Shadowclan Main Page The Shadowclan Dark Moot

CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   CharactersCharacters   GroupsGroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Tue 15 Oct 2019
Wed 16 Oct 2019
Thu 17 Oct 2019
Fri 18 Oct 2019
Sat 19 Oct 2019
Sun 20 Oct 2019
worth a try?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Emerald Shadow Company (Planetside)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kurdum

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:28 pm    Post subject: worth a try? Reply with quote

I'm in a new game mood but I'm out of new releases... I've never played planetside, is it worth trying at least once?
Khasha'an

Character Skills: Ghaka'ka fir'khanim

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on whether you get the game and play for free or have to pay. I played PS for a year when it was free, but I wouldn't pay to play it.

Kurdum

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eh. I'm used to paying 2-3 subscriptions at a time(the joys of single life Very Happy ) and I'm a little burnt out on normal MMOs. I didn't see any options for a free trial, but then, I was looking at it just before going to work.

EDIT: guess they have a 14 day trial. I'll try it out. if anyone still plays let me know!

Mohr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Planetside (PS) is definitely a fun game. I played it off and on for over 5 years. I quit a few months ago for Warhammer but there were still plenty of players around for good battles. Whats really nice about PS is you don't have to grind levels. Your weapon does the same amount of damage at Battle Rank (BR) 1 as it does at BR 25, so you can PvP right out of the box. Be sure to create your character on the North America server (Gemini). The European server is pretty much dead. They all rolled on Gemini when Emerald merged with Markov.

Azh
Old Admin

Character Skills: Grandmaster Grumpiness

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they made a mistale by discontinuing their Planetside Reserves system (this let players play for free but have limited access to skills). It was a very elegant way to keep population numbers steady (which is vital for a PvP game), as well as encourage new players to give it a try.

K'Dahbruh
Old Admin
Old Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Planetside is the best PvP in an MMO, so far, if there's enough population to make it a good fight. It's fun.

The problem with Planetside is that it lacks depth. Once you've defended or taken one base/tower/cave, you've done them all. The only option for something new is going back, getting a different weapon/armor/vehicle, and doing it again. Eventually you've used all the weapons/armor/vehicles, and you get bored.

Kurdum

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, 14 days was definitely enough for me to pretty much do everything possible, and after my trial was over I did not have any desire to pay for it. You get some really great fights, but not quite enough to keep me interested.

Also I admit that I like me my eye-candy, and the game's engine is pretty dated.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Emerald Shadow Company (Planetside) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: