Shadowclan Main Page The Shadowclan Dark Moot

CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   CharactersCharacters   GroupsGroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Mon 11 Dec 2017
Tue 12 Dec 2017
Wed 13 Dec 2017
Thu 14 Dec 2017
Fri 15 Dec 2017
Sat 16 Dec 2017
The real version of the fight at Tirith Rhaw

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> LOTRO Skribbulz
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kurghaash

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 5:31 am    Post subject: The real version of the fight at Tirith Rhaw Reply with quote

Just wanted to relate what really happened at TR the day Oseara and Gobblemoss (and Vrak you low down uruk scum!). It was a darn fine fight until the zerg horned in.

Oseara joined a raid that was defending TR hoping to have a shot at defeating or at least engaging Gobblemoss for the storyline to continue. I tracked and tracked but she never showed up through 2-3 successful defenses of TR from the creeps. Finally, while safely perched on the top front parapet, ready to fling arrows at any approaching orcs, Oseara got a track on Gobblemoss, so did every other hunter out there! Shows how much they respect our Gobblebug that they target her over any warg or other spider! They cried out in raid chat that Gobblemoss was on the north side of TR about to come around the corner. I watched the red dot approach then turn about and head back east to escape the horde of freeps about to descend upon her. I ran back to the east side of the keep and jumped off, spraining my little leg as I hit "SPLUT", god I hate that sound. Gobblemoss had successfully evaded her attackers and was running south behind the keep, just in range of my bow. I fired off some quick shots (the ones that slow 40%) and she turned to fight me! Gobblemoss came straight in to melee. I kept firing until she got in close then switched over to melee with the occasional bow shot when it refreshed. I cured the poisons she placed on me with skill or potion (hate being stunned for 10 seconds). Then Vrak, that sneaky BA, started plinking at me from range. I don't think he did much, as my ranged dodge is very good and I don't remember being set on fire at all! I flitted about to the side of Gobblemoss and then it hit, I think a burglar was first in on our poor bug, then more came around the corner and finished her off. Vrak then took off rather than risk being run down. He had his vengenace later tho, he and warg polished me off in the doorway to TR despite help from guards, I went down quick!

It was a lot of fun, but still, seeing the massive ranged DPS available to the freep zerg is just disheartening some times. I do wonder sometimes how we orcs manage to take down anyone out there or force our ways into keeps, it just justifies the use of trolls in my mind. And lets not mention the CC...

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to, and including his life."
Falast

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I almost had you in the back there! But you were evading quite a bit.

Falast minstrel extraordinaire
Norhath level 37 Captain
Tor'Kak1

Character Skills: Su meni me furgawd dem.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just you rats wait till you meet Tor with Gobblemoss. That will be a quick rat stew! Twisted Evil

Kurghaash

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BAH! Torkak translates as "meat on the table" to all the rats I know of...

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to, and including his life."
Tor'Kak1

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

har.

True story about last nights clomping.

Running past Tirith Rawh, I was gathering supplies to complete quests to get more maps.

Got ambushed by a Burgler. Ooooo! Fight!

Burg comes out of stealth, dazing me. (whatever trick it is they use to hold you immobile for 30 seconds)

No problem, been stunned before, just wait till this Burg feels my shouts and clomping.

Two more Burgs emerge from stealth, and join the first one in attacking me. Mind you, I still cannot move because of the stun. The moment I start moving and/or attacking, I am dazed again.

When the third daze hits, two more Burgs melt from the shadows and join the fray. As is obvious with a tactic of keeping ones target from being able to move or attack, I died.

So, as one can see. Burgs are not overpowered. It took 5 of them to bring Tor down. Wink

And I did get a screenshot of the ambush. I think I managed to get the one burg that started it all, down about 50% of his max Health. Twisted Evil

Edit: Forgot to mention, they used a Fellowship manuever on me as well. So, again, Burgs are not over powered. Took 5 of them, with a Fellowship Manuever, to clomp me. Very Happy

Kurghaash

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you get a time on how long it took? What? All of 10 seconds?

Tor'Kak1

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I think I survived a bit longer than that. I survived long enough, that when the first daze ended, I got off a Shout attack before they dazed me again. And when the second one ended, I got off my second shout attack (Have I told you lately how I enjoy the War Leaders Second Shout at Rank 5? Very nice!)

When they dazed me for the third and I think final time, it was perhaps 15 or 20 seconds since they attacked. I might have lasted all of 20 seconds. Very Happy

Gotta love 5 man (and I do think they were all Men) burg gank squads on solo Monsters. I hope they enjoyed the 3 or so infamy (or Freep version of Infamy) they most likely got from me.

Kurghaash

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say those were some pretty p*ss poor burglars... Unless they were holding you til the rest of their gank squad could get in range to benfit from the kill, 2 burglars is usually enough to take down any creep that has no escape. The interrupts alone can prevent any healing.

Tor'Kak1

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yup.

And it was weird.

The first Burg came out, and the second a split second later. But it was several seconds before two more showed up (maybe 3 seconds?) and another couple seconds for the last one to pop out.

I need to post that screenie I got. Was towards the end of the fight, but it shows all 5 of them around me.

I have been pretty far away from kills and still gotten the Infamy. I like to think the reason they used so many was because I was going to kill one of them if they didn't. Wink (probably not true, but leave me my dreams!)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> LOTRO Skribbulz All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: