Shadowclan Main Page The Shadowclan Dark Moot

CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   CharactersCharacters   GroupsGroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Wed 13 Dec 2017
Thu 14 Dec 2017
Fri 15 Dec 2017
Sat 16 Dec 2017
Sun 17 Dec 2017
Mon 18 Dec 2017
Shadowclan LOTRO RP/PvP Video

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> LOTRO Skribbulz
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gobblemoss

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:12 am    Post subject: Shadowclan LOTRO RP/PvP Video Reply with quote

I thought I would post this for the fun viewing of the general Shadowclan population.

This was a RP/PvP event that Shadowclan organized on Landroval server of Lord of the Rings Online for two nights around Halloween 2009. It involved about 4-5 months prep time, during which there was a RP storyline and it culminated in two nights of huge battles in the Monsterplay (PvM) zone of Ettenmoors.

Here is the event video, which was just posted today:

http://www.wegame.com/watch/The-Oathbreakers-Halloween-2009-LOTRO/

The almost-complete full RP story (pending the description of the final battle) is here. It is rather long but hopefully a fun read:

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=289148

A quick synopsis for those who don't want to or have time to read the fully story:

After the Fellowship crosses the Misty Mountains east, Sauron seeks revenge on the people of Bree. He sends a Nazgul with a two-pronged plan to raise the Oathbreakers - undead captains - to attack Bree whilst also summoning a horde of spiders to overrun Elrond's defenses in Ettenmoors (the PvM zone). However his plans for the undead are thwarted by a band of heroes. One of Sauron's chief agents falls in love with a Free Peoples spy and together they sacrifice themselves to stop the evil plot. The Free Peoples now control the Oathbreakers and they summon the Army of the Dead to lead a desperate relief force to Ettenmoors. A huge two-day battle ensues against the largest army of evil ever seen in Ettenmoors. The Free Peoples initially drive the Army of the Eye back, but in the end must themselves retreat. Losses are huge on both sides and it ends in a stalemate, with Sauron's Army victorious but so shaken by the slaughter they cannot pursue. The plans of the Enemy are thwarted momentarily, but at great cost. All eyes return again to the progress of the Fellowship. For although feats of arms can win time, only the Quest of the Ring brings hope.

Shadowclan also held an awards ceremony for orcs, wargs and spiders who fought well in the great battle. Some pics here - the last one shows our own Torkak getting the highest award - the Hand of Sauron - for not only getting the most kills of Free Peoples heroes but also causing the lag that almost crashed the server (heh, a necessary RP device):

http://forums.lotro.com/showpost.php?p=4167535&postcount=24

We had clan members on both sides organizing this. One part of SC spent many months organizing people to make Captain class characters on the Free Peoples side. This is the only class in the game that, once properly traited, can summon the Ghost pet you see in the videos. We had 12-14 of these Captains with Oathbreakers to roleplay the Army of the Dead, both for the PvE side (where we had once a week walks in town, a live RP event, and summoning ceremonies preceding events on both nights around Halloween). Another part of SC helped lead the spider horde, which included players coming over from other servers for the event.

Although it was a lot of work, it was a lot of fun seeing it all come together. Shadowclan has a good reputation on the server, although we are few in number, and people gave us tons of compliments for putting this on. To me, this reminded me of old Shadowclan days, when we would take what a game gave us, rework it into something no one had thought of, and combine RP and PvP in a new way.

Anyway, I hope any Shadowclan playing LOTRO come join our tribe on Landroval server.

PS - plans are afoot to use our Free Peoples side characters to hold another RP/PvM campaign in 2010. This will be called Axes of the Dwarves and involve Shadowclan members leading a clan of Dwarves bent on revenge as they seek to re-open an old mine and free it from the grip of evil. For information on this still-evolving scheme see:

http://www.shadowclan.org/darkmoot/viewtopic.php?t=52537

Last edited by Gobblemoss on Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:03 pm; edited 2 times in total

Grasknak

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gobblemoss, I just want to take a moment to say thank you for the dedication and outstanding example you are for Shadowclan.

Truly, thank you for being yourself and allowing me the pride I feel in having you as a member of this guild.

Grazzak

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grasknak wrote:
Gobblemoss, I just want to take a moment to say thank you for the dedication and outstanding example you are for Shadowclan.

Truly, thank you for being yourself and allowing me the pride I feel in having you as a member of this guild.

Well said and I fully agree and thanks Gobblemoss! Very Happy

Azh
Old Admin

Character Skills: Grandmaster Grumpiness

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Shadowclan LOTRO RP/PvP Video Reply with quote

Very cool!

K'Dahbruh
Old Admin
Old Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone suggested to the devs that they make Monster Play free, kind of like a trial account? I get the impression that they can always use more monsters to oppose the players, and most people, when playing monsters, will see the players coming in and out and want to be them.

And then there are a few like me, who want to play the Monster Play, but aren't willing to buy the game and pay a monthly subscription fee for a very limited version of the game, and I have very little interest in the Free Peoples play.

Gobblemoss

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:10 am    Post subject: Hmmmm Reply with quote

K'Dahbruh wrote:
Has anyone suggested to the devs that they make Monster Play free, kind of like a trial account? I get the impression that they can always use more monsters to oppose the players, and most people, when playing monsters, will see the players coming in and out and want to be them.

And then there are a few like me, who want to play the Monster Play, but aren't willing to buy the game and pay a monthly subscription fee for a very limited version of the game, and I have very little interest in the Free Peoples play.

The subject has come up before, although not recently. I don't think we have ever had a official Turbine response. Personally, I think it is a wonderful idea and also agree that there would be some people who, if they tried PvM for free, would be tempted to get full accounts to play the whole game.

Gobblemoss

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:17 am    Post subject: Hoowah Reply with quote

The video for the RP/PvP event Shadowclan helped organize made the LOTRO front page!

K'Dahbruh
Old Admin
Old Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Hoowah Reply with quote

Gobblemoss wrote:
The video for the RP/PvP event Shadowclan helped organize made the LOTRO front page!

Link?

Grish'Nakh

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=303377
Moogy
Old Admin

Character Skills: Klompin!!!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bubhosh work!

Excellent story telling, camera work and editing!

www.Skribbulz.com
Shadowclan movies, screenshots and more!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> LOTRO Skribbulz All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: