Shadowclan Main Page The Shadowclan Dark Moot

CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   CharactersCharacters   GroupsGroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Tue 15 Oct 2019
Wed 16 Oct 2019
Thu 17 Oct 2019
Fri 18 Oct 2019
Sat 19 Oct 2019
Sun 20 Oct 2019
Petition to Switch to Vanu
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Emerald Shadow Company (Planetside)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vorgak

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Khasha'an wrote:
I haven't quite figured out the bombing modes.

What is the primary and secondary fire features?

Single Drops v. Full Payload Drop or what?

One is the cluster bomb mode, for killing infantry. The other is tank-buster mode, for blowing up armor/turrets/ect.

Khasha'an

Character Skills: Ghaka'ka fir'khanim

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vorgak wrote:
Khasha'an wrote:
I haven't quite figured out the bombing modes.

What is the primary and secondary fire features?

Single Drops v. Full Payload Drop or what?

One is the cluster bomb mode, for killing infantry. The other is tank-buster mode, for blowing up armor/turrets/ect.

Which one is which? Razz

K'Dahbruh
Old Admin
Old Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Khasha'an wrote:
Which one is which?

When you switch between them (right mouse click) it tells you in the text box which one you're now on.

Khasha'an

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

K'Dahbruh wrote:
Khasha'an wrote:
Which one is which?

When you switch between them (right mouse click) it tells you in the text box which one you're now on.

I usually forget about the chat box in battle; That's a good point. I get so focused on who I'm targeting I forget to even check if there have been any changes to the plans or what is even going on. Not that there'd be time to type a response, because by then I'd have been shot for being stationary for more than 2 seconds.

It's too bad I hate teamspeak so bad, I can see how it'd be useful in this game. And even help to immerse in the military atmosphere if people really used military call signs and signals and not dewdsp3ak or sophomoric insults and bad language.

Xorv

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

K'Dah I can appreciate what your trying to tell me, in fact other than the bragging to defeated foes there's an aspect of that in the way I play. If only to a degree. There's far more satisfaction from killing a Rexo with a knife than it is with an AI MAX for instance. However, this game isn't about one on one duels, it's a war zone. In any case there's just as much joy and many times more BEP from killing 5 Rexos with an AI max all at once than the one guy with a knife. Stronger equipment doesn't necessarilly mean less of a challange, but the opportunity to take on bigger challanges and still be successful.

I also really don't go around thinking I killed this player with X equipment to their Y equipment therefore I must be better than them, there's too many cirumstantial factors to account for even if this did matter, which it does not. Like I said really isn't any dueling in this game, it's certainly not meant for that, so no real point to thinking like that.

You also need to consider that you can challenge yourself in any empire by your personal selection of equipment. Any high BR player can also have the best equipment in any empire if they choose Air Cav/HA/AV/Med/Eng and get orbital strikes ontop of that. Unfortunately by going TR purely because they are the weakest your dragging many of our BR6 people down with you into an empire that doesn't favour them. So, my point is if you want to be challanged as an individual player you can do that anywhere, the reverse is not true for low BR players in TR. Unless they all follow your gaming philosophy, your being really unfair forcing it on them when you don't even need to in order to satisfy your own gaming needs.

Vorgak

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Khasha'an wrote:
Which one is which? Razz

The cluster bomb is the one with the circle within a circle, the tank-buster is a + inside of a circle. Wink

Khasha'an

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vorgak wrote:
Khasha'an wrote:
Which one is which? Razz

The cluster bomb is the one with the circle within a circle, the tank-buster is a + inside of a circle. Wink

Gotcha.

I really don't consider who I kill. All non-MAX infantry are easy enough to kill with the bolt driver even at BR1. I take pride in my ability to harass the enemy from long ranges and keep their infantry occupied ducking my shots rather than attacking our vehicles and soldiers.

Khasha'an

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another big factor for me is the maturity of the player base. If VS and NC are full of omgwtfbbqpwn d3wdz with foul mouths I am not interested in joining those factions.

I haven't seen too much swearing and foul language being flung around on TR so far, I wonder how VS and NC compare to TR on the level of player maturity.

Krugok

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Khasha'an wrote:
Another big factor for me is the maturity of the player base. If VS and NC are full of omgwtfbbqpwn d3wdz with foul mouths I am not interested in joining those factions.

I haven't seen too much swearing and foul language being flung around on TR so far, I wonder how VS and NC compare to TR on the level of player maturity.

Yes, I am sure that VS/NC empires are also going to have people that use foul language. And so will every other MMO you play, from now until the end of time. It's the nature of the beast.

You will NEVER find a MMO where 100% of the playerbase conforms to your standards. You need to recognize that your views/opinions do not reflect the vast majority of the gaming public.

Khasha'an

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I am saying is that when I put my vote in (if we even take a vote) I will be considering the D3wdiTe population as one of the factors I use to decide.

Krugok

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Khasha'an wrote:
All I am saying is that when I put my vote in (if we even take a vote) I will be considering the D3wdiTe population as one of the factors I use to decide.

All I'M saying is that you'll find the same types of players in each empire (and throughout MMOs in general). Since all empires will have these types, the point is moot when considering empires and not worth worrying about.

Also. The only time I see that alternating Caps stuff is people using it to label a group of players that don't actually use it. I wish you'd stop

Vorgak

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Khasha'an wrote:

VS hasn't been bad about the dewd usage and trashtalking. If anything they seem to be a bit more organized than TR was (from what I've seen). A lot of this is just trying to figure out which side is going to be more beneficial to reservists, as that seem to be what the bulk of our group is going to be at this point.

Khasha'an

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I've had a good time even with the energy weapons, but is it me, or do VS get steamrolled all the time?

I don't think I've seen a winning battle yet; Considering all the arguments about how powerful VS weapons are, does that mean that SC is the only organized outfit in the whole army, because a lot of those guys I see running around really aren't organized at all.

Vorgak

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've been in a lot of diversionary fights tonight. Before you logged in, we cleared a world out I believe. Some fights are won, some lost, it's just a matter of where we put ourselves. Wink

One thing to note about anyone fighting NC, they have more powerful weapons, and it seems to me at least that they come in astounding numbers. So it does seem we get steamrolled by them from time to time.

Xorv

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every empire gets steamrolled when its outnumbered and/or facing significantly better organisation. I don't think NC overall has better equipement than VS. NC has the best AI MAX, best BFR, and the best HA for tower fights and for soloing Rambo types. That's it I think.

Seeing us roll out the Magriders earlier today was nice, once we all get more skilled with those and the game in general, I can see us doing really well.

Vorgak

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which brings me to something I'd like to see us do. When we're doing vehicle runs, why don't we pair up our pilots and gunners, and keep them together. This'd help keep us from looking for new gunners all the time, and might help us regroup faster. The pilot/gunner teams could just respawn at the same point (they can work that part out themselves), and rendevous at the meetingpoint from there.
Xorv

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't always work Vorgak. Saturday night was it when we were all out in the Mags? There were at least two occasions when I was gunning for someone and they died and I didn't. Once when I was out repairing and an OS killed my Driver but not me, and the other when we all got out to take a tower. I thought we did fairly well with what we were doing. Not enough gunners, drivers can pull a Lightning, not enough Mag drivers, gunners can pull a Fury or whatever it is they use to get around when not gunning for someone else.

Wag'tuk

Character Skills: Clomping, eetin....clomping... uhh oh yub Clomping

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vorgak wrote:
Which brings me to something I'd like to see us do. When we're doing vehicle runs, why don't we pair up our pilots and gunners, and keep them together. This'd help keep us from looking for new gunners all the time, and might help us regroup faster. The pilot/gunner teams could just respawn at the same point (they can work that part out themselves), and rendevous at the meetingpoint from there.

In order to maintain integrity it is better if every single member of the squad "bonds" in one place (usually tech plant) so we can pull out vehicles and such.

The squad leader has the option of setting up a home base. Just go to the "Main terminal" and use it, you can see the options of setting up a home base, recall the squad or plattoon to the Sanct, and other options show up the higher your CR is.

As VS, we loose a lot of battles so getting CR points is hard. For instance last night on Ishundar against the Terrans we had a Gal drop in their Tech plant and we had the Gens down enough to turn the the battle around.

Wagtuk, MMHK X
Wagtuk, DFO X
Wagtuk, Travian X
Wagt tusk, EVE X
Wagtukum, VS, Planetside X
Wagtuk, Tusk, AI X
Wag'tuk, Warrior, WOW X
Eegtok, Combat medic Bossa, SWG X
Qef

Character Skills: Nope, still useless.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm telling ya, if we did spec op stuff we could turn a lot of battles, stay drop 5 or 6 gens and spawn tubes at a time behind enemy lines, the stuff that makes them send people to look see.

Kill the first scout, then they need to send more....failure to respond? drive those bases neutral....see how the respond then. Lots of tower hopping helps as well, anything that makes the cr 5 beg for a recon behind lines also helps break down their command structure, since half the CR5's are idiots and you can actually get them arguing over it, while all of NC or TR runs about doing the zergling zerg on the front.....ah to forment dissent...grand!

Xorv

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Qef Wrote:
I'm telling ya, if we did spec op stuff we could turn a lot of battles ...

As I have said before I like this kind of stuff, but I am completely against making it something that we do an entire outfit. You have to know what your doing to do the stuff your suggesting, and many of our new players are lost and confused half the time as it is. Also, the cloak suit may only cost 2 certs, but you need more than that to effectively play the role. In any case 2 points is a still a significant investment for a BR6.

I think that once we get a little more settled into the game, we divide people into Platoons (tribe equivelents not necessarily related to in game grouping). Each would have their own role and requirements. for example I would probably have three..

Armor Platoon (Min Req: Armor Assault 1 & 2)

Infantry Platoon (Min Req: Med Assault + at least one of HA, SA, AV, AI MAX, AV MAX, or Med & Eng)

Spec Opps Platoon (Min Req: cloak suit, ATV or Mosi, combat engineering or ADV Hacking)

Armor and infantry would pretty much always work together. Infantry acting as gunners when fighting outside, Armor filling the ranks of the infantry when indoors. However, each would give its members a clear idea of what their role in the outfit is. Spec opps, would be mostly alone or grouped with other spec opps doing the sort of things Qef brought up. Anyone, not fitting into any of these three Platoons would be a recruit, lowest rank in the outfit, and where brand new characters would start out.

Last edited by Xorv on Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total

Nocturne

Character Skills: MACE!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We tried to make a base neutral just now on hossin way in boondocks of NC land. We got it almost halfway before CR5's started dropping in to say hello.

But it was a good effort by 4 people. If we had maybe 8-10 we coulda easily done it...something we should try one day.

Noc- Planetside
Nocturne

Character Skills: MACE!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think you need to have infilitration and the likes to be special ops... if you wanted to go neutral a base one day like we just tried..hafta bring the big guns.

But special ops caN consist of tranporters going wasy behind the lines and infantry opting to do dirty work.

I like the idea of a Tank squad, air calvary squad, bomber squad and infantry...throw in an assasin Infil squad too..with CE sneakers- but special ops can be done by just about anyone..it's just the location and the deeds that make it 'special ops'.

ps- let's not forget the Thresher/buggie fast assault squad. WOOT Vorg + Thresher.

Noc- Planetside
Xorv

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Nocturne Wrote:
special ops can be done by just about anyone..it's just the location and the deeds that make it 'special ops'.

Good point, infiltration suit isn't needed in many circumstances to do this, but I wouldn't go as far as to say anyone. You need transport, the ability to fight competant players. Also, without ADV hacking and/or CE your going to be pretty limited in what you can do on your own as well. AMS wouldn't hurt, neither would the ability to change out into a MAX or well rounded infantry. Basically I'm saying it's not for new players or those limited to BR6.

Quote:
air calvary squad, bomber squad

Bah no Air Cav! An AA squad, now that might be something. Wink

Khasha'an

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then I propose we also put in two man sniper teams as one of the squad structures. I find sniping to be the most enjoyable part of the entire game. All the armor and infantry zergs are boring.

Vorgak

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see us drop snipers off before we do a charge, so they can pick off all the little enemies that decide they want to poke thier heads out and shoot at us. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Emerald Shadow Company (Planetside) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: