Shadowclan Main Page The Shadowclan Dark Moot

CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   CharactersCharacters   GroupsGroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Wed 14 Nov 2018
Thu 15 Nov 2018
Fri 16 Nov 2018
Sat 17 Nov 2018
Sun 18 Nov 2018
Mon 19 Nov 2018
Membership update and hello's, what is everyone doing?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Catskills Skribbulz
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Karne

Character Skills: Irresistable good looks

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:41 pm    Post subject: Membership update and hello's, what is everyone doing? Reply with quote

Hey everybody! I was speaking with Havlig today, and I came up with the idea to go ahead and create another thread for us to look back on our fellow brothers and sisters from catskills. Im sure it's been awhile since most of us have spoken to one another, so why don't we go ahead and share what we are doing now. Game info, personal life, anything goes(within reason, I doubt anyone cares about your prince albert etc.)

Me? Well I've lived in Jacksonville, Florida for over a year now. Im in a deadend security guard job(protecting my fort) and plan to go back to college soon. I havent decided on what to major in yet, im leaning heavily toward sociology, and perhaps a minor in social work. I also have a girlfriend of 6+ months. Her name is Elizabeth, and we both love each other very much. We've started planning for our future together(she actually got me thinking about my future, and -wanting- to go back to college). I miss all of my friends in Georgia, and in Shadowclan. I've matured alot as a person(im sure a lot of you have). If I can get myself out of this lazy, dead end job of protecting this fort without any catapults, life will be perfect. Anyway everybody, I look forward to hearing what you doings.

-Karne-fathingycollector
BJC

Vrok'Nuk

Character Skills: Fencing, Healing, Hiding, stealth

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to a local community college and majoring in biology. I'm hoping to transfer to UGA at some point to finish a bachlors in biology. Ironically, I haven't had a girlfriend in 6 months. Har! Probably the biggest thing in my life is that, over the summer, I won a fight with testicular cancer. That is quite possibly the scariest time of my life. Monthly CAT scans suck, too. If you've never had a CATscan try and avoid it. The berrium(sp?) shakes are easily the worst tasting substance on Earth.
I'm currently in WoW with Shadowclan. I have plans to possibly join Shadowclan in the Loreplay server of Shadowbane and I'll definitely be there if/when we set up shop on an UO emulator server.
Good day ladies and gents.
-Vrok'Nuk
________
Honda Rc161

Last edited by Vrok'Nuk on Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kirsul

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's see here...
Since I played on Catskills, I've moved from Louisiana to Georgia, back to Louisiana, back to Georgia, then back to Louisiana. At which point I joined the United States Air Force. Went to San Antonio for Basic Training, Tech School at Keesler AFB in Biloxi MS, and wound up stationed at RAF Lakenheath in England, where I am today.

I've been here for about 9 months, enjoying it so far. England is a great place to visit, even for extended periods of time, but I'll be glad to move on once my 2 years is up.

Frug'Kog
-Former Thrak-Ghaash Namahk, Nob Guard (Catskills, Deceased)
Xug'muk

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear things have worked out for you Vrok.

No changes of import in my day to day life. Working, same ol, same ol.

Gamewise (ie all-encompassing distraction/obsession)? I'm over in WoW, on a PVE server playing alliance (I'm not a LOLapaladin though) - mainly rolling alts after alts it seems. Had a hunter with Shadowclan on Bleeding Hollow but it didn't click with me really.

I check the boards here every so often seeing if there's any SC plans for the next big thing - even went as far as downloading the SB trial in anticipation of the Loreplay server but realized I really wasn't interested in the game.

See ya'll in Darkfall (hah!)

Lud'rak

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finished my Masters in Writing in a year, so I'm now twenty one and trying to chill out a bit. Taking this year to travel the world (Tokyo in February!) and publish for a career in game writing (hopefully both non-fiction and fiction). I just published my first article in Gamasutra, so that's really exciting for me. I'm holding a couple of low maintenance jobs to afford traveling--Distribution Coordinator for Wisdom of the Elders (http://www.wisdomoftheelders) and Instructor for ITT Tech.

Wow, I accomplish a lot when I stay away from MMOGs. Ha! I've avoided getting into WoW or anything else, because I know it'll distract me right now.

Glad to know you guys are doing well!

- Beth

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Jenner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I told Bobby bob, I've spent the better part of these past few years being a coward and not doing anything with my life short of mooching and resenting myself. :D

But, just last year I started going to community college up here and I'm trying to get my associate of arts so I can transfer to a real college and promptly flunk out when I can't take the pressure... err, I mean, get a degree in Education and hopefully teach special education here. I'm hung up on a few issues and stressing a lot. I'm enjoying the challenge but I still wonder if I'm doing the right thing with my life. Looking for a sign. I've acquired a boyfriend and I'm half-heartedly faking a conversion to Catholicism so I can try to see eye-to-eye with him and not feel so hypocritical in our debates because I haven't even tried it.

I'm anxious a lot, and not sure if I can do this. I'm trying because there's nothing else I can do. I'm still alive, and I guess that's better then the alternative.

Vikk'mar, Howling Skulls Lusk'r, Catskills UO
Kuige'aluge, Pukeling Womp'r Catskills UO
Ack, Tala'Magru, Siege Perilous UO
Kuar Ravenholdt Hunter
Slabtoof

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UG - Shag here.

I've retired from WoW and am currently not sure what I want to play in the future.

I've graduated wiith a film degree and am currently working freelance in Orlando. I just wrapped working on Larry the Cable Guy: Health Inspector in the art department. I've been working infomercials and shorts for now. I have an interview with AirStar tomorrow (Monday) to be trained how to operate and build AirStar space lights (though I already know how).

That's about it, just looking to make some money out in this crazy industry.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still alive. Not dead yet. Working on building my pension early with my job, helping my fiance get through school and work. We love each other a lot and have much in common (makes things a hellova lot easier). Going to Japan in a year or so to live there for a while, that way she can finish her studies.

I played WoW for a bit, but quit after finding rogues were lame at end game. So for now I am trying to chill out, been Beta testing quite a bit with some games, but nothing really jumping out as outstanding.

Ug'skr

Character Skills: Smash!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys... lowly ol' Shak'rak / Nek'raka here.

Well, things didn't quite pan out with my art and art history major, so I dropped it. I'm now living in lively Barrie Ontario (Just north of Toronto). I'm still seeing the same girl I have been for the last 7 years and we're talking about getting married.

Turned 23 and started getting the -you must be a success- urge. So I'm learning as much as I can about one of my passions- Carpentry. Right now I'm working and gearing up to take over my dads business, which does the vast majority of the renovations for Starbucks Coffee across Ontario.

Been playing WoW on Bleeding Hollow as an undead Warlock. Didn't join up with SC due to the fact that my life is so busy right now, simply don't have the time to devote.

Im still waiting on the next UO.

Cheers everyone.

Nek'raka- Throquat Wa'Ligz-r Catskills- MIA
Shak'rak - Last Blood Mojoka of Catskills- Deceased
Ug'skr- Sneeki'Maurk- Prahkug'Buurzum
Skrug - Womp'n Gruntee - An Corp
Smyt Shadowclan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello there. Maybe some of you remember me.
Anyway, since my leaving of Ultima I graduated high school and I am now at MTSU with my major set as Music Production. Though with my interest in many other subjects I am sure it is going to change. I am not involved with any games right now, only a little counter-strike here and there. I am hoping to get involved with Shadowclan again in future games like Darkfall, though I'm sure nothing will compare to the Ultima experience. I have matured so much as a person since I was that 14-15 year old, being that I will be 19 in about a month and a half. I broke up with my last girlfriend about 2 months ago because I wanted to be open coming into college. I've spent my time playing drums for many bands in the local area, but none of them have taken off to anything major. Perhaps in the future I may be on MTV or something. I am also planning on doing DCI and WGI in these upcoming seasons playing the Quads. I have also made plans to finally get out of this country next spring break for the first time in my life. I am sure thes eplans will probably fall through though. Anyway it is good to hear that so many of you are doing ok, and I'm glad your doing great Vrok.

Nore'Gub

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

after catskills shadowclan i graduated high school and went straight to the wonderful world of warehousing, lifting boxes and operating forklifts under time limitsÖlame.

after two years of that i decided to move on to better things i.e. living at my mom's and spending all the money i made buying things on impulse...

after i was done with that, i had some money left, so my friends and i went traveling across the country with no goal, that was pretty sweet, we went to New York, Florida, and Louisiana, which was cool because i got to go to new Orleans and Baton Rouge a couple weeks before all that went down (which i can see why there was such damage, some of the neighborhoods we went through looked like they didn't even have electricity, let alone a TV or radio....places looked like shanty towns in some third world country).

a few days after i came back home is when the trouble started coming in, in letter form... turns out i didn't have as much money as i thought. With my bank account withdrawn, and bills still coming in, i had achieved a large amount of debt, so i did what any logical person would... ignored it. but that didn't last very long...

thatís when i decided to go through with the thing iíve wanted to since i was little, i joined The United States Marine Corps. i just got approved for my dream M.O.S. as a Combat Correspondent and i leave for boot camp on the 24th of this month. thatís three months of boot camp, then ten days off, then 26 weeks of journalism school, and then i get shipped to one of my three preferences. so iím getting paid to get physically fit, go to college, travel the world, and get any bills deferred until I get money.... sweetness

TrugOlig

Character Skills: Archery

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ďello poppets! Truggie here. Itís been awhile! I just graduated and am enjoying the wonderful life of post-high-school-syndrome (procrastination). My life is all over the placeóIíve been doing some random stuff as far as acting goes, Ďve been back and forth with various bands, and lots of other random fun-ness. I just started college and am still deciding on what I want to do with my life (possibly astronomy). Oh, and Iím engaged. My fiancť is studying to become an astrophysicist, so she has it a bit more together than I do. Yep, yep, good stuff.

Ciao!

Ekor Nhuk

Character Skills: Bubhosh!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Senior at engineering in PR, had a gf but she left for notre dame. she's a junior now - so Im still basically a man-whore for now until she comes back...ph, I saved alot of money on my car insurance with geico. ;)

-Nog'bu

Gul'Wur

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in the army at the moment. Will be ending my service next July, and after that prolly go to UN peacetroops for a year. After that: Take a few years off and travel the world some.

I'm still in the middle of my History Masters, prolly will never finish that.

Don't have much time to play anything really. This is the first time in a month I even visit the board!

Nice to see what all you pinkies have been up to. Keep on writing!

-Gul/Gre/NefNef

Lud'rak

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone have MySpace? Ehehehe.

- Beth

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Smyt Shadowclan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya whats yours?
Lud'rak

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look for /bethadillon

- Beth
P.S. This is so wrong! Heehee.

Hosh'Goth

Character Skills: People Skillz (eetin' demz)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For shame, Lud..

*adds her to myspace*

I have been working warehouse jobs, factory jobs, fast food jobs, freelance graphic work, etcetera since way back in the golden peetub moons. In the past three months I've been to Chicago, New York, and several cities in California basically seeing the country while I'm young. I met a girl on WoW a while back and we were talking over AIM basically 80 hours a week, and on the phone probably 40 hours a week as well. While in California we hung out for four or five days straight, sleeping in the back of peoples' cars, couches, park benches.. just living like vagrants for half a week. It was terribly fun and she is moving to Ohio to be my roommate in about two weeks.

*frap*

Zig'Zug

Character Skills: *hic*

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm currently pursuing my lifelong goal of personal enlightenment and search for true happiness, mostly by being a lazy bastard. Got my BS in Computer Science, but I don't think I'll use it just yet. Moved from New York to Florida and have spent the last 7 months working as a lifeguard while living with friends.

Gamewise I'm playing DotA for Warcraft 3 and Shadowbane.

Ekor Nhuk

Character Skills: Bubhosh!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hosh'Goth wrote:
For shame, Lud..

*adds her to myspace*

I have been working warehouse jobs, factory jobs, fast food jobs, freelance graphic work, etcetera since way back in the golden peetub moons. In the past three months I've been to Chicago, New York, and several cities in California basically seeing the country while I'm young. I met a girl on WoW a while back and we were talking over AIM basically 80 hours a week, and on the phone probably 40 hours a week as well. While in California we hung out for four or five days straight, sleeping in the back of peoples' cars, couches, park benches.. just living like vagrants for half a week. It was terribly fun and she is moving to Ohio to be my roommate in about two weeks.

*frap*

Sweet. I envy you. Razz

Karne

Character Skills: Irresistable good looks

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I turn 22 tommorow!

burp

Po'Kram

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Karne

ICQ - 550807863

Po'kran - UO/Catskills - Retired Bludmuun Wa'womp-r

Kra'nop - UO/Angel Island

Magellan - Die2Nite

Inigo Montoya - Salem
Gan'Tungi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well.

I did a year at Western Michigan University, no major as of yet. Spent the summer working for the city's Department of Public works and joined the U.S. Army Reserves On July 28th. Just got home from Basic Training two days ago and now I'm hangin around trying to get a part-time job to keep me busy until January, then it's back to school.

No breedurs to speak of, but then again maybe that's a good thing? Kind've in limbo with one right now, and there's another one that works at the local Sunglass Hut that I will definitely be following up on!

As far as MySpace, couldn't find you Lud!?

Shadowclan, Hooah (Yes, "hooah" not "hoowah", that's how we do it in the Army)!

Xug'gug

Character Skills: Zult-n, hiydin, fishin, blokin, taktugz, anatumy, heelin, fowcuzin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm at Yale majoring in applied math. My dorm is a whole 10 minutes from my house. I play on the club ultimate team and drink a lot... I don't have a girl friend though I do have a girl that I spend most of my time with and hook up with pretty frequently. That whole situation is pretty frog up... College is fun.

I have yet to put any computer games on my new computer. I'm sort of afraid that if i were to, I probably wouldn't pass any of my classes. I still check the SC boards every once in a while. HOOOOWAAH SHADOWCLAN!!!

Grak'Shogum

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a nutshell. Junior in college close to getting my degree in criminal justice and criminology and im thimking of picking up anoither degree in psych.
Will have had a girlfriend of 9 months tomorrow.
Making all A's except for the one C in spanish (right now).
Am toally less and less enthralled with the idea of being in my fraternity daily.
Have moved towards the reformed faith and study more about that in my free time.
I also have the best job in the world. I get paid $6.50 an hour to sit at the bottom of a university owned building and/or drive a golf cart around campus to escort ladies at night till 2 in the morning. I basically get free money handed to me. Very Happy

Grak'Shogim- Ma'Urk (UO Angel Island)
Grak'Shogum-Gruntee-UO An Corp
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Catskills Skribbulz All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: