Shadowclan Main Page The Shadowclan Dark Moot

CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   CharactersCharacters   GroupsGroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Thu 23 Nov 2017
Fri 24 Nov 2017
Sat 25 Nov 2017
Sun 26 Nov 2017
Mon 27 Nov 2017
Tue 28 Nov 2017
Black Orc Discussion
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Warhammer Online (WAR)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Azh
Old Admin

Character Skills: Grandmaster Grumpiness

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Black Orc Discussion Reply with quote

Official Black Orc Info

Black Orc Mastery Planner

Warhammer Alliance Black Orc Discussion Forum

Warhammer Vault Black Orc Guide

Last edited by Azh on Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:07 pm; edited 2 times in total

Gurbak

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A suggestion:

Use a 1-hand and shield at low ranks, i.e., below R25 or so. The 25% increase in dps with a 2-hander isn't worth losing the blocking bonus with the shield. You will be a lot tougher to kill with the shield.

At higher ranks when you have a decent amount of points in the Brawler line, then it starts to become worthwhile to use a 2-hander.

Kraak/Gazzat - Mordred - DAoC
Azh
Old Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Black Orc Discussion Thread Reply with quote

My plan with Azh is to stick with choppa and blocka, focusing on the Path of da Boss. I suspect most Black Orcs will be going down the two-handed Brawler path, so I wanted to try something differerent. And I'm hoping that the Boss path will allow me to provide extra synergy with the heavy bashers.

Vaskry

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lat kan blokr fur mih Azh! Smile

Mordred
Gartuk,Vulkry,Vwmra
Virkry, Vorkry,Vaask
Ector
Vazk, Vazgund
korrg

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm lookin at path of da toughest with some boss tossed in... 'course my brain is still thinkin in WoW mode so splitting trees my not be the best option, If I'm gonna get beat on, might as well be protecting a priest of Mork and Gork

Gan'Tungi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not gotten an orc over R10, but I've noticed that they don't really seem to do much for DPS. They have a lot of good debuffs (snares, armor debuffs, etc.) but, at least with the choppa/blokka combo in particular, their DPS is pretty lacking. Seems like the Chaos Chosen do a bit better.

Suggestions for early RR (R10/RR10) specs?

Azh
Old Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You dont get any mastery points until you get past Rank 10. Then you can spec into Brawler to dish out more damage.

One-hander and shield is not a very damaging combo. Black Orcs are more about toughness and getting in the face of their foes. But, using a decent two-hander, a Black Orc can dish out enough damage to make casters and healers run away. Two Black Orcs with two-handers can be a pretty scary combo.

Black Orcs wont do as much damage as the damage-focused meleers, but they trade that in for improved survivability.

Kurak

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

once you get 5-7ish points in brawler it really start to pick up when you get the tactic that buff da big slash.
Gurbak

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kurak wrote:
once you get 5-7ish points in brawler it really start to pick up when you get the tactic that buff da big slash.

Nerfed, unfortunately.

Oribal

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They will keep switching balance around for a long time. Best you pick a role, not a spec or class. Then try to get the most out of your role.

One of the toughest targets I've seen on low levels was a black orc.

Gurbak

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oribal wrote:
They will keep switching balance around for a long time. Best you pick a role, not a spec or class. Then try to get the most out of your role.

One of the toughest targets I've seen on low levels was a black orc.

I'm playing both a Black Orc and an Ironbreaker, and the difference is actually very noticeable. The IB is tougher AND kills things faster, at least at these low levels. This is largely because the IB has better low level skills (Toughness, Strength and armor buffs) and with the appropriate oathfriend can keep their grudges at 100 indefinitely, which makes the DoT attacks that much more powerful.

Black Orcs do get powerful later on, but they start slow.

Mudnik

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gurbak wrote:
Black Orcs do get powerful later on, but they start slow.

Dey lern slow tu.

Gurbak

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to see a discussion on strategies for the BO in a group PvP situation, given our all Greenskin limitations. For example, what should the Brawler-spec 2-hander BO's be doing compared to the more defensive-spec S/S orcs? Who should be rushing the enemy back lines and who should be helping to protect our gobbos? It may not be as obvious as you think.

Actually, maybe this needs to be on a private forum. Are we going to get those started up?

Gorgok

Character Skills: ----- Gorgok: Sneeki Wompr, Gurguk: Sneeki Kiggr, Ojomrog: Teefn Mojo, Budrog: Drumdum

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hold the line is wonderful. You can run your tank up to a choke point, whip that up and laugh away the pain, and because you can, the rest can too!

Snark

Character Skills: Makin slops wuf stunty bits and bits with dataliza

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:12 am    Post subject: Path of the Boss Reply with quote

Skarx was Great Axe/Path of the boss. Path of the Boss starts beautifully: immunity to detaunts, group armor buff, and the 3rd is a snare/disorient bonus to big swing. These are all nice in PVP.

In pve, Skarx also took advantage of the buffs/debuffs, particularly the weaponskill leach and the armor debuff.

He never really needed a shield. Definitely not in pvp. If we had collision, i.e. the enemy couldn't simply run through us, I'd probably get a nice shield. Instead, I focused on STR and tried to balance his wounds and tough. I never felt worried about being taken down, but sometimes fights seemed slow, especially if there were more than 2 things beating on him, so STR for speed.

One thought for the shield; if the shield reliably blocked magic, it'd be great for runs at the enemy's healer or to form a cover line. I didn't find the shield dependable for that, odd considering boars can block my shaman's waaagh. If you make a run at a healer and the group's worth a hoo, you will be gang tackled. You'd delay and distract them longer if that shield helped with the flood of blasting coming your way.

In pvp, knock, snare, scare, & interrupt. Knock kills if you're up high or if you can send em back to a pack of your friends. Don't forget your throwing axe has a huge boost in damage if thrown in the back when they're hurting. If you're going to guard someone, tell them. Then make sure you run back to them after you've been clomping. Save da runts. In general, be scary enough that they're stunned by your presence and wondering what to do with you. Even if it's spend a minute or 2 killing you.

Black Orcs are a big pile of, "What ya gonna do about it"

& stone bearer of Arag da klompd
Gork

Character Skills: Chop'n

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to discuss the fact that Black orcs are better than dum gobbos

Lurb
Yrch!
Yrch!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have rearranged my hotbars to use the PlanB mod:
http://war.curse.com/downloads/war-addons/details/planb.aspx

You still have to think about what you are going to use on each plan, but the chance of a fat-fingering failure is lessened.

Gorgok

Character Skills: ----- Gorgok: Sneeki Wompr, Gurguk: Sneeki Kiggr, Ojomrog: Teefn Mojo, Budrog: Drumdum

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked at that but thought that situational abilities would be harder to use then... like say you need a snare right now, but you are on the wrong stage. I suppose having it on all 3 stages would fix it...

Lurb
Yrch!
Yrch!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gorgok wrote:
I looked at that but thought that situational abilities would be harder to use then... like say you need a snare right now, but you are on the wrong stage. I suppose having it on all 3 stages would fix it...

I'm doing that right now.
But then I'm also using a G15 keyboard so i'll use the extra keys when things won't fit on every bar in higher ranks. For example I'll map the 4th bar to right control+ numbers, then the G-keys to do those right control combos in one keystroke.

Mlar

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gorgok wrote:

That works, but im using the standard 2 Hotbar UI. PlanB cycles through the 1st bar and on the 2nd (ALT+) i have most situational actions.
Taunt/Flee i do have on the 1st Bar , but assigned to the same key in all 3 stages.

This works a lot better than when i did not have PlanB, especially as i get more and more abilities.

Ganthar

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm starting to wonder if I picked the wrong class.

When fighting in PVE and PVP I'm constantly getting detoggled for my build ups. It doesn't matter what I'm fighting, I had a wolf detoggle my build up three times in a row yesterday. (My build up gets detoggled every fight)

In PVP it feels like I can't kill anything. All I can really do is chase things around trying to keep them snared while other people kill them.

I'm not saying the class is bad or anything... I can take a ton of punishment and stay standing, I'm just not sure it's the class for me as I'd like people to have some regard for the damage I'm dishing out. More and more I'm finding people just completely ignore me when a different target is around.

I think I would really like the choppa class if it was in. I think it would match my play style really well. Right now I'm leaning towards rerolling as a squigherder. I know it has it's own problems from what people are saying but I like the concept of the class. I could also do a Shaman but I've never been big on magic or healing classes.

How viable is the two hander build with Black Orcs? I could do that although I'm not sure the damage would be very good either.

I may just stick with my Black Orc until the Choppa class comes out... however who knows when that could be.

Meat is murder.

Tasty, tasty murder. Mmmmmm, I love it. In fact, I'm going to eat some beef right now. HOOWAH!
Buddermog

Character Skills: Chigun Goth

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2-hand works great for PVP, i am having no problems dropping most classes. The only one that gives me a tough time is a healing specced warrior priest.

The trick is to burst your DPS, ill stack my dot/debuff rotation, then if i have to fire off my AP regen and my Morale DoT, then just spam my main attack and usually anything will fall.

http://realmwar.warhammeronline.com/realmwar/CharacterInfo.war?id=46413&server=181

Ganthar

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have to find a good two handed weapon and give that a try? What level did you switch to the two hander at? I'm level 10 right now with a 14dps one handed weapon and a good off hand weapon.

Meat is murder.

Tasty, tasty murder. Mmmmmm, I love it. In fact, I'm going to eat some beef right now. HOOWAH!
Buurzgoth

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At level 10 is a good time - you can buy ~20 DPS 2 hander at renown merchant (think you need to have renown level 5).

Ganthar

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buurzgoth wrote:
At level 10 is a good time - you can buy ~20 DPS 2 hander at renown merchant (think you need to have renown level 5).

That's easy enough I've been keeping my REknown rank close to my current rank.

Meat is murder.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Warhammer Online (WAR) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: