Shadowclan Main Page The Shadowclan Dark Moot

CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   CharactersCharacters   GroupsGroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Thu 23 Nov 2017
Fri 24 Nov 2017
Sat 25 Nov 2017
Sun 26 Nov 2017
Mon 27 Nov 2017
Tue 28 Nov 2017
Zombie clearing for next game.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Turn-based Public Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Azh
Old Admin

Character Skills: Grandmaster Grumpiness

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggi wrote:
You talk about wasting AP and you two go out today for less than an hour, waste a bunch of zombies for no reason, and come back to give nothing to the bank but what you left with.

It wasn't for no reason. We were clearing two undepleted zones for searching (one of which is being searched right now as I type this).

Yes, unfortunately, we didn't find anything useful along the way and unfortunately the Pi-kea was already depleted.

So Baggi, are you the one who put in an in-game complaint against me for sabotaging expeditions?

Hin

Character Skills: Pie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no that was me just to raise tensions.
Ganthar

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we're going to do zombie clearing we did to do it for at least half the map or more. Any less than that and it's not worth our time.

Meat is murder.

Tasty, tasty murder. Mmmmmm, I love it. In fact, I'm going to eat some beef right now. HOOWAH!
watarg

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we're agreed then... no zoo unless we can zoo off half the map or more.

Baggi

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

watarg wrote:
I think we're agreed then... no zoo unless we can zoo off half the map or more.

And yet you go out every day and zombie clear, ever since we got Plumbing.

If we're going to agree on no zombie clearing, we should agree on no zombie clearing.

And Azh, I havn't complained against anyone.

watarg

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand your point:

2 people carrying guys to clear zombies so 10 people can go autoscavenge for 20 hrs with empty packs makes more sense than 12 people going out on short 10min expeditions.

What's your point?

As we said, zombie clearing gives us a 100% chance to clear areas that are replenished. Zombie zoo doesn't. Doesn't make sense to zombie zoo if we don't have a large enough zone to wall off. The default then is to clear areas replenished by the storm.

Ganthar

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ONe thing that is kind of interesting is if you look at our map we currently have a pseudo zombie zoo. Most zombies are concentrated to the north and we've kept the zombies in the south much weaker. However most of the storms have hit to the south which is what has caused this.

Also Zombie Zoo and Zombie clearing areas that are hit by storms are two different concepts and saying if you don't do one then you shouldn't do the other is rather silly.

Meat is murder.

Tasty, tasty murder. Mmmmmm, I love it. In fact, I'm going to eat some beef right now. HOOWAH!
Baggi

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

watarg wrote:
I don't understand your point:

2 people carrying guys to clear zombies so 10 people can go autoscavenge for 20 hrs with empty packs makes more sense than 12 people going out on short 10min expeditions.

What's your point?

As we said, zombie clearing gives us a 100% chance to clear areas that are replenished. Zombie zoo doesn't. Doesn't make sense to zombie zoo if we don't have a large enough zone to wall off. The default then is to clear areas replenished by the storm.

That's the dumbest thing ive ever read.

If 10 people want to go out and autoscavenge for the night, they can bring their own weapons to clear the area. They don't need two people to come out to up their zombie killing stats for 45 minutes and bring nothing back to town.

Ive never had to scavenge in a spot you cleared. Donkeyboy, Dritki, Khur and I bring out own weapons and clear our own areas.

Yesterday, you and Azh went out after everyone was already outside autoscavenging, not before. So your trip was 100 % pointless.

I can see though that i'm not going to convince you two of this though, so i'm not going to waste my breath on it any longer.

Gutlak

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've scavenged in spots Watarg cleared. He's right; if they clear a bunch of replenished zones so that scavengers don't have to carry a bunch of weapons more items come back to the town. As well with how fast zones get depleted if we don't have enough to choose from the auto scavengers are typically one to three searches in one area and then move to another zone.

Oesmiko: SWG
Dritki

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

unfair statement. alot of times when everything is depleted ill get close to town and scavange to get raw materials rite outside the town. so we have a supply close if needed. no sence going back to town after depleting the zones if i can get raw materials too. i got 24 hours. can always build the last hour. so its not a waste. I understand there are those who are way out to in depleted zones.. but it is usually cause there in a undepleted and went to slepp to come back 10 or so hours later. not there fault 8 or 9 others came through the zone piliagin while they sleep. so i dont think they are wasting ap. I understand you are conversating with baggi. if there is ways we are wasting ap lets talk about it and form a plan to do better this next town. I dont like the achievment thing personally. I think it takes away from the town being sucsesfull. i know i wanted to make my hut bigger, but i fought it off using the ap to build temp defences, even though it may very well be the last night. im not judging anyone just saying we should start lookin for, and talking better ways of cutting back on waste ap. we all want to good, that is normal for a bunch of nerds

Dritki

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gutlak wrote:
I've scavenged in spots Watarg cleared. He's right; if they clear a bunch of replenished zones so that scavengers don't have to carry a bunch of weapons more items come back to the town. As well with how fast zones get depleted if we don't have enough to choose from the auto scavengers are typically one to three searches in one area and then move to another zone.

agreed. maybe one way as sugested earlier is to have preformed groups so folks dont hit the same spots. get groups that are assighned scavaging. say group 1 takes care of farthest zones. group 2 closest. something to that effect to be more efficiant. of course some sections of zones are alot smaller then others. Yes in early days of the town we needed to bring lots back.. but toward the end here we had only specific things that were worth wild bringing back, which in turn made room for weapons too. lets brainstorm on some ideas here and try them out next town

watarg

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you think I kill zombies for stats, then you can't be more wrong. I've already got the achieve and would rather be out scavenging for the glory.

Hoowah me! Me gots cidur! Me gots nuts! Me gots lots of junk!

The reason I do go out to zombie clear is because lots of people can't afford to arrange an expedition to get into the 18 zombie zones to clear like you Dritki, Khur and Donkey do. For everyone else, which is the other 10 people, we make way for them to scavenge.

As for the trip with me and Azh, sure you had come in by the time Azh got his food to come out. However, at the start of the trip, there were still 8 people out scavenging with only 1 undepleted area out there. We also had a lot of posts to indicate exactly which areas we were clearing. We cleared out 2, but you had come in already knowing we were waiting for Azh's bank to refresh to come out. Luckily, Mate, Phyresis and others made good use of it.

I should know better than to argue with Baggi, I'll leave things at that. If you want to zombie zoo in the next game, go ahead. I don't plan on trying to zoo unless we can zoo a large portion of the map.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Turn-based Public Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: