Shadowclan Main Page The Shadowclan Dark Moot

CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   CharactersCharacters   GroupsGroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Tue 12 Dec 2017
Wed 13 Dec 2017
Thu 14 Dec 2017
Fri 15 Dec 2017
Sat 16 Dec 2017
Sun 17 Dec 2017

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> LOTRO Skribbulz
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shreketh

Character Skills: Hamstringing Runners

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:28 am    Post subject: Avatar Submission Reply with quote

(I was looking through the avatar directory for something that fit my Warg for the LotR game section and came up empty. Since there is not a LotR set already I went ahead and made one. I poured through all three movies to come up with the best images to represent the different race/classes and I hope you enjoy/approve. I'm sure many others in that section would be very happy to make use of them.)

Reaver

Weaver

Blackarrow
(Only one sorry, there was only one Uruk-hai in the movie with a bow, though I could make two of the same character if desired.)

War Leader

Warg

(Again, hope you like.)
(Shreketh)

Khasha'an

Character Skills: Ghaka'ka fir'khanim

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Shekreth,

Use these too

Last edited by Khasha'an on Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:23 am; edited 2 times in total

Khasha'an

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, might want to use the FOrum Forum to submit this request.

Ri

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the work that you've done with these. I think that they're a refreshing addition to the overabundance of Warcraft icons that are already here. I have nothing against Warcraft, but we need more non-Warcraft icons. :)
Shreketh

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(I can certainly make those two images into icons as well, I ran across dozens of similar frames that looked nice but refrained since they are goblins, and not a playable race/class. They can always be added though, I was trying to be light on the submission though since I was unsure how many would be desired appreciated. Didn't want to flood the post and get turned down for it.

I'm at work and the moment with no access to photoshop but I'll add those when I get home tomorrow. As for posting it in a different forum area, I'll do that in a few. Paperwork rears it's ugly head at the moment.

Thanks for the suggestions/ideas.

I work in photoshop a lot and am more than willing to make further avatars if they are required/desired. It's fun for me.

Shreketh)

Girmluhk

Character Skills: Loud Mouth, Goofball, Cooking

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Make them fit the standard size we use (they probably already are!)

2. Sort them into the groups we already have set for avatars (orcs, elves, etc)

3. Find the filename (orc46.jpg, etc) and save each file such that it continues from the last ones name. So if the last picture in the orc group is orc88.jpg, make the first one and subsequent ones orc89.jpg, orc90.jpg.......

That will make it a lot easier for T'berog to want to add your stuff to the groups, as it is easy! :P

Do your best to keep the filesize down as well.

Ake

Character Skills: Level 60 Bellybutton Poker

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If hipjon gets the code we're currently using he can probably fix the forum so we can upload and specify our own forum icons.

I know this: if life is illusion, then I am no less an illusion, and being thus, the illusion is real to me. I live, I burn with life, I love, I slay, and am content.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Agoro

Character Skills: Green Mojo - har har har har har ...Wot wuz uz blahin bowt?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ake wrote:
If hipjon gets the code we're currently using he can probably fix the forum so we can upload and specify our own forum icons.

i 2'nd that

i thought we could a long long time ago n made one, then figured out they are select ones Embarassed

Any posts beyond this have been rendered useless.
Shreketh

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Girmluhk wrote:
1. Make them fit the standard size we use (they probably already are!)

2. Sort them into the groups we already have set for avatars (orcs, elves, etc)

3. Find the filename (orc46.jpg, etc) and save each file such that it continues from the last ones name. So if the last picture in the orc group is orc88.jpg, make the first one and subsequent ones orc89.jpg, orc90.jpg.......

That will make it a lot easier for T'berog to want to add your stuff to the groups, as it is easy! Razz

Do your best to keep the filesize down as well.

(Lets see...

1. "Ooops, I thought they were too until I rechecked, they are a touch larger I think. Not by much, but still. I'll have to try resizing them when I get home, though the complicated nature of many, the Weavers in particular, have me doubting how well they will downsize in terms of retaining quality.

2. Easily enough done- though I'm unsure where the Weavers and Wargs will fit into those categories. Since it is likely a new one would have to be made for either or, that is why I went ahead and just made it a LotR bundle. If creating new avatar categories is not a problem though, this is easily done. I'll re-order them on the forum forum submission.

3. I've hosted them on my ImageBucket, and I'm not sure how that works in terms of renaming. If I do so, will it correctly transfer, or will it give those long strings of code many saved images do? Like Img2223343623200. Renaming them from the bucket is easy enough, though again I'm unsure how exactly they would want me to transfer them.

I don't think the file size of any of them exceeded 17k. If they did, then it was by a solitary k or so.

Shreketh)

Shreketh

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Also, I know someone said "No more WoW icons!"

But, I do have these I made for a forum a long time back that no longer exists. I would likely have to resize them too- but if they are desired, you are welcome to them as well.

And one more that may suffice for Wargs, though it is a bit more cartoony in nature compared to the other LotR ones.

Shreketh)

Shreketh

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Khasha'an wrote:
Also, might want to use the FOrum Forum to submit this request.

(Also, it occurs to me I cannot seem to locate this Forum forum... am I blind or do I not yet have access?

Shreketh)

Gorgok

Character Skills: ----- Gorgok: Sneeki Wompr, Gurguk: Sneeki Kiggr, Ojomrog: Teefn Mojo, Budrog: Drumdum

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must join the group Forumites to see it. Joining should be instant.

Shreketh

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Fantastic, thank you. this should be very useful given that I am something of a forum whore.

Shreketh)

Gorgok

Character Skills: ----- Gorgok: Sneeki Wompr, Gurguk: Sneeki Kiggr, Ojomrog: Teefn Mojo, Budrog: Drumdum

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am slightly wondering why you (talk in parenthesis) all the time though... It seems rather odd.

Shreketh

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Old habit from an RP ring that was as stringent as it gets. All none role playing posts needed to have an ooc designation. I realize that is not the case here, but old habits die hard. I like to pepper even my normal posts with snippets of RP and this helps differentiate the two. Will likely be doing so once I become a little more comfortable with my surroundings. Sorry if it bothers you.

Shreketh)

Hugzug

Character Skills: Hosh stuff

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love more female orc/female style icons while we are in dream mode. Very Happy

I'd love some for makrs too!

Not all of us clomp all the time... some of us like to be sure ya'll are well dressed for battle and have full tummy's when heading out for clomp games with oomies. Wink

<----- troll (last edited by Khargug Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:49 pm)

Twitter

Facebook
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Zrug'Pug

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hugzug wrote:
I'd love more female orc/female style icons while we are in dream mode. Very Happy

I'd love some for makrs too!

Not all of us clomp all the time... some of us like to be sure ya'll are well dressed for battle and have full tummy's when heading out for clomp games with oomies. Wink

blah brought tu lat bi Khargugs Makr...

er..me meen...mayk me sum kuukies?

Severian

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did the last batch of orc avatars, which were from WoW. Like all the other avatars here I made them 64x64 pixel GIFs. Each one has to be under 10KB, but I don't recall running into a problem with that. Then I named them to follow in sequence from the existing ones, in my case they started from orc086.gif and went through orc124.gif, I did 38 total, from screenshots I took (all newbie orcs I created) and from the Blizzard media kit. A lot of work went into them, but part of that was learning as I was going, and I enjoyed it. Then I zipped up the set and e-mailed them directly to T'Berog.

A surprising amount of detail can be shown in 64x64 - I was really impressed how the combination of 3D models and light sources in WoW combined for very vivid details. The key step is handling the size reduction. Make that the absolutely last step after doing all your manipulation at the source size, only resize (with resampling) once, and you probably want to give it a final sharpen with Unsharp Mask after that. Good luck!

Khasha'an

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shreketh,

Could you actually make an avatar out this guy? I like him; He has character, and I'd like to use it for our next orcish adventure.

Shreketh

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Really sorry I have been so absent. This is the busiest time of the year for my profession and I have had little time to sleep much less play games. I may not have any real free time again until after November, so if anyone wants to take the icons and reformat them however you want, or use them for whatever you want, please feel free to as I regrettably do not have the time at the moment.

Again, sorry for the disappearance, I didn't expect things to get started this early into October.

Shreketh~)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> LOTRO Skribbulz All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: