Shadowclan Main Page The Shadowclan Dark Moot

CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   CharactersCharacters   GroupsGroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Fri 20 Jul 2018
Sat 21 Jul 2018
Sun 22 Jul 2018
Mon 23 Jul 2018
Tue 24 Jul 2018
Wed 25 Jul 2018
What is your most memorable moment in Catskills Shadowclan?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Catskills Skribbulz
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TrugOlig

Character Skills: Archery

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ul'Gala'Ka wrote:
When Gra'ook became the throquat nob he posted a message on the relationships between throquats and other tribes. I know because I had an orc in the throquat tribe. The quote was "Relationship? Howlers? It is my experience that howlers are entirely unreliable and unreasonable, I am against any "relationship" with them. Throquat Uzg does not need the howlers." The Gra'ook responded by saying that he'd put the Howlers in the same category as the ghaashies!!!!

Ahh yes, it's all comming back to me. I nearly dyed my boots brown and prepared myself to join Howling Skullz at about that time, but never did.
Burz'Abhu, my bubosh Hed'Biter alt, was the warboss candidate for that drinky fest. About five minutes before the battle started, Shog ordered me to go up against the Throquats to enforce the end of the Throquat/Hed'Biter alliance. Shog's reasoning was that Hed'Biters had always backed up Throquat'Uzg, yet Throquats hadn't done the same for them in a long while, and I think he was also having some problems with Gra'ook. I figured since it I was on my alt. I shouldn't let my position in Throquat'Uzg get in the way, which I felt would be bad roleplay, and instead decided to follow the orders of my Nob.
We allowed the Throquats to engage in battle, but for what ever reason they were being ignored, so we rushed them and took them out fairly easily, as they weren't expecting it. We fought a little further, and probably would have won if not for the damage we had taken from the Throquats, and some Thrak'Ghaash or Bloodmoon or something won the cycle.
I remember a certain now-nob orc getting pretty upset about it and threatening me to get kicked out of Throquat'Uzg over it and demoted down to gruntee. Shocked *cough*

A memory that just came back to me: I had been a gruntee of and on for nearly six months, but on the last month I played on Trug fairly continuously due to my growing friendships with Smog and Xug. Xug had just joined Throquat'Uzg and Smog was days away from joining Hed'Biters and I was getting frustrated with being a gruntee with grunts as peers, and I ended up ranting and complaining to Smog. Rather than smacking me and putting me in my place, like I probably deserved, he went off looking for a Nob. Several minutes later Ul'Gala'Ka chucked some brown boots infront of me and then ran off and, all of a sudden, I was a grunt. ...Not really a terribly interesting story, but it's an enjoyable one that I had forgotten about until now.

Xug'muk

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smog was tribed before me I think. We tried to get you grunted Trug, but Trel was pretty much never there. Heck Gi'mar grunted Zig'zug and me (I have a sneaking suspicion he actually had us slightly confused which is why I got grunted sooner than normal), not sure who got Smog, but was lean times for ligzr-s there for a bit. My grunting happened in about 30 seconds before a trip and I quote Gi'mar's instructions "Be Guud, yada yada, got it? Ledz go". Gaakh-mat drilled the rest of "Grunt responsibilities" into me later on though. Note to self: Ask mod to change thread title to dusty ligz-r storytime.....
Thraka

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 11:49 pm    Post subject: Har har har Reply with quote

"Buurz and I betting on two grunts in a clompfight, Buurz lost and had to kiss Thraka."

That is Thraka's best moment in the fort!! Buurz was bubhosh kizzer! har har! Didn't you (Rel') get a screen shot of that? :p

Thraka's best moment outside the fort was when all the lusk'rs were at the Kihagh shrine and was having a clomp match 1 on 1... It was Thraka vs Rel' .. and of course Rel' was drunk! But Thraka ended up clomping Rel'! I think Thraka yelled out the loudest and biggest HOOWAH!!! I was so proud! But then I kinda thought.. "oh crap, Rel' is going to clomp thraka down in the fort later" haha Smile

I loved it all. I have such great memories of back when I was active and getting into trouble :)

Thraka

Rel'Gall

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*hic!*

ogur

Character Skills: Getting around message board filters!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a few favorites:

Learning chants and orcish history at the ghaash pit from Gnash the Bloodmoon martyr. Orc life hard.

The whole "falling back through time" scenario TB created, which included a very aged Ka'Cals prophecy that far in the future Thulag would run an undergournd orcish rebellion that would lead to Ruggie ruling the entire world!

ver'nuk! ebil eye! twitch!

Any time the door trap worked!

Battles with GoL when GGG was warboss.

The culmination of the Thulag/Gi'mar feud, which took place all across Sosaria in one night thanks to Gi'mars gates.

Burning off murder counts with Rel at the old outpost. This was where we created the RATTIE WARBOSS CLOMP!

TB's way-out-of-control T2A snakie clomp (Ophidians?). You know, the one where 3 million people showed up and I pooped my pants as Warboss.

Yugs shardie alt,hunting ash-eyes,killing Findog,taking the T2A orc fort the first time,Brother Ren,Og,Father Talvis........

Saddest/coolest favorites:

Bidding an in-game adieu to Gu'clomp on the eve of EQ starting. The fort was pervaded with sadness and respect. I think that was the exact moment Shadowclan "grew up" and changed alot, for better or worse.

The eve of SP opening. Catskills was full of old orcs back for one last fling where it all started. It was business as usual, until the end of the night where something fairly unprecedented happened that hasn't happened again in any Shadowclan branch I know of since. We all sat down in the back of the fort, friends and enemy guilds alike, we went OOC and just reminisced for hours about what we had all wrought on Catskills. Surreal.

I could go on and on and on........

Uurg

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played for over 4 years on UO as a Shadowclan Orc. A little over 2 years on Cats and 2 years on Siege. I have enough stories that I could fill a book!

Most memorable moments in Shadowclan Catskills..

Walking into the Catskills Fort as Grith'Nith the very first time. That in itself is a memorable moment for anyone! But for me it happened to be on the first night that the Orcs moved to Catskills! I was one of 10 or so orcs running around trying to hold the fort! What a great feeling knowing I was there for that!

Another moment for me was when we "offically" got the Fort. I was there for the great battle and when the GM came in as the defeated orc leader and placed the Deed to the fort on the table. So Looking at that deed on the table holds very special meanings for me! I was THERE!

Becoming the first Hedbiter Mojoka! What an honor it was and a blast to roleplay! *picks nose and flicks the booger at you* HOOWAH! *HIC*

Now the memories come pouring out...Here are a few more!

All the great trips with Yug! (before warboss, after and beyond)

Creating a Shard Orc and driving alot of orcs crazy in the fort as the original 3 of us jabbered and did crazy stuff.

Huge battles at the fort that went on for HOURS AND HOURS!

Camping Trips! HOOWAH!

Leaving Catskills for Seige. Xug'Turg the Mojoka was born. It was hard to leave the homelands but I really hated what they did to the game and wanted to try to get back to our roots! I could write another book just about Xug! *grin*

And a Million laughs...No other game before or after UO has ever held my interest so long or made me laugh so hard!

Sadly I cannot name all the great people I have met in game because the list would be too large and I have a problem remembering names in real life anyways. But to all of you that I have met in one incarnation or another...Thanks for the fun!

Bill the player behind: Grith'Nith, Ver'Nuk, Eerg and Xug'Turg

Lastly I shall post a VERY old link to a Goodbye web page I made when I left UO to go to EQ. (that lasted 2 months I think..) For those that want to see some old event pictures Enjoy!

http://my.glasscity.net/~lordbill/Goodbye.htm

Vrok'Nuk

Character Skills: Fencing, Healing, Hiding, stealth

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just have a bunch of memories swooping around in my head. Being tribed by Shog'burz is one of them. Almost becoming warboss, but loosing to Shag'Rajau because of my intesne 56K lag. I dunno, lots and lots of memories.
________
List Of Ford Engines Specifications

Last edited by Vrok'Nuk on Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Slabtoof

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Har har, that was a good fight. I swore I was going to lose with only having one guard, but I pulled it without sitting in the corner like a pansie!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started the 1v1 fight with you at like 70 HP out of 100. Then it was a blurr of lag.
________
New Jersey Medical Marijuana

Last edited by Vrok'Nuk on Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Smog'Glog

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll always remember Nubb as being an insane fighter.

I think I was grunted by Ul too, I can't really remember.

Brugh

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some of my memories...

I remember fighting with Ka'cal constantly, and always accusing him of cheating because he used a million heal potions per battle.

I remember the big battle for the fort. I was a young gruntee at the time and didn't really know what the hell was going on.

I remember the Blakbluds, and when they split off. I remember the creation of the Thrak'ghaash tribe.

I remember the Throquat stone being on a boat. It eventually turned into Shadowclan Dub, which was eventually lost.

I remember developing a healthy hatred of the Crimson Alliance after they started taking in our rejects. One amusing ex-orc in particular was, I think, one third orc, one third vampire, one third human. I remember laughing and laughing. How can you be one-third ANYTHING, let alone something as stupid as orc/vampire/human.

I remember the creation of the Srinkhu, and the sneekrs (Nub'hosh, especially)

I remember MY sneekr, and how much fun I had with him while he existed. Never got above 50.0 stealing, though.

I remember practically worshipping T'berog as a young Throquat.

I remember when Vladtharg was entrusted with one of our stones, and ended up stealing it to create the Wahju.

I remember repeatedly killing Vladtharg with my mojoka and getting our stone back.

I remember the old orcposts we used to hold in shame. I need to find my screenshot of that. It's the one time you'll see Gor'bladz as a Howler pup.

Ah, here it is:

I remember when the vote for blud luskr was tied, and it came down to a fight between me and ... (I forget!). I killed him in 2 hits and won the position. It turns out his character only had 66 strength.

I remember having to kick Ar'thug out of the tribe for constantly disobeying orders. He just really wanted to make his "pi'ork" thing into a seperate tribe, with him as the nob.

I remember denouncing the Siege branch. I'd like to officially state that I retract those statements.

I remember winning the warboss clomp, then almost immediately getting a kidney stone and being too exhausted/doped up to play for most of that month. That was also our month as a Chaos guild. Not a great time.

I remember being the biggest, baddest guild on the server. All red, and we'd take all comers. People would gate into the fort and be dead in seconds. It was really an awesome, breath-taking time to be part of the Shadowclan.

Kul'Gur

Character Skills: Fizt Shakun, Cane Whappin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrrgg.. So many good memories to name. I'll say this though, I never got greater satisfaction out of any game then when a humie ran right into a trap. I could always imagine their surprise when about 6 orcs jump out of hiding, kill them, and be hidden and back in the trap before they had a chance to yell, "HEAL ME!" *grin*

Rel's Lusk'r fests. I never had a gaming experience that got my blood pumping like fighting Rel one on one. Rel seemed to always win. I think I beat him one time out of about 50 clomps. I'm pretty sure he was way to drunk to even get lucky...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Po'Kram

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it's my turn to post a few memories.....

The earliest memory i have is the amount of time it took for me to pass the gruntee test Gaakh-mat can vouch for that.

I remeber shadowing (kinda like being an apprentice) M'Thorg Pigstik to become a Bloodmoon.

The time i nearly one hit killed Hosh with a regular war hammer during the initial implementation of the crushing blow.

The time Gi'mar sat with me when no other was around pretending to be some yokle farmer orc or something in T2A it was hilarious ( *chews chaw* )

All the ruckess i used to cause back when bootcamps were still active ranging from making people dress up as gruntees to forming a gruntee army that would blurt "army ub po!" good stuff

"The Summer of the Gruntees" to most i won't even have to explain that one, but it was the summer when SC had a promotion on uo.com jeebus i had never seen so many gruntees.

And finally just sharing misc nights with orcs who i would come to call friends Vrok,Shag,Gi,Lud,Hav,Karne, and so on

I enjoyed every minute of playing with you all, and wouldn't trade the memories for anything

ICQ - 550807863

Po'kran - UO/Catskills - Retired Bludmuun Wa'womp-r

Kra'nop - UO/Angel Island

Magellan - Die2Nite

Inigo Montoya - Salem
Slabtoof

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Har har, Po thanks for letting me take pics of all your endeavors! I'll see you in WoW hopefully!

-Shag'Rajau

Character Skills: LUSK-R!!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have two:
Siege of Trinsic #1
this was an event put on by OSI where undead roamed the streets of trinsic and the orcs set up a fort where we stayed for 3 days. It was so much fun! That was in Ul'Gala'KAs reign

The other was after a drinki fest and the fort was completely full of shardies and ettins. Apparently while we were gone the shardies had reclaimed the fort and we killed them all and had a blast. Duno how long ago it was but its pretty far back.

Both: mindless killings of npcs with massive amounts of orcs and bother were put on by OSI.
________
free wordpress themes

Last edited by Goglok on Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ghul'Ruk

Character Skills: Getting wood, Clomping, Preaching, Burning

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something that recently came to mind:

Pretending to be 'Rul'Ghuk', the Gruntee Zult-R. *grins as he remembers it* Badge hidden, the reversed name a clue... but it was surprising how many newish gruntees were convinced, and very enjoyable to get in touch with my/Ghul's roots. *smiles; remembers Ig'Lug'Nu, who suspected him when he briefly took on his own weapon and clothing to clomp a shara, and who was later vindicated, and rose through the ranks...*

Mugh'gluck

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, although I was there for more of a later half of Shadowclan, I still have some fond memories.

My first great memory was Mugh's first drinkee fest. Funny thing, during the gruntee clomp, Mugh was the only actual gruntee. So Rel stripped naked and nearly boxed Mugh into submission, but somehow Mugh beat him. Still don't remember how that was even possible, but it worked! Oh, and everyone was cheering for Mugh, not Rel that time, heh.

I remember being the only Bloodmoon Fanatic and how there were so many martyrs. Only Bloodmoon Fanatic at the time that is, except for the occasional sleepy one who woke up for a day or two and then fell back asleep. Also being promoted up to Holy Warrior status in the Fanatic caste, a very proud moment for Mugh.

Becoming Ur's Nob Guard was another proud moment. And my god how long it took! Mugh had to beat Ur in one on one combat, took Mugh at least 20 tries to nearly get him down. Still surprised he even got those bone leggings after that performance, heh.

Losing every single drinkee fest I was canidate for, heh. Although I don't remember any controversy about the whole Xug thing, I didn't even know there was any. To be honest, I was never heart broken when I lost those matches, I never really wanted to be Warboss in the first place, heh. I just had a lot of fun in them.

Ahhh, such wonderful times, there are more, but it's just too much to list.

Ug'skr

Character Skills: Smash!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shak'raks most memorable moment:

Being chased around the fort by an angry Gi'mar and Colv, shooting fireballs at me for 20 mins.
Can't remember why I made them mad, but one of the best memories by far.

Nek'raka- Throquat Wa'Ligz-r Catskills- MIA
Shak'rak - Last Blood Mojoka of Catskills- Deceased
Ug'skr- Sneeki'Maurk- Prahkug'Buurzum
Skrug - Womp'n Gruntee - An Corp
Slabtoof

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*snickers*

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember losing every Drinkie fest that I was canidate for, also. Man, that was a lot of Drinkie Fests...

Gi'mar hating was always fun. He'd randomly attack me and what not.
________
Mflb

Last edited by Vrok'Nuk on Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Grak'Shogum

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally winning drinkie fest and going to Italy half-way through my riegn, and having Karne and Gi (i think it was) cover my arse with a plotline, with me chiming in on the message boards from the internet cafe in Agropoli.

Grak'Shogim- Ma'Urk (UO Angel Island)
Grak'Shogum-Gruntee-UO An Corp
Gan'Tungi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheesh. I wish I could remember all of the good times in Shadowclan. I can think of a couple.

The one I thought of first was this one:

Trug and I were hanging out in the fort, and we started fighting (as per usual) and he got his ligz'r buddies (probably the aforementioned) and started chasing me. I think I ran around Yew for a good 30-40 minutes because the ligz'rs just wouldn't leave me alone. Every time I thought I had escaped, one of 'em comes running up and yells, "ERE IM IZ!" I curse ligz'r tracking, I curse it!

Getting tribed with Rug'Nuut (the beginning of a beautifully abuseful relationship, I miss that orc Sad )

The Undead/Shadowclan wars.
The Quattie/Ghaashie wars.
The incessant bickering between the Biters and the Ghaashies.
The fact that I could never kill Bohun.
The fact that Ur'Buurzghul and I fought every time we saw each other, and he usually won.
Giving my first gruntee test (which was for my grunt test, overseen by Grugluk).
Getting my Gu boots.
Being able to say I was around with Thunk'glug, G'Haarg, Gruggug, Stump'er, Grom'Slugga, and many more awesome old orcs.

I'm getting all depressed sitting here thinking about this...if I'm not careful, I may be re-activating my account soon. :shock:

EDIT: Karne and I burning Rome. I wish I still had the pictures...

Zig'Zug

Character Skills: *hic*

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

led me cee, hrm...
- on Igla'Zuk: being shown the ropes and taken to bah bah pens by quattie nob G$%*@# (forget name!).
- on Igla'Zuk: going on warboss raid led by Uglut with pretty much base creation abilities and actually being useful (krimping/healing).
- playing Zig'Zug as a runtee. Wasn't grunted for a while (ligzr activity down) so I got plenty of time as an older gruntee, pushing gruntees around behind grunt backs and winning buutkamp events. Hating ghaashie trips for runtees and hearing the same stories for months. Winning an orc mask and the controversy that ensued. Hanging with Xug and getting promoted by Gi'mar.
- trips to gagru shrine especially with feurks.
- on Igla'Zuk: Keelomping wood! Did this a lot and later won a wood chopping contest.
- being taught by biturs and clomping that buub.
- on Igla'Zuk: luskr duels with Rel, Shag, Eich, Nog, and all the gang. It really payed off in a few Warboss clomps where I did quite well (and got quite lucky hits in). Earned me a cycle or two as Shag's guard and a cycle as warboss.
- a dueling event with little equipment and restricted bandaids/arrows that included all bludlines. Made it to the championship match against Shag and did well (frustrating him with gagru tactics) until I ran out of arrows. At which point I managed, with Xug's help, to magically pull some arrows into my pack frustrating Shag further. "Wher lat git ligs!" or some such, good fun.
- on Igla'Zuk: as warboss, being handed magic weapons left and right ^^. Defending the fort later at night when not many orcs were on and getting more magic weapons...
- hanging out in the pee tub and teaching others (esp. Kul) it's secrets as a slightly older, crazier bitur.
- giving runtee tests.
- ranting Gi'mar.
- Fidgit's trips and general craziness.
- Pee vs Puke (although I think most orcs failed to understand it's philosophical importance, or at least the drunken ramblings I made up).
- fighting side by side with my good orc buddies.

Slabtoof

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
- a dueling event with little equipment and restricted bandaids/arrows that included all bludlines. Made it to the championship match against Shag and did well (frustrating him with gagru tactics) until I ran out of arrows. At which point I managed, with Xug's help, to magically pull some arrows into my pack frustrating Shag further. "Wher lat git ligs!" or some such, good fun.

Har har, I guess I'll never live that down. Embarassed

Character Skills: klompun grunteez

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gan'Tungi wrote:
...if I'm not careful, I may be re-activating my account soon. Shocked.....

*tries to imitate voices people hear in their head*

Dooooo iiiiiittttt.......doooooo iiittttt......
Wink

-Bluhg'nag Ghaashie Gu'Kigg'r *\\Retired//*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Catskills Skribbulz All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10

Jump to: