... been a long time. Catskills days at the old Shadowclan Fort outside Yew still pop into my mind now and again.

Don't think I've had more fun playing MMO's, or any videogame, as I did back in the days where we seemingly had non-stop action at the Fort.

Only 18 years ago... where has the time gone?

Gi'Puz, Lusk'r - Bloodmoon Nob



I still seek the same community and that type of game.

Your sentiments ring true for me as well.


_________________
Catskills RP 1997-2003

Ajar Deathstrike - Ancient One- Undead 1998-2003
Gung'zog - Throquat Uzg Kigg'r - ~2000
Darix Darkbane - Bone Warrior - Undead '98

UOSA 2013

UO An Corp 2015
Gung'Zog - Shadowclan
Ajar Deathstrike
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Yak



Joined: 15 Feb 2003
Posts: 119

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some strange reason, I reactivated my UO subscription the other day and went to a trip on Catskills, down the memory lane.

The Orc fort is still there, of course, so are the Shadowclan signs and ownership note on the table, the Gratch box. The shardies who now occupy the place in droves seem to be ok with them. The tents behind the fort seem to be very resilient to wear and tear but either than that there are no huts or houses anywhere to be seen.

Necropolis is still there, with few keeps and castles.

Kinship village is gone entirely. There is a monument where the Kinship tavern use to stand but everything else is mostly gone.

In Kent's Last Pint, the painting is still hanging on the wall along with the placard from Lord British visit but the bulletin board is not accessible anymore and is stuck behind a bookshelf. I think I left there a message few years ago on my last visit.

Britain Bank, Yew Abbey, the crossroads, Skara Brea, Trinsic. All deserted. Didn't see a single soul. But I am sure this was due to the the time diff. There must be people still playing this game or it wouldn't be around.

There are still houses around and some boats here and there. There are lots of empty space everywhere. No real estate problem in Britannia these days.

Everything else is pretty much the same and the classic UO client feels like it was frozen in time, but not much is left around to testify of the countless of hours we spent in that virtual world, the people, the guilds, the RP.


At some point my 10 year old son came into the room and looked at my screen suspiciously then asked me what it is and why I am playing such a weird looking game. Started to explain to him but I don't think he has the capability to appreciate nostalgia yet. Told him that game is almost twice older than him. I think he was somewhat impressed that it is still around.


That trip made me a bit sad. Those days back in ~1997-98 were such unique experience and the best gaming times I ever had in my long gaming career. Never since there was anything like, or even close, to that experience. As the years pass by, I am getting quite positive that there will never be.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ajar Deathstrike



Joined: 04 Apr 2013
Posts: 96

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yak wrote:
For some strange reason, I reactivated my UO subscription the other day and went to a trip on Catskills, down the memory lane.

The Orc fort is still there, of course, so are the Shadowclan signs and ownership note on the table, the Gratch box. The shardies who now occupy the place in droves seem to be ok with them. The tents behind the fort seem to be very resilient to wear and tear but either than that there are no huts or houses anywhere to be seen.

Necropolis is still there, with few keeps and castles.

Kinship village is gone entirely. There is a monument where the Kinship tavern use to stand but everything else is mostly gone.

In Kent's Last Pint, the painting is still hanging on the wall along with the placard from Lord British visit but the bulletin board is not accessible anymore and is stuck behind a bookshelf. I think I left there a message few years ago on my last visit.

Britain Bank, Yew Abbey, the crossroads, Skara Brea, Trinsic. All deserted. Didn't see a single soul. But I am sure this was due to the the time diff. There must be people still playing this game or it wouldn't be around.

There are still houses around and some boats here and there. There are lots of empty space everywhere. No real estate problem in Britannia these days.

Everything else is pretty much the same and the classic UO client feels like it was frozen in time, but not much is left around to testify of the countless of hours we spent in that virtual world, the people, the guilds, the RP.


At some point my 10 year old son came into the room and looked at my screen suspiciously then asked me what it is and why I am playing such a weird looking game. Started to explain to him but I don't think he has the capability to appreciate nostalgia yet. Told him that game is almost twice older than him. I think he was somewhat impressed that it is still around.


That trip made me a bit sad. Those days back in ~1997-98 were such unique experience and the best gaming times I ever had in my long gaming career. Never since there was anything like, or even close, to that experience. As the years pass by, I am getting quite positive that there will never be.


Weird enough I just did the same last week. Was nice to see Necropolis again, but was a bit down when I didnt see a single soul aside from one in felucca.


_________________
Catskills RP 1997-2003

Ajar Deathstrike - Ancient One- Undead 1998-2003
Gung'zog - Throquat Uzg Kigg'r - ~2000
Darix Darkbane - Bone Warrior - Undead '98

UOSA 2013

UO An Corp 2015
Gung'Zog - Shadowclan
Ajar Deathstrike
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Grug'tar



Joined: 30 Jan 2003
Posts: 1432

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grug blah dat latz gu ged me kayke!

_________________
"Nub peez dun me bak agh blah me id ib rainun"
Bloodmoom Luskr, Catskills UO
Tribeless Maurk, Angel Island UO
Grunt Warrior, Bleeding Hollow WOW
Gahklusks Family, Battlemaster
Mental Patient, Urban Dead
Pilot in Stasis, EVE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Gorbag



Joined: 30 Apr 2003
Posts: 588

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow it's been 18 years.... Can't really say it feels like it since it seems so empty without a quality experience like we had back in UO.

_________________
Retired:
- Gorbag, Throquat Wa'Ligz'r (UO Catskills)
- Porkgu, Srinkhu Lusk'R (UO Catskills)
- Gorbag Gro-Malog, Legate (ESO)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ajar Deathstrike



Joined: 04 Apr 2013
Posts: 96

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gorbag wrote:
Wow it's been 18 years.... Can't really say it feels like it since it seems so empty without a quality experience like we had back in UO.



Maybe linkrealms will provide what we need, but who knows.


_________________
Catskills RP 1997-2003

Ajar Deathstrike - Ancient One- Undead 1998-2003
Gung'zog - Throquat Uzg Kigg'r - ~2000
Darix Darkbane - Bone Warrior - Undead '98

UOSA 2013

UO An Corp 2015
Gung'Zog - Shadowclan
Ajar Deathstrike
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Gorbag



Joined: 30 Apr 2003
Posts: 588

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ajar Deathstrike wrote:



Maybe linkrealms will provide what we need, but who knows.



Yeah this or Shroud of the Avatar. I've gotten really sucked into the game. It's very similar to UO, but modern. I wouldn't recommend buying in just yet theres a lot of bugs (crocodiles bark like dogs), it's pre-alpha but it's old school Richard Garriott and no EA garbage. Feels like a legit Ultima series game so far, hope it stays that way, but a lot can still change. I'm smashing rocks in some cave trying to get metal and my skills are going so slow (slower than UO, so a little more longevity). Only downside is there's a chat box. IMO chat boxes hurt RP pretty bad :/ RP community isn't developed yet, but there are some people trying to light the fire for it.

I've been watching Velg have a ton of fun in LR, I might cave and drop $15 on it to check it out. It looks a lot like UO but unsure if the community style experience is the same. The community and the people is what really made SC so great!


_________________
Retired:
- Gorbag, Throquat Wa'Ligz'r (UO Catskills)
- Porkgu, Srinkhu Lusk'R (UO Catskills)
- Gorbag Gro-Malog, Legate (ESO)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Xutag



Joined: 20 Aug 2002
Posts: 278
Character Skills: Ligz-R

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just peeking in to see if anything is going on. Doesn't seem like much besides a few freeshards here and there.

_________________
Xutag - Ligz-R (UO Cats)
Bakojak - Zult'r (UO Cats)
Baku Tha'ikarch - Shadowbane
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Catskills Skribbulz All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group