Shadowclan Main Page The Shadowclan Dark Moot

CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   CharactersCharacters   GroupsGroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Tue 13 Nov 2018
Wed 14 Nov 2018
Thu 15 Nov 2018
Fri 16 Nov 2018
Sat 17 Nov 2018
Sun 18 Nov 2018
TR MAX are really bad
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Emerald Shadow Company (Planetside)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Krul

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:07 pm    Post subject: TR MAX are really bad Reply with quote

That or they are supposed to die really easily. I have never in many trys been able to go 1v1 with other MAX units. They live, I die. period.

I have many other tales of woe.. Not to bore you but another night of folks, whom I get the jump on, owning me, has passed.
KDah you would love being a TR MAX guy.

Nocturne

Character Skills: MACE!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Consider TR Max's mobile Turrets.

The other max's are much better at assault than you. If your planted down (special ability B), and using the cycler..you will beat enemy max's that try to charge you, assuming they don't move out your field of fire.

Noc- Planetside
Krul

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does not matter, I will plant in a hallway on defense only to have enemy guys in mobile (not a max) armor dodge in and out of cover at the other end firing missiles at me. In about 3 hits Im dead, meanwhile they are not. This happens constantly.

Basically having to lock yourself into a position to get a good rate of fire = death most times.

K'Dahbruh
Old Admin
Old Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I agree, TR Maxes are much more of a challenge. Despite their rate of fire they don't seem to hit as hard, they can't jump/fly, and they have to lock down to use their special ability. It's an art to survive as a TR Max.

I use to be one all of the time. I loved it.

The only reason I wasn't doing it this time was because of my connection speed now. The TR Max is for hallway fighting. I can't hallway fight any more. By the time a hallway fight builds up, I'm lagged into next week. With my current connection I have to get out of there long before the fighting gets that intense.

I've found I can't snipe much either. Sniping is best in base attack or defense, when there's a target rich environment. I can't be there then either.

So, I'm stuck playing at the edges. Lightnings. AA Maxes. CE.

It's still fun, but I have to constantly watch my lag.

Kursech

Character Skills: really really good ones

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tend not to touch anything but the burster. I like the burster more than the other aa maxes too. But the mobility of the quasar and the defense + range of the scatmax is just so much better than the dc, and even after the damage boost I'm pretty sure I would never get in a pounder and seriously expect to do anything against armor.
Xorv

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burster is actually pretty good, there are times I would definately prefer it even over the Starfire. The other two TR MAXes are buckets of trash, locking down in the presence of the enemy, whether vehicles or AV infantry is a death sentence.

Krul

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would agree with that Xorv. I play 80% MAX units and am getting to the point where I have 2 deaths for every kill I make (pretty good IMO for a MAX unit).

The Burster is great AA if you can find a quiet spot near the action where you can gun from.

K'Dahbruh
Old Admin
Old Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was sitting on top of a tower yesterday in the Vanu AA max, and an NC Galaxy, flying high, dropped its load on my tower. I made the Gal run away (don't think I managed to kill it), and got one of the droppers before they killed me (AA sucks against infantry). I respawned in the bottom, jumped into the Anti-Infantry max, and headed up the stairs. They were coming down the stairs. I got one, two, three of them, but the tower turned blue between the second and third. I was left at 0 armor, half health.

I headed back downstairs and met one of them respawned as an AV max coming up. I didn't last long.

Xorv

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the AA MAXes, but especially the Startfire can dispatch infantry that aren't carrying AV with relative ease. Ok, so other than reservists every guy that bails out of a an aircraft usually has AV, but with practice you can still win with the Starfire, its just not easy when facing experienced players.

If it were changed that pilots had to wear a flight suit and couldn't carry heavy weaponry, I would say the AA MAXes would actually deserve a downgrade in their AI capabilities. As it is they ought to at least have a fighting chance against Bailers.

Kursech

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can sometimes take bailers with a starfire. Personal shield + good use of the jetpack and they're screwed if they don't have enough decis or can't switch them fast enough.
Krul

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats a decis?
Qef

Character Skills: Nope, still useless.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decimater the universal max killer, a dumbfire rocket tube.

AA max one on one with a bailer, doable....AA max vs a Gal drop.....pick your respawn point.

TR max now suck period, Burster is the only one with a remote value, in a game of AV infantry, lockdown is pure stuipidity, the whole concept needs to be re-thought for TR.

Krog Gug

Character Skills: *burp*

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love my pounder and do very well with it (ask laughed Very Happy )

My only problem is I plow through everyone (even my own team). Its pretty hard to hold back so i just kill everyone. I just have to be careful of my grief points.

Spooks ~ City Of Heroes
Krogo ~ SWG Kettemoore ~ Boss
Krugh ~ Shadowbane ~ Urikhan
Krogs ~ Daoc Mordred ~ Nob
Krog ~ Daoc Guin ~ Grunt
Krog'Gug ~ Ultima Online Throquat Grunt
Spook ~ Planetside
Zrug'Pug

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what do grief points even do?!

Lugnakh

Character Skills: Sleepin...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you get enough grief points you get weapon lock. Hasn't been a problem for me ever but then again I dont do plasma spam with the thumper in crowded hallways Wink

Xorv

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grief points aside, it's bad form to be killing or even injuring your fellow empire members if there's some way for to avoid doing it. Some players make stupid mistakes or are just plain stupid, and do things like move in front of you while your firing your weapon. Kill them and that's their fault in most circumstances, but don't be fireing spam weapons into friendlies just to get a few kills.

In addition to spam weapons if your driving a vehicle be very careful around infantry, like court yards and densely treed areas where infantry often fight outside. Not only can you accidently kill them, but by some weird quirk of Planetside they, not you get the grief points.

Also, the more grief points you have already the bigger the amount of grief points you will receive next time you get some.

Kursech

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sometimes spec for the thumper and start launching plasma everywhere for the xp, grief points be damned. Then I respec to something else around 700 and let it cool off for a few days.
Krog Gug

Character Skills: *burp*

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes they just have to die! If I'm in a hallway of a tower with a max and 4 enemy pop in, but then one of my own runs right in the middle of them I ain't gonna watch while he dances around with them. Because he is gonna die no matter what and they will probably get me to if I just sit there.

Better to let go and kill them all. The one death on my side is worth the 4 on their side.

I see people constantly run in the middle of enemy groups instead of staying back. So they get what they get.

Spooks ~ City Of Heroes
Krogo ~ SWG Kettemoore ~ Boss
Krugh ~ Shadowbane ~ Urikhan
Krogs ~ Daoc Mordred ~ Nob
Krog ~ Daoc Guin ~ Grunt
Krog'Gug ~ Ultima Online Throquat Grunt
Spook ~ Planetside
Khasha'an

Character Skills: Ghaka'ka fir'khanim

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, the advantages of sniping. I know exactly who I'm killing.

8 confirmed kills last night with my rifle. Oo-rah.

Qef

Character Skills: Nope, still useless.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Highest grief count I ever had was 300 points, after a two hour defense with a pounder back before they nerfed it.

But all those points came from eager beavers that think in terms like kill stealing, killcount and I am better cause I kill more. so I agree with Krog, if they are just to stupid to stay back, kill em.

Kursech

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I see people constantly run in the middle of enemy groups instead of staying back. So they get what they get.

Yep, happens all the time to me. Last night I'm blocking a hall with my lasher and a guy in a quasar against TR coming from the backdoor, and of course Rambo in agile with a pulsar has to run right in our line of fire and get mowed down by me. Then another one does it a few seconds later. Then another. And another.

Khasha'an

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happened to me too. We were taking over the TR base and I was tossing plasma grenades into the spawn room, and idiots kept running in before I had tossed all my grenades to clear the enemy.

Gurukk

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the time you're in the spawn area you want to run in there and disable their spawns as quickly as possible, not dangle around the outside.

I know it's frustrating to have people run in front of you but you gotta know when to stop sometimes.

Khasha'an

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gurukk wrote:
By the time you're in the spawn area you want to run in there and disable their spawns as quickly as possible, not dangle around the outside.

I know it's frustrating to have people run in front of you but you gotta know when to stop sometimes.

Run in and disable the spawns while they have like 5-10 guys in there watching the doors? I'd think grenades would be the first move to disorient or kill them. And it'll take a few grenades to clear the room. Two guys tossing 3 grenades each would do alright before we go charging in with a MAX unti and a Mini-chaingun.

I'd also like to say it is really cool fighting in a base where the power is going out. The flickering lights with just the emergency red/yellow give a good effect.

Gurukk

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Believe me, I understand fully what you're saying but you're just thinking too much. With an organized outfit taking a base solo, yes, that would be a good idea.

But with the soup of random people, reservists who don't know what they're doing, reservists who have learned the ropes, and organized outfits, throwing grenades in a situation like that is just asking for grief points.

Stick with the zerg.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Emerald Shadow Company (Planetside) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: