Shadowclan Main Page The Shadowclan Dark Moot

CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   CharactersCharacters   GroupsGroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Mon 18 Jun 2018
Tue 19 Jun 2018
Wed 20 Jun 2018
Thu 21 Jun 2018
Fri 22 Jun 2018
Sat 23 Jun 2018
Checking the MMORPG hype meter.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Future Branch Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Qef

Character Skills: Nope, still useless.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 11:17 am    Post subject: Checking the MMORPG hype meter. Reply with quote

Number 1 as of this writing is FF XIV. Number 2 is GW2. Not so surprising as both are polished games and have advantages over the standard cash shop games.

Hype List

My interest however is is games that may have some appeal to SC as a new clan surge. I checked today and we are on page two now on a general google scan. Be nice to gather again a game before we all die of old age. I have a great grandchild now for Pete's sake.

#3 Ashes of Creation holds a bit of promise, but to be honest I have not delved deeply into this one.

Speaking of Lovecraft in this case with a dose of Stephen King, #4 Secret World is still one of my personal favorites. Though I recommend getting it from steam instead as the Funcom interface can be a touch aggravating.

The list is long with established releases that most of you are aware of, but there is Chronicles of Elyria Another attempt at generational perma death. I've been following this one a bit.

There are several clones, including what appears to be an EVE univerise clone Dual Universe which just popped up on my radar that could provide some missing elements that EVE has yet to encompass. Since it's still Alpha it's low on the watch list.

There is Mark Jacob's efforts in Camelot Unchained But he's already trashed this franchise once in DAOC. Seems like McQuaid he got an overdose of ego, so I am skeptical.

Garrison still get's a pass because how many game devs do you know of that has been in orbit? But I remember Tabula Rasa, so just a bit wary.

Really nothing out there that feels totally like a Shadow Clan vehicle, But the above listed seem to be the best options.

Dek'Oligz

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm 100% on board for Shadowclan rebuilding. I miss old school gaming and guilds. Now it's all about raiding for loot.

From your list, I like GW2 the most. It's casual enough and easy to get into. No subscription. Decent rp community on Tarnished Coast. I've got an account and I'd play with the guild for sure. I think the old SC in GW2 went Asura focused? I wasn't a part of that so I'm not sure. Maybe a charr warband would be more fitting. Could be a lot of fun.

I would also add Albion Online and/or Legends of Aria. They are both sort of UOlike. I've never played either though, just a trial on Albion and it felt a little craft grindy.

I still think Lotro Monster Play was great for the clan, some of the most fun I've had since uo.

I'd also add that upcoming games like Camelot Unchained hold interest for me, but it would be nice to have something to play now.

That's my 2 cents.

Have Played:
Dekoligz, Uruk Blackarrow
Dek'Oligz, Throquat Gu'Ligz'r

Check out my miniature painting log: Fullmetal Minis
Qef

Character Skills: Nope, still useless.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you checked out Secret World, I really enjoyed it, still play now and again. GW2 is great, Asura characters are my favorite, the PvP is a bit cheesy in my opinion, but it's just an opinion. Albion, I forgot about, but yes it seems like it has the proper elements. the point is fun, seems like we simply forgot how to just have fun.
Just Checked, I am on Tarnished Coast as well, 10 characters, but that's another story.

Dek'Oligz

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't tried Secret World. I tend to play mostly fantasy and sometimes sci-fi.

I agree on GW2 pvp. I like it, but it's wonky. Big zerg vs zerg. Not sure if that would work well with the guild. It might though. Run around and siege smaller towers. Pick a tower and try to defend it. Could be fun.

I think Albion could be fun but admittedly I don't know a lot about it.

I couldn't agree more about just having fun. I just want to hop in a game and get that old school guild feel, have fun, roleplay, build something as a group...

Have Played:
Dekoligz, Uruk Blackarrow
Dek'Oligz, Throquat Gu'Ligz'r

Check out my miniature painting log: Fullmetal Minis
Griz'lok
Walking Calamity
Walking Calamity

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought they were playing life is feudal

Trying to play lotr mp
Gorg'da'guud

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fallout 76 looks promising. Realistically, we're never going to be the size we were once upon a time.

Per this terribly-informative documentary, Todd Howard says they're expecting the servers to handle 24-30 players. At some point, mod support will exist (likely hosted via Steam a la Garry's Mod, Space Engineers and many others).

Regardless if people want to "play solo" or not, Fallout 76 will be multiplayer by default, and PVP will be happening. I've had a thought or two hundred about how we might provide players of this game with the Shadowclan experience.

Khargug
Clan Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Gorg, I have a feeling we will have quite a few members playing FO76. I like the idea of playing the ghoul type. I think with the servers being 24 to 30 or so players it would be nice if we could bring even a minimal presence from those that are playing. I have created a Fallout 76 thread so that we can talk about possibilities and collaborate any and all information learned. Those who get into beta may be able to provide extra context on possibilities (NDA pending of course).

http://www.shadowclan.org/darkmoot/viewtopic.php?p=618514

Shadowclan Discord server
Khargug
Clan Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Griz'lok wrote:

I think this died out pretty quick. My understanding a very large enemy clan presence destroyed an immense amount of hours of work put in. Kinda reminds me of a Shadowbane style death.

Shadowclan Discord server
Grasknak

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I can confirm this. A few of us played a lot the first motnh, then folks stopped logging in for several various reasons, then lost out "claim", then we got raided/ cleared out.

Vorgak

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The grind in LiF is pretty brutal. Combine that with stat loss if you die to anything, and you have a recipe for something that's high risk, low reward. It's a great concept, good platform, and could be a lot of fun, but in its current state it's verymuch like having a second job. Hopefully they change that down the road and get it to a fun medium, I'm back in once that happens!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Future Branch Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: