Shadowclan Main Page The Shadowclan Dark Moot

CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   CharactersCharacters   GroupsGroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Sun 21 Apr 2019
Mon 22 Apr 2019
Tue 23 Apr 2019
Wed 24 Apr 2019
Thu 25 Apr 2019
Fri 26 Apr 2019
Legends of Aria (formerly Shards Online)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Future Branch Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Velgamog

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back in! What do you need to start a guild here?

Gurbak

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are things that I like about the LoU server, such as the greater variety of skills/spells (UO based), etc. and the less linear feeling. On the official servers there is still a linear progression in that you start out by killing rats/bats in the sewers until you reach 35 in skills, at which point you stop gaining xp in those skills and need to switch to killing bears outside of town, etc. On LoU you still have a chance to increase skill regardless of what you are fighting. But the combat on LoU is more simplistic, at least for a melee character. On Azure I at least have a couple of abilities, like a Bleed and an Overpower from equipping a sword, that can be used if enough stamina.

It's probably a moot point anyway since the LoU server is pretty dead in terms of population. I ported to one of the main towns and I saw maybe 10 players in several hours. Azure has a larger pop, that's for sure. The devs of LoU have said that they need the Steam version of LoA to release in order to do some of the major changes that they are planning, such as switching to an actual UO map.

Kraak/Gazzat - Mordred - DAoC
Velgamog

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This entire game is enough like UO to keep me pleased. A player-run server that tries to imitate UO even more sounds like a cool idea, but I just feel more comfortable playing on an official server. I want to see what new ideas this game has to offer. The fighting abilities are a nice addition. Plus, I want to be where the population is, and if a few other RP guilds are present, there's no question as to where I'd rather play.

Ajar Deathstrike

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a perfect chance meeting at the graveyard Velg. Was good to see you.

I tried the LoU community server but many factors steered me from it. Admin bias and favoring certain guilds while being blatant about it, adding things that were never in UO in the first place, and they stopped doing wipes like a year ago so there is a huge imbalance and poor housing selection.

Plus, LoA official is close enough to UO and has more longevity.

So that's where we are!

We're rolling with the BloodClan for now and they have weekly events with human bandit clans and good aligned ones too. Mostly just PvE for now since most us us are just starting.

If any of you wanna join, find me, Nok'Tor or GlubGlub on discord (mostly we just use the text channel rather than voice for now)

They gave me officer privileges to invite any old deaddie folks who need a home until we decide what to do, but of course any old SC members will be welcomed as BloodClan is mainly SC members too.

If we get enough members where we can get all individual clans up and running I am sure that would be a welcomed alliance too, but for now it's nice to be a part of it all and BloodClan feels like the best chance at being home.

https://discord.gg/gkeySAy

Always welcome

Ajar Deathstrike - Ancient One- Undead 1998-2003
Gung'zog - Throquat Uzg Kigg'r - ~2000
Darix Darkbane - Bone Warrior - Undead '98

UOSA 2013

UO An Corp 2015
Gung'Zog - Shadowclan
Ajar Deathstrike
Velgamog

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoowah! I'm glad to be a part of this... I think combining the RP guilds into one is a great idea, and I look forward to all the humie clompin in the future! Like I said, my biggest issues right now are how slow / choppy my gameplay is, and the fact that it takes me about 30 clicks on an item before I can purchase it. I'm willing to put up with this all during my skill-gain phase, but I imagine I'll have to get a new comp if I want to PvP.

Dek'Oligz

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took the plunge! Bought it over the weekend and got to play it a little.

It's fun, it's a lot like UO. Just need to find other RPers now since that's what made UO so fun for me. Currently running around skilling up weapons and what not, getting a feel for the game and exploring.

Have Played:
Dekoligz, Uruk Blackarrow
Dek'Oligz, Throquat Gu'Ligz'r

Check out my miniature painting log: Fullmetal Minis
Ajar Deathstrike

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dek'Oligz wrote:
I took the plunge! Bought it over the weekend and got to play it a little.

It's fun, it's a lot like UO. Just need to find other RPers now since that's what made UO so fun for me. Currently running around skilling up weapons and what not, getting a feel for the game and exploring.

The deaddies are up and running and you're welcome to access our buildings. We have necropolis 2.0 up in the wilderness and also a guarded area crafting tower near some spawns you can level up on.

UND Discord:

https://discord.gg/w83Grjk

Ajar Deathstrike - Ancient One- Undead 1998-2003
Gung'zog - Throquat Uzg Kigg'r - ~2000
Darix Darkbane - Bone Warrior - Undead '98

UOSA 2013

UO An Corp 2015
Gung'Zog - Shadowclan
Ajar Deathstrike
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Future Branch Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: