Shadowclan Main Page The Shadowclan Dark Moot

CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   CharactersCharacters   GroupsGroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Tue 15 Oct 2019
Wed 16 Oct 2019
Thu 17 Oct 2019
Fri 18 Oct 2019
Sat 19 Oct 2019
Sun 20 Oct 2019
Playtest on Test

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Emerald Shadow Company (Planetside)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Qef

Character Skills: Nope, still useless.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:35 pm    Post subject: Playtest on Test Reply with quote

Playtest -- March 31st, 2006 (Build 3.11.3) -- 3:00p Los Angeles / 6:00p New York / 11:00p UK

Battle Island: Desolation!

Objectives:

VS Objective: Force all of your enemies off of Desolation! VS will start with Dahaka
NC Objective: Force all of your enemies off of Desolation! NC will start with Izha
TR Objective: Force all of your enemies off of Desolation! TR will start with Jamshid
This will be an limited engagement scenario and the following rule applies: Stay on Desolation!
Added fun stuff: All 3 empires will have full module benefits!
TR will have NC vehicles!
NC will have VS vehicles!
VS will have TR vehicles!
If an empire gets too many players they will face VoidRage's aimed Meteor Strikes and his magical CUD of unlimited Orbital Strikes!
Changes to look for in 3.11.3:

Increased ESAV Damage by 40% against ground vehicles
Adjusted ESAV to score 50% more damage against a BFR than what they do against armor
Adjusted the Decimator to score 50% more damage against a BFR than what they do against armor
Doubled the AV damage that AV MAX Units score
Increased AV MAX damage against other MAX Units by 25%
Increased ES Buggy armor by about 40%
Increased Harasser armor by about 55%
Increased FV BFR armor by about 40%
Duration
1 - 1.5 hours
Notes

Players who intentionally fire upon other players or abuse the Orbital Strike during the cease fire at the end of the playtest will have their IDs sent to the CSRs for disciplinary action affecting your Live account
Instructions for getting into the Public Test Server can be found here
If you encounter a new bug, please use the in-game bug reporting tool via /bug.
If you crash to desktop (CTD), please restart the game and submit your crash log via the dialog box that appears when you restart the game. If a crash log wasn't generated, please let a QA Rep know that you had a CTD and what happened in-game just before the time of crash.
Thanks for helping out and we'll see you online!

Bragor
-
-

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are they removing the limits on the maximum number of people in a zone? If they do, will it become a lagfest?

Qef

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This pertains only to Play Test server as far as Population goes...and we suffered several meteor showers becuase of it.

The meat of what is being tested is...

Increased ESAV Damage by 40% against ground vehicles
Adjusted ESAV to score 50% more damage against a BFR than what they do against armor
Adjusted the Decimator to score 50% more damage against a BFR than what they do against armor
Doubled the AV damage that AV MAX Units score
Increased AV MAX damage against other MAX Units by 25%
Increased ES Buggy armor by about 40%
Increased Harasser armor by about 55%
Increased FV BFR armor by about 40%

ESAV = Empire Specific Anti-Vehicle (The Cert)

ES Buggy = Empire Specific Buggy - The Common Pool Stuff remains the same.

So in a nutshell ESAV is being upped 40% across the board against all vehicles (Aircraft not included). This will aid in combating those ATV and Harasser Nuts, as well as make AMS mowing less desirable.

ES Tanks are also gonna be a tad weaker, but some tweak in that department is to be made.

ES Buggies are getting a 40% increase in Armor to offset the 40% increase in ESAV damge. So now while a Skyguard will be easier to kill now, no change should be noticed on say a Thresher or Maruader.

Harasser gets 55% increase because they are simply too easy to kill periord.

ESAV and Decimaters, but not Max AV, gets a 50% increase in damge to BFR's, which in turn get a 40% increse in FV Armor. This is aimed at making AV the preferred Anti BFR tool, while giving the BFR a better chance against Reavers and Tanks.

As for AV Maxes, their net AV damge against vehicles will be doubled, theorectically this means they will be stronger than grunt AV, though in test, I found the Phoenix to out perform the NC Falcon Max.

Also as an antimax tool, the AV max will see a 25% damge increase vs other Maxes. This has been needed for some time, since AI maxes can go toe to toe with AV Maxes. However, after single handedly taking out a TR Cycler Max last night with 3 clips of Common Pool Pistol white ammo, I think Maxes are still gonna be weak on defense in a general brawl.

Qef

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What to expect immediately after this patch goes live.

There will be a general increase (is that even possible) in AV equiped Grunts on the Battlefield.

There will be an increase in BFR use on the Battlefield.

Initially there will be more AV maxes, but the AV grunts will curtail that quickly.

Buggy usage will also surge then die off in a hail of missles, mines, and BFR rounds.

Personal observation here? BFR and Stiker, Phoenix, Lancer got some real love....Life just got harder for the ATV, Buggy, Max crowd in general.

Also Phoenix and Striker, due to the nature of their use, probably will see a better upswing than the Lancer.

Since VS shines in the Vehicle and Air war department, while being slightly outmatched on the foot war, I also expect to see some more reservists switch sides, so we might also get and increase in targets Smile

Xorv

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything you said makes sense Qef, but I don't think things will get worse for MAX users. Nearly every paid account TR has AV already, as do a large portion of paid NC grunts. So, I don't expect to see an increase in AV use in indoor fights. There's no boost in AV damage against MAXes other than from AV MAXes so it should be roughly the same as I don't expect tons of players to go out and cert AV MAx that didn't already have it.

There will be more outdoor AV infantry than there is now, so that could make things a little tougher for Starfire users. Although my knife might get a to see some more action.

I guess that new cloaked air transport is not in the public tests yet, Phantasm or something?

Qef

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not yet, they only really admitted to be considering it recently.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Emerald Shadow Company (Planetside) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: