Shadowclan Main Page The Shadowclan Dark Moot

CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   CharactersCharacters   GroupsGroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Wed 22 Nov 2017
Thu 23 Nov 2017
Fri 24 Nov 2017
Sat 25 Nov 2017
Sun 26 Nov 2017
Mon 27 Nov 2017
So who is still playing?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Warhammer Online (WAR)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grubdug

Character Skills: Herbalism: 300, Mining:300, First Aid:300

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 10:06 am    Post subject: So who is still playing? Reply with quote

When I look on the Roster barely anyone except me logs on anymore. So maybe we should close this branch down and move it from "official" to casual status?

I'll keep playing for quite a while as I still find enjoyment in the casual nature of the game even if it is a theme park. Plus the new changes to city sieges are pretty good imho. MYthic is taking slow steps in the right directions...most likely too late but for now there's no other game I feel inclined to play or revisit.

Kurghaash

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still there, just not there very much. The next to the last straw for me was the requirement to run Scenarios over and over again to get the new weapons, then the credit card charges came tumbling in. Even though they were corrected, it still worried me greatly that it happened.

A bit of a beak may be in order for me to enjoy another game for awhile. LOTRO has always been my favorite game for its graphic beauty and storyline content. I have not been disappointed with the new releases they have made (Mines of Moria and Seige of Mirkwood), despite the complaints from the usual whiners on the forum boards. Plenty to do and experience and there is always PvMP against my favorite foe, Gorbag Rotmakr!

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to, and including his life."
Zashtuk

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am on almost every night, I still wake up Zashtuk now and again, but started a Zealot name Zashtyka and recently got her to 40. When I found myself as the only Shadowclan git on I found out that Honored Circle is a real cool bunch of people to hang out with.

In short, I have had this same though in my head as well, many times.

Ghaz'guk

Character Skills: Sarcasm and arguing

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job i read this forum now, although it isn't what i'd hoped to find.

My wife and i are playing WAR on Karak Norn (EU) and are in Da Blak Handz, the biggest greenskin rp guild on the EU servers, but lately the rp part has all but vanished. Names, chat, OOC chat, ...everything really is what you'd expect from a non-rp guild.

So we were considering closing our accounts and opening US ones to join SC. I guess that's not really an option now Sad

I don't think i want to play WAR if not in a rp guild so i'll probably just leave the game altogether. I can't find an mmo replacement though...

Mondior

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hail old friends.

I find myself playing Warhammer again on and off. Still can't totally give up DAOC. Qu'ellar Mithdrathir has been resurrected on Badlands, so say hi if you see us.

My Order toons are on Iron Rock, guildless. Mondior, Jonaas, Enkhidu are the toons I play most. See you all soon.

Bokai
Shaman
<Shadowclan>
Anglakhel

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mondior wrote:
Hail old friends.

I find myself playing Warhammer again on and off. Still can't totally give up DAOC. Qu'ellar Mithdrathir has been resurrected on Badlands, so say hi if you see us.

My Order toons are on Iron Rock, guildless. Mondior, Jonaas, Enkhidu are the toons I play most. See you all soon.

Wow.

Mondior around still.

My account is still open and Anglakhel is temporarily lodged in Sanguine Wild while I search for Lord Marthiarn who was temporarily invested with the stewardship of the Archons.

I've tried to jump back into WAR a couple of times, but struggling with MMOs. A few Archons are back on Badlands: Kostikh and Aeternis.

I've heardnthe RP is pretty dead though and that no one but Shadowclan has been making any effort to RP.

I still try to pop in and I may return to help an expedition exploring the Tomb of the Vulture Lord in the near future.

Coach:

The Ithrond Ironstars - Clomp!
Karond Kar Cauldronborne - PTBBL Season III Rookie Division Champion and PTBBL Champion. Holder of the Phoenix Crown.
Mondior

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anglahkhel! Good to hear from you.

Yes I'm still around. My partner and a handful of QMers are basically all the remain of Shadowclan in DAOC. I haven't seen much of my beloved Clan on Badlands, but QM lives again there, though play time is very much reduced. I miss my Kobo buddies from DAOC though we keep in touch via facebook. I've been leveling my Archmage on Iron Rock, along with a few other toons. Found an all Dwarf guild there called Grimnir's Fury- Very nice people, RP-Lite. I invite everyone to keep in touch.

You can find me on FB

www.facebook.com/jfgrasso

Bokai
Shaman
<Shadowclan>
Gorthag

Character Skills: Mining and Blacksmithing

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bah I cancelled my Sub a little while back, content got old and I could never get promoted cuz nobody was on when I was.

World of Warcraft: Gorthag - Ravenholdt
Kaluzu - Ravenholdt
Fendak - Raveholdt
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Raark

Character Skills: Skull crushing

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bleh me wuz konsidurin waykin mehsalf ub ahnd mebbe klomp sum stuntiez... /sigh

mebbe me jist wayk ub suun mebbe me jist be like ooo luuk ad mez me jist kasually awayk nuw....

skah!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Raark

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i am installing, new video card will be here the 19th... so yeah.

me wayk ub suun!

lets see how long it takes for total disappointment....

err nvm let me try and be postive Very Happy

Raark

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bah someone stole me name.

Raark

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow pretty dead :p

oh well I had fun in beta haha

Raark

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

meh..
canceled...

warband is so much more enthralling right now.

greevil

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raark wrote:
meh..
canceled...

warband is so much more enthralling right now.

For what it's worth, my regular gaming mates have been sort of cautiously raising mentions of WAR lately. I'm busy with a new job and a new city that have made my activity a little spotty even in currently committed projects, so I don't know that I'll be waking up again in WAR soon, but I suppose it's not completely outside the realm of possibility.

My take on WAR is that it's deadly dull if you have to play it by yourself, but huge fun if you have a band of mates you can clomp with regular, and if the enemy obligingly shows up at convenient times.

Gan'Tungi

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recent changes to ORvR now encourages you to fight in the face of overwhelming odds. You can receive 2x-4x more rewards depending on how badly you're outnumbered. So your group can take on a warband and get mad xp, rp, and loot.

Agoro

Character Skills: Green Mojo - har har har har har ...Wot wuz uz blahin bowt?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait is this game still worth maybe returning to perhaps at some point and giving it a possible second chance?

Any posts beyond this have been rendered useless.
Gan'Tungi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went ahead and resubbed just to see how things are going. Last night I was defending a keep against an Order zerg trying to stop us flipping the zone but it flipped literally moments before they killed the Lord. I got an entire XP level, an entire RP level, and a mad amount of influence thanks to a 200%+ XP bonuse for "Against All Odds". It goes up to 400% xp/rp/inf bonus, so solo hunting on my witch elf for stragglers can be very lucrative. T1 is still hopping thanks to Trial subs, too.

Grubdug

Character Skills: Herbalism: 300, Mining:300, First Aid:300

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gah. And I am still stuck on Crappy mobile phone internet connection for now.

I could be at RR 80 by now with all the mad bonuses. Of course they had to introduce them when I am moving to a new place and am stuck in oblivion.

BTW keep an eye on the roster. I think if the guild leader (me) doesnt log in for 30 days it automatically assigns the next one on the roster.

Gan'Tungi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My only Shadowclan 'toon is no longer in the guild for some reason, so I don't know who's got what.

Mondior

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With most of my old friends gone, I've started anew on Iron Rock (Order side). I'm playing there 90% of the time, but I'd dust off my Sorc if Shadowclan were going to get more active again. Our Dark Elf guild Qu'ellar Mithdrathir is still there. Any of you with Druchii are welcome. Slave races are also welcome, but confined to the lower ranks.

Bokai
Shaman
<Shadowclan>
Murgosch

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why on earth would anyone want to be confined to the lower ranks.. that sort of artificial construct only damages RP guilds, and is in no way "lore" if a Black Orc can bash your Black Guards face in with a blunt object, hes the leader of the baddies.. period.

This sort of thing always sees the premature death of the clans new ventures.. the idea that we need to handicap ourselves in order to be different.. meh.

Gan'Tungi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, Murgosch. Games which cannot hold the clan's interest is what causes the premature death of the clan. For as long as the clan has been alive we've been intentionally limiting ourselves and handicapping ourselves and we've always done fine, and in many cases excelled.

Even back in good old UO, we were fighting with ring tunics dropped from Orc Lords and weapons from similar origins against players in the best armor and weapons the game had to offer and winning.

Mondior

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Murgosch wrote:
Why on earth would anyone want to be confined to the lower ranks.. that sort of artificial construct only damages RP guilds, and is in no way "lore" if a Black Orc can bash your Black Guards face in with a blunt object, hes the leader of the baddies.. period.

This sort of thing always sees the premature death of the clans new ventures.. the idea that we need to handicap ourselves in order to be different.. meh.

1)Because it's consistent with the rules and theme of the guild; therefore, were someone to want to be part of the guild, they would necessarily want to conform to its rues.

2) the term "artificial construct" is meaningless to this topic.

3) Our hierarchy has never hurt our guild and is absolutely and completely consistent with "lore".

4) In my experience as a clan member, it's usually boredom with occasional malcontent that causes the most problems in a clan chapter. That being said, QM is not a chapter of SC; simply a friendly guild.

Bokai
Shaman
<Shadowclan>
greevil

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mondior wrote:
With most of my old friends gone, I've started anew on Iron Rock (Order side). I'm playing there 90% of the time, but I'd dust off my Sorc if Shadowclan were going to get more active again. Our Dark Elf guild Qu'ellar Mithdrathir is still there. Any of you with Druchii are welcome. Slave races are also welcome, but confined to the lower ranks.

A small XG group is active again in WAR on the Badlands server, playing low-level Greenskins. Speezbag (formerly Greevil) is still there, and so is the ever-hopeful Vleg, but I probably won't wake them up unless Shadowclanners are around.

Baelveg's on Badlands as well, and would welcome the chance to obey the Hand of Fate in the service of Qu'ellar Mithdrathir once again. (In other words, if any of the Druchii are about when Baelveg is available, give a shout if you have use for a Tier 2 Disciple).

Ruktar

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ug der Gits.

So is anyone still playing?

Me and the missus (and possibly my bro) are back in war, and I was wondering if there is anyone from the clan who can invite us?

Cheers Smile

Sleeping forever;
RukTar,NugTar,RagukTar - DAoC Mordred
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Warhammer Online (WAR) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: