Shadowclan Main Page The Shadowclan Dark Moot

CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   CharactersCharacters   GroupsGroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Mon 10 Dec 2018
Tue 11 Dec 2018
Wed 12 Dec 2018
Thu 13 Dec 2018
Fri 14 Dec 2018
Sat 15 Dec 2018
Base Plans

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Xsyon
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zahblug

Character Skills: Shivs

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:44 pm    Post subject: Base Plans Reply with quote

So I was thinking we should talk about our plans for our main base.
I'd like to call it Fort Washington and talk about it as our capital and such.

I cleared away all the rocks so now we will actually be able to terraform and build buildings.

We should have one person working on architecture, so they will get all the skill gains, I would suggest someone with architecture at 25, and a recipe for an easy to make wall. (one that does not require logs) Before we used the branch barricade, it was wider then the other walls but cheap to make and let us run out of our fort from the inside which was nice.

Now I remember hearing something about tents helping prevent container decay? Does anyone know whether or not that is true? If it is we will probably want relatively large tents with lots of storage baskets inside, one for each major trade and supply type.

Also what do we want to do about terraforming? The simplest thing would be to just flatten the area and build up walls for defenses. Although we could add a ditch and high earthen wall on top of that.

Azh
Old Admin

Character Skills: Grandmaster Grumpiness

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a diggin' my ditch goshdarnit!

Zahblug

Character Skills: Shivs

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we want to do the branch barricade walls on top, they are relatively wide. Will probably need to dig the ditch twice as high as the walls are tall to fit all the dirt up there. Also Azh you started to use the Z axis monitor to get a level surface for your trenches and wall? Will be important to have a level surface to build on.

Sic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I re-rolled and went with Architecture as my craft. I have some decent recipes so far.

The trench work done so far, I really hate to say, is useless. Half of the tribal area is on an incline, and before we do anything of note, we need to level the entire area to make it even. I've tinkered with building outside, on, and within the trench and dirt wall on the north side, and it's not even.

The west side of camp near the junk pile has a small rolling incline that needs evened out too. I helped another clanny clear out the major stones in camp last night, so we're good on that.

We really need to hold off on any sort of major terraforming efforts until the clan area is surfaced correctly, otherwise we're just playing in the dirt.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Xsyon All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: