Shadowclan Main Page The Shadowclan Dark Moot

CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   CharactersCharacters   GroupsGroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Fri 06 Dec 2019
Sat 07 Dec 2019
Sun 08 Dec 2019
Mon 09 Dec 2019
Tue 10 Dec 2019
Wed 11 Dec 2019
Neverwinter MMO
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Future Branch Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K'Dahbruh
Old Admin
Old Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Khasha'an wrote:
Is there any mechanic by which low level players and high level players can experience the same dungeon together? Or will we end up all split up due to leveling issues like we were in WoW?

I don't know. I haven't seen anything that allows us to do dungeons together at differing levels. We likely can't.

And that sucks, because I got into playing K'Dah a bit, and now he's 25th level. That's after I recreated him as a Guardian. Shocked

It's not a very guild-friendly game. GW2 is much better in about every way for that stuff.

Edit: Let me modify that a little bit. Any person can go into any dungeon at any level, with any group, I think. So, as a 25th level Guardian, I could group with y'all and go into the 13th level dungeon. I just don't know what would happen once we were in there. Would it just be really easy for me? Would it level up the dungeon and kill all of you? Would it lower my level? I don't know. We should try it and see.

K'Dahbruh
Old Admin
Old Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only see Khar and @wormychestnut in-game. Are any of the rest of you still playing?
Htak

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally got to level 15 today. I'm trying to find the clan now. Char's name is Htak Shadowclan
Grazzak

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

still playing but am casual

K'Dahbruh
Old Admin
Old Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't have to be level 15 to join a guild. I think you only have to be 15 if you're the 'contact' talking to the guild creation guy.
Kurdum

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

all the people in the group that's creating the guild has to be 15, after that it doesn't matter.
Htak

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm on and off frequently - not seeing anyone from this thread online when I check. I'm using the social window, find person search feature.
Folgrom Goresplasher

Character Skills: klompin

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm on pretty frequently, but I started out on Mindflayer. I created a character and Dragon a couple of days ago, but for some reason, forgot we were playing orcs. My halfling was level 9 before I remembered.
Htak

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else experiencing very slow download time when you try to start a Foundry Quest? In the upper right corner - I get a patching update note along with the transfer speed, which usually sits at 0 bytes/s. I also get a red message saying "server not responding (457.03s)" Did a quick google search and didn't find much on the subject.
Gorbag

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just decided to pop in here and see what's going on with SC and saw you were in Neverwinter! How are you guys liking the game? I have a 51 guardian (actually on Dragon shard) but would definitely roll an orc if there's a SC guild Very Happy Loved those times back in UO (which has a new MMO coming, not by EA, but by Garriot again).

- Gorbag Gro-Malog, Legate (ESO)
Htak

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really enjoying this game so far. So much so that I've sprung for the Founders Pack ($59 version). I'm playing the Guardian Fighter as my main and enjoy the survivability in PVP Domination matches - seems to make a difference (I'm 4 for 4 in wins).

I expect I'll be playing this when it goes live as well - let's get some groups going. My handle is @kramerzfl.

Gorbag

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just rolled a GWF as an orc but I'm not really feeling it to be honest. Plus the size of his body clips with his arms so I'm feeling I'm going to reroll him maybe. Does anyone have experience with GWF? Is it always bland or does it pick up and become interesting? If not I might roll a TR or DC (DC would be gimped but a fun RP regardless).

@vedrixsorio is my handle.

Gragarn

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I currently have a Tiefling Control Wizard & Half-Orc Rogue. I'm really enjoying Control Wizard. Blawharag and I have been doing tons and tons of PvP. Not sure I was really enjoying Rogue so don't know if I'll be joining Shadowclan, and the PvE in this game is pretty disgusting so I really have no motivation to reroll. The combat in this game is REALLY good, unfortunately I've only found it's true potential in the PvP of the game. I find Cryptic really doesn't make their PvE encounters match how awesome player combat is.

@noahjam325 is my handle.

-Garrinard, Elf Shadehunter (Archeage)
Battletag ID, Noahjam325#1446
Steam ID, Noahjam325
Gorbag

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. I'm still trying to decide Rogue or Cleric for my orc character... hard decision Razz

I found the PvE was pretty lame because it was too easy. That changed around level 45ish. Now it's almost impossible to do some solo quests, at least as GF, not enough damage.

K'Dahbruh
Old Admin
Old Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I play a guardian too, and somewhere around level 35 - 40 our damage drops in comparison to the mobs and all of the other classes, even if we have the best equipment for our class and level. It gets really tough to solo. I was joined up with a rogue yesterday and I'd watch him drop things 3 - 4 times as fast as I could.

Plus, our damage is so low, and our taunts not powerful enough, that in groups we have trouble keeping aggro - which is our job. Combine that with most of the boss mobs starting to get powers that ignore our shield (like the Wolflord in the wolf dungeon), and we start to become useless.

Guardians need serious balancing. Good thing it's still beta.

Gorbag

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

K'Dahbruh wrote:
Yep, I play a guardian too, and somewhere around level 35 - 40 our damage drops in comparison to the mobs and all of the other classes, even if we have the best equipment for our class and level. It gets really tough to solo. I was joined up with a rogue yesterday and I'd watch him drop things 3 - 4 times as fast as I could.

Plus, our damage is so low, and our taunts not powerful enough, that in groups we have trouble keeping aggro - which is our job. Combine that with most of the boss mobs starting to get powers that ignore our shield (like the Wolflord in the wolf dungeon), and we start to become useless.

Guardians need serious balancing. Good thing it's still beta.

Yeah. What I've found playing around is being specced all for defense is problematic right now. The threat generation of our abilities is not as effective as damage. After reading some discussions I've decided to go and try the Conqueror paragon feat path (though I think it's trash for survivability) it allows for more threat generation. Though at the expense of defenses. But it's only a slight boost. I find if my group gives me 5-6 seconds to build some agro I can hold it alright, single targets only :p

K'Dahbruh
Old Admin
Old Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, if you have the right group, you can work around the problems. That's one of the main reasons I was hoping we could put together a Shadowclan group.

Instead, I spend most of my time in Pick Up Groups, filled with idiots. I can keep aggro on a bunch of critters if I can get them lined up so that I'm hitting them all at once. Then they'll stay on me. Guardians have decent AoE attacks in melee.

But half of the CWs out there use one AoE spell on the group, and then run up and use another that throws the critters in all directions. They purposefully run up to do this. That sends the critters onto all of the other characters, including the cleric. If I run around collecting them again, they run up and bash them all away again.

If they do it in one encounter, I ask them to stop. Twice or three times, I quit the group and let them finish the dungeon without a tank.

K'Dahbruh
Old Admin
Old Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How close are we to getting 5 orcs on Dragon that are 15th level or higher and willing to help create the guild?
Gorbag

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problems with CWs.

I also hate how companions are useable in dungeons. It removes the challenge, but makes tanking harder because there's like 4 tank companions.

My orc is level 1-2 or I keep rerolling him because I don't like his body, etc. Going to go the odd path of a cleric (will be interesting to rp). I can throw my CW or guardian into your group to just help it form and you can boot me after (theyre humans). That is if you just need 1 more person.

I'm really busy these past few days so I haven't been on much but tonight I'm free so I'll grind out my orc.

K'Dahbruh
Old Admin
Old Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My hard drive failed a few days ago, so I'm not actually currently playing. I've got Win7 reinstalled on an SSD, but the OS, page file, and drivers take up most of the space, so I need to go buy another hard drive to fit my games back onto.

Hopefully, I'll have the hard drive today and have the game re-downloaded by tomorrow. Maybe.

Gorbag

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright sounds good.

Actually I had the exact same thing happen to me last August. 1TB harddrive that came with my comp died and was stuck with a 64GB SSD (dunno why its made that small or why it even came with my computer when I bought it). 64GB isn't even enough to Windows to be honest. Windows creates files of old version each time it updates and it just consumes more and more space, about 5GB a month.

Going to go play my orc a bit now before I head off to campus. I tried him as a slim body but it was too weird. Like his forearms were huge but his biceps were tiny. I really just hate the clipping being his back and his right arm, but I guess I'll have to live with it. Does anyone know of some cool items I can use to reskin my ugly cleric items. A priestly orc is not an orc. I need some "normal" looking armour Razz

K'Dahbruh
Old Admin
Old Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no way that I've found to make our orcs look orcish. They wear the same pretty armor as the humies/elves/dwarves and everyone else. Maybe someday they'll add other armor textures, but right now, they seem to mostly be the same shiny metal stuff.
Gorbag

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I've seen a lot of variation in the end-game. I know for a GF you have options of big bulky plate that shines, a more dull red armour (looks more like old UO studded but done up for nice graphics) and some spikey plate. Plus with the dyes we can make it look more Shadowclan like with black, red, and other earthy tones. I think the only one that always looks like a goody goody humie is priest sadly... I figured out the RP path I might go though since most of it is fire based DPS there's a good chance I might RP as a follower of Ghaashakh.

EDIT: I kept forgetting to mention even the guardian weapon has reskins. You can get a skull mace (though it operates like a sword so stabbing looks weird even though it has a spike on the end), and you can reskin as an axe too! Now the reskin stuff I've seen is on vendors or as drops and it is class specific so I guess I'll hopefully see some cool cleric stuff appearing soon. I should check the cosmetic vendor!

Gurbak

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been trying this out casually as well. I made a half-orc guardian initially, got him to level 9 and decided that something seemed off about the combat (I didn't like being rooted during the long cleave animation). So I have also started a half-orc CW and he is still very low (5 or 6 I think). I should have some more time to play over the next few days.

One question - is there a way to change skin color? My orcs are too light-skinned and I'm thinking that maybe I just missed that feature during creation. I would even re-roll to change skin color as my characters are not very far along. Plus I may delete the guardian to try out a rogue.

Kraak/Gazzat - Mordred - DAoC
Gorbag

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. I tried to find a greenish skin colour. When you pick your characters face, theres a button below that says "advanced," or something like that. Click that, that's where you can change all the options.

For me I set hair/facial hair to bald/none. I set complexion to rough, at the bottom is a little coloured rectangle, click that and then pick your skin colour. I chose the greenish one, it's in the bottom row near the middle. Can pick tattoos, scars, make your eyes bloodshot, whatever you like. You can also change the proportions or measurements for the parts of your character's face and body.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Future Branch Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: