Shadowclan Main Page The Shadowclan Dark Moot

CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   CharactersCharacters   GroupsGroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Tue 15 Oct 2019
Wed 16 Oct 2019
Thu 17 Oct 2019
Fri 18 Oct 2019
Sat 19 Oct 2019
Sun 20 Oct 2019
Shortest lived branch ever?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Emerald Shadow Company (Planetside)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Krul

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 9:05 am    Post subject: Shortest lived branch ever? Reply with quote

Is this a record for decline? Most bad games seem to take a few months before we get down to 1-2 members on line durring prime.
Vorgak

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been working 8-12 hour days for the past couple of weeks. There's also final exams to think of, and things like moving, ect. I'd hazard a guess and say I'm not the only one with these issues......
Khasha'an

Character Skills: Ghaka'ka fir'khanim

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I help run a Kung Fu school at nights, and I teach high school kids all day. My only online time is on Saturdays, and I've been using those to catch on some sleep recently. I'm burning myself out trying to get these lazy students ready for the SOL exams coming up at the end of the month.

Xorv

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Is this a record for decline?

Um no I don't think so.

For starters like it has already been stated, this is a very busy time for some, college/university students especially. Also, I think most branches official or otherwise in SC that aren't hyped as the next UO do really poorly with numbers. The SoR branch we were down to five people in fairly short order, SWG I think I only ever saw two SCers before I decided to make another character and do my own thing. CoH/CoV when I played rarely had more than three people on at most times.

That said, I don't see our numbers jumping a whole bunch durring the Summer. Maybe a dozen or so core players, with a few very occasional visitors. It would take some major organisation, someone who can run good events with broad appeal to have this branch have an opportunity to really kick off in a big way. I don't think we have anyone like that right now. Hope I'm wrong on that one. Smile

Akru

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been busy, plus I did all that work to get my BFR just to find out that the VS BFR sucks and is nothing more then a target.
Krul

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need a good gunner Akru. I gunned for a good BFR pilot and with me as gunner we held off 3 Mosquitoes attacking us at the same time. The key is not thinking your invincible and knowing when to retreat and repair.
Krugok

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In addition to travelling a lot for work (I'm in New Jersey right now), Oblivion has been taking up most of my available gaming time recently

Xorv

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well this is a bit off topic, but I have to agree with Akru, the VS BFR does suck. Personally I think only the NC one is any good.

No offense to you Krul or your pilot friend, but just about every two man vehicle can hold off three mosquitos. I'm fairly sure any of the ES tanks could kill three Mosquitos long before they could kill the tank. Three Reavers would be another story.

Unless you want to play a damage sponge or enjoy the barf bag shaky ride that is the Vanu BFR, there's much better things to use for much less cert points.

Quote:
The key is not thinking your invincible and knowing when to retreat and repair.

Be sure to scratch that onto all our Magrider Pilot's dashboards. Wink

Krog Gug

Character Skills: *burp*

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just moved into my new place. So most of my stuff is still in boxes. Just got one of my computers and and hooked up, now for the rest.

BTW I hate moving!!!

COH we had like 6-7 people play for a bit almost every night. At least for a few weeks.

SWG we had a good group going for maybe the first month. 10-15 people at times. But then dwindled down as bugs in the game and just a general lack of things to do set in.

Spooks ~ City Of Heroes
Krogo ~ SWG Kettemoore ~ Boss
Krugh ~ Shadowbane ~ Urikhan
Krogs ~ Daoc Mordred ~ Nob
Krog ~ Daoc Guin ~ Grunt
Krog'Gug ~ Ultima Online Throquat Grunt
Spook ~ Planetside
Nocturne

Character Skills: MACE!!

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm seeing a good chunk of the planetside players over on EVE trying that out at the moment.

Noc- Planetside
K'Dahbruh
Old Admin
Old Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nocturne wrote:
I'm seeing a good chunk of the planetside players over on EVE trying that out at the moment.

Yep, for those willing to play a Sci-fi game (not everyone is, but our Planetside players are) and looking for more of a Sandbox type game where we can be more like Shadowclan, EVE Online works very well. We're building a real Shadowclan branch there, and having fun. It's a very deep game that you can't beat in a week, or a month, or even a year.

And, best of all, casual players build characters there just as quickly as obssessed players, and you can log on for half an hour, go mining, hunt a few pirates, run a mission, and then log back off. You can get things done without having to be in the game for hours.

Planetside is good for some FPS type fun. But we can really build something in EVE.

Khasha'an

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is EVE free?

Vulg

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a 2 week free trial.

WoW: Vulg, Retired Ghaashblud Nob
Shadowbane: Diahb Rhu'khan, Khal'usht
UO CATSKILLS: Vulg'Ruk, Rabid Howlin Skullz Womp'r
DAoC: Vulg Blakfist
Rakgru

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We killed our SB Vindication branch inside of 5 weeks.

Don't mess up my enjoyment of Friday this week by pointing out that it's only Wednesday
Khasha'an

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rakgru wrote:
We killed our SB Vindication branch inside of 5 weeks.

The game and RP-haters helped though. People just seemed unwilling to be Irekei, while some of us (including myself) are unwilling to be anything else.

There were too many visions of what we should have been; We needed a unifying vision and we did not have one, so we died.

My first Shadowclan character was Irekei, and I will always carry a little bit of that with me no matter where I go. At least I still have my stories where the Irekei ways can endure forever.

I do enjoy the raw brutality of the Orcs, however. Let's hope for some games in the future that offer us a much more malleable environment that we can shape into something that suits our style. Warhammer might be alright, but it seems there is a factional split already between Old School orcs and Revisionist orcs, which could turn out badly. Besides, it might end up just being WoW with different cover art on the box. Rolling Eyes

Xorv

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the consensus of the EVE trial players, are most going to take out a subscription, or can we expect some of them to return to Planetside after their two weeks is up?

EVE looks ok, but I scrateched it off my list of games to play a long time ago when I got an idea that its economy seemed fairly heavilly influenced by real world money.

Irekei were my favorite race to play in SC as well Khasha'an, although I think it's fair to say I was never enamored with them as much as you. I didn't return to play on Vindication, seemed like a lost cause. Sadly, I guess it was.

Bragor
-
-

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoyed, and still do play a bit of planetside.

But it doesn't feel like home because nothing about the game is persistent except your skills.

I get tired of all FPS games pretty quick, and this wasn't any exception.

Qef

Character Skills: Nope, still useless.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are other sandboxes available as well.... Cool

Xorv

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Bragor Wrote:
nothing about the game is persistent except your skills

This isn't true, you character's identity, merits, and the outfit he belongs to are all persistant. The towers, bases and continents that you help capture have impact beyond your play session, although due to the fast paced nature of Planetside and that there always seems to be people playing at any time of day or night, you accomplishments of the previous day can be completely gone by the time you play next.

I know what your trying to say, and I largely agree with you, but to say the only thing persistent in Planetside is your character skills is just flat out wrong. That it lacks an immersive quality and sand box feel of other MMOs, that I agree with.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Emerald Shadow Company (Planetside) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: