Shadowclan Main Page The Shadowclan Dark Moot

CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   CharactersCharacters   GroupsGroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Thu 19 Sep 2019
Fri 20 Sep 2019
Sat 21 Sep 2019
Sun 22 Sep 2019
Mon 23 Sep 2019
Tue 24 Sep 2019
Moot forums looking to move to new platform

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Khargug
Clan Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:10 am    Post subject: Moot forums looking to move to new platform Reply with quote

Ug clan,

The clan is looking to move away from the current forums after a faithful 17 years of service with our current host. At this time the limited php version that we are locked into due to customization is deprecated to the point that our registration and profile pages are not functional at all.

With the low activity level, we have been faced with the challenge of moving the community as a whole over to a service that has minimal cost (preferably free) and still allow for continued collaboration into the foreseeable future. Our current hosting is paid up for a couple of months and we are unlikely to continue to make use of the service host at the end of that time. We looked at a number of free service options that can help serve our needs. Those were Facebook, Discord, and Slack. The one service out of those three that stuck out at us was Discord as it fits the mold of what we need and has been servicing gaming communities for a number of years with text, image, video and audio communication services.

We have been making use of a Discord channel since the summer of 2016.
We have a little over 70 members on the server at this time and hope that we can get additional members onboard to help us move forward. Existing users will see that I have already started to emulate many of our forum sections into the Discord server. I am now looking at how to preserve any useful historical threads into the discord space. This may be a very manual process but I am very much willing to put the time into saving what we can and discussing any further needs that come up.

Here is a direct invite link to the channel which is also available in my signature.
Shadowclan Discord

For security measures, any new users on the server should PM me Khargug, here on the SC forums to identify your discord user with the orc name you are known as on these forums. This will allow us to properly assign user roles for you on the server. Use '/nick <name>' to assign yourself a recognizable name.

Shadowclan Discord server
Girmluhk

Character Skills: Loud Mouth, Goofball, Cooking

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good times here, but its been a hella long time.; :) See ya'll on discord!

T'berog
Old Admin
Old Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Khargug for working to make this technology transition happen smoothly.
Lugnakh

Character Skills: Sleepin...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hate to see it go, but Discord seems like a good choice. Can we keep the color scheme? Wink

Thanks to the folks that have kept it going all along.

Parfug

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have such emotions about green and brown.

Rakgru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my way!

Don't mess up my enjoyment of Friday this week by pointing out that it's only Wednesday
Rakgru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ack! 8 more posts to my next milestone Very Happy

Don't mess up my enjoyment of Friday this week by pointing out that it's only Wednesday
Gul'Wur

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nuw thingz mayk Gul skeyrd!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: