Shadowclan Main Page The Shadowclan Dark Moot

CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   CharactersCharacters   GroupsGroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Wed 14 Nov 2018
Thu 15 Nov 2018
Fri 16 Nov 2018
Sat 17 Nov 2018
Sun 18 Nov 2018
Mon 19 Nov 2018
Catskills History
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Catskills Skribbulz
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wudgub

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadowclan was the only thing that kept my UO account active for the majority of 62 months.

The first time I encountered shadowclan I was playing a mage named Ollie in Kingdom of Winterfell back when it was a populated guild before the Ventryn quest, before the land split, we were often raided by shadowclan and I was amazed at their play style. I picked up the language and made a lusk-r named wudgub during Ul'gala'ka's warboss reign. At that time gruntees were numerous and for one reason or the other I stopped playing, it was my first taste of shadowclan though, and my first time seeing some names that would later become good friends. Vulg'ruk was a gruntee with me and I remember seeing a young (tribeless I believe) zatush running around. After making a few more characters and playing with my RL friends I went back to shadowclan during throqu'matuurz reign and made wudgub the wompr. Gruntee life was tough, there were still lots of gruntees and gruntee hazing was a daily thing but it was fun and after I finally got my tribless boots I couldn't sleep that night.

I can't even begin to remember the good times I had in shadowclan or try to list them. I would go on for pages. Being warboss was great, being picked on by tribless Vrok'nuk, having Ur as my mentor, doing shame raids with shag, fighting zigzug and xugmuk in gruntee clomps (and winning har har), the list goes on and on.

I hope to see many of you in the future of shadowclan (WoW and beyond)
I'll be going on to WoW myself and hopefully staying there for a while.
No game will ever be like UO and nothing will be like catskills shadowclan but Gorbladz is right, instead of dwelling on the unchangeable my good times in shadowclan far outweigh my bad and Im glad to have been a part of the long strange trip of catskills shadowclan.

Thr'gash

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many fond memories for me from Shadowclan. This old timer remembers many good things and great rp from one and all. Heck, while playing my orc I met the woman I love online *smiles* Ironic isnt it?

Shadowclan will always have a special place in my mind as the best overall RP guild I have ever had the pleasure of being in.

Thank you one and all who made my experience so memorable.

Remember with pride: we were Shadowclan, the first, the best.

Thr'gash, founder of Kihagh

Gug'lub

Character Skills: 100.0 Healing, 98.9 Mining, 108.7 Mace Fighting, 100.0 Parry, 100.0 Tactics, 100.0 Hiding, 100.0 Anatomy.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ug der, Xug!!

"74. Gug'lub - Blood Moon Womp-R
Gug'lub became Warboss on December 16, 2003. His cycle was filled with intrigue and whispers in the shadows. Books written in black speech were scattered around areas orcs tred, and a mysterious spectre visited the fort with words of the Blood Usher, while orcs came flooding forth from caves and foreign lands. Bootcamps returned as a regular practice as Shadowclan flourished. The fort was often raided by humans, and the orcs took many trips to conquer Felucca Yew and Felucca Britain and the burnt scum therein.

75. Gug'lub - Blood Moon Womp-R
Gug'lub continued his reign as Warboss on January 11, 2004. His cycle started with an attack on the rebuilt Yew Abbey. The Yew Militia returned and rallied the reforming Byzantines and Romans for the cause. In an unfortunate defeat, the orcs regathered at the fort. Fort defense strengthened and became a prominent need again as the forces of the good streamed attacks at the fort."

Hey Xug.. not sure if you remember me but I was just looking back at the boards, and I noticed this history.. I will always look back with pride, upon the two special months that Shadowclan called me Warboss.. I remember the clan was slowly starting to slump into it's recession, and I tried my best to respark the interest that everyone once shared.. I was always on edge during my 2 month reign, specifically with the multiple appearances made by the spectre, and books written in "Black Speech." I felt everyone did their best to ensure that my experience as Warboss would be as fun as possible, and I am completely thankful for it. As the history above states, we managed to replace a small bit of the player base we lost, by recruiting countless amounts of new Gruntees, and re-implimenting the Bootcamp system.. But in the end, it wasn't good enough.. I just can't help but wish that we held on a bit longer..

Twisted Evil LUNG LIV DA SHADOWCLAN Twisted Evil

Karne

Character Skills: Irresistable good looks

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoooowah!

*searches for his srinkhulag*

Ethuk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice history there. Thanks for taking the time to put that up. Was just explaining to the wife about what a nerd I used to be as well lol.

I think the good times ended on Catskills for a lot of reasons. Lots of people moved on. EA was always changing the rules, I think a big enjoyment for me was the way we could interact with the humies. Each of our lives changed a lot too I'm sure.

It was certainly fun though and quite silly and amazing how many memories you can have from a video game.

Actually one critique would be if we could find any old screenshots. That would be cool to add to the history Wink.

Yakbarz

Character Skills: Skribbler 'n Hiztureen

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I wrote the vast majority of the history around 10 years ago now - boy time does fly!

Though I'm not "into" PvP, I greatly enjoyed the RP/PvP mold that Shadowclan-UO/Catskills created. Sadly, it will never exist again.

I'm playing LotRO for now, but I might dabble with WAR (if I an win a copy cheap on eBay!).

Cya 'round! Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Catskills Skribbulz All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: