Shadowclan Main Page The Shadowclan Dark Moot

CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   CharactersCharacters   GroupsGroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Thu 12 Dec 2019
Fri 13 Dec 2019
Sat 14 Dec 2019
Sun 15 Dec 2019
Mon 16 Dec 2019
Tue 17 Dec 2019
Archeage
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Future Branch Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Velgamog

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crapola !! hope you can get this resolved budders...

Gragarn

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buddermog wrote:
So the game patched, launched and crashed. The tech help forums say its my driver, so I went through the process of installing older versions but its just not working.

Nvidia has this thing called PhysX that seems to be the problem, but I even went as far as uninstalling just that portion and it still crashes on load! arrrgh!

Hrm, that's odd? I had some issues with another game that required me to reinstall PhysX but Archeage hasn't been giving me any trouble.

I also just wanted to clarify that trade packs will last 6 days on the ground. Not 6 hours. You can't place trade packs down while swimming as far as I know. I haven't actually tried swimming to the bottom of the ocean to try, but I don't believe you can. As Reitsuka said it has to be placed on "solid ground." Also just some more information that's important for trade packs. If you have a farm cart/wagon (vehicle that carries trade packs) or a merchant ship/galleon (large ships that carry trade packs) can not be despawned if they are carrying trade packs, and yo can't "pull" trade packs out of the slots of a cart/merchant ship/galleon you don't own. So if you attack a player's merchant ship that's loaded with trade packs then you have to blow up the ship and all of the packs sink to the bottom of the ocean where you can collect them.

-Garrinard, Elf Shadehunter (Archeage)
Battletag ID, Noahjam325#1446
Steam ID, Noahjam325
Guunzfub

Character Skills: Ahar!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Becoming a pirate would alienate you to the rest of the server. You would be with a handful of other players unable to go anywhere without being attacked. Pirates have their own small island and that's about it.

Oh and I play on Tahyang. I've got a 50 nuian but I do not see myself playing with Shadowclan there.

Gungru --- SWtor Bounty hunter
Goh'ruk gro-Svar - ESO Hundred
Rakgru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just started on Tuhang as an elf, but I'm not certain I like the visual aspects of the world. Will give it more of a try over the weekend.

Don't mess up my enjoyment of Friday this week by pointing out that it's only Wednesday
Velgamog

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guunzfub wrote:
Becoming a pirate would alienate you to the rest of the server. You would be with a handful of other players unable to go anywhere without being attacked. Pirates have their own small island and that's about it.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.... Ive always been all about PvP, so this sounds like a blast !

But Ma.... I wanna be a pirate!

Reitsuka

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For comparison, this is a sea folk NPC:

Velgamog

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tahyang maintenance is the messer-upper of my fun times ...

So...who else is still pissed about jon leaving gamegrumps ?

Reitsuka

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, if it wasn't that Shadowclanners were playing on the server, I'd probably be on a different one. Here's some pictures of a ruined old fort up on Bear Mountain in the first area you get to passed the racial areas in the Western faction. I think it could be a good place to recruit and base out of. It's protected from PvP, has plenty of room for short term farming, and is well enough out of the way of quests and general traffic, but still very reachable. It still gets enough traffic that I wouldn't recommend any kind of expensive, long duration farming, but I've completed short term or minimal investment farming like grapes and flowers without too much trouble. Some of my grapes went missing, but I still had plenty. I tried 100 pine trees though and someone came and uprooted every one of them which was expensive. He only ended up getting a 12 minute jail sentence and it cost me 1000 labor and 20 gold. So, don't do that.

Otherwise, I think it's swell. Disregard the guild title. I got a random invite while trading and figured it was in my best interest not to refuse.

Last edited by Reitsuka on Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:43 am; edited 2 times in total
Reitsuka

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another picture from the highest point I can reach on the tower that shows the bay it overlooks. The fort is completely abandoned and is only decoration.

Velgamog

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

....and just what would we do all day inside a fort that cant get attacked ?

Chalk it up to unpreparedness/indecision.... but this is one of the worst branch launches Ive ever seen.

Can I get a list of people other than Grot and Budder who are interested in joining my band of firran / warborn pirates ?

Grazzak

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Velgamog wrote:
Chalk it up to unpreparedness/indecision.... but this is one of the worst branch launches Ive ever seen.

...or you could chalk it up to Archeage not even being a branch launch.

I don't think this ever had the intentions of being a branch launch. I took all of the SC talk as being more of a way for some SC to get together.

So take a breath and organize a proper launch if that is what you want to do.

Reitsuka

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do light farming? Base things out of? Anyway you shake it, we don't really have the manpower to sustain any kind of permanent location against say, for instance, Oran Thul, which has some massive thousand man clan or something dedicated to being the biggest fish in our small pond. Or even the Somali Coast Guard which while smaller is still a very large and hostile guild. Say we muster a group of twenty orcs or maybe even forty with say twenty playing during prime time hours. We're going to have a lot of level spread and we're going to be extremely outnumbered. So it'd be ideal to have a communal location where we can do grunting ceremonies and boot camp and lineups for whatever without worrying about getting rolled by some zerg we aren't even in the same league as. Or, you know, just sit around while we plan things. Like a meeting place. It's close to the water and to one end of the island so it's convenient for maximizing trading runs or whatever. It being located in a low level area means anyone can reach it. High level characters can get wherever they need to be in sort order, but low level characters have a hard time getting to high level areas because of the aggressive mobs, players, or because they lack timely modes of transportation.

Not to mention there isn't any land left and I think a ruined fort is a whole lot more thematic than a thatched farm house. Assuming all our members can't get 300 gilda for a marine house each since those are the only spots I know of left and would make sense if we did Merfolk.

Anyhow, I don't think there's been any launching. Just a little discussion about options. All in all, shadowclan seems less than enthused because of a lack of goals and general appeal. I thought Gobble's merfolk idea seemed charming and popular. It sort of harkens back to our methods in UO assuming the role of an unplayable race despite all the barriers to it. There are a number of people who seemed turned off by playing Firran either because of their lore or because of the cute, furry, cat people thing. So I think you need a spin if you're going to sell Firran and like, why doing that is better than doing merfolk or even just orcs? Orcs would be very simple.

In the end, I'd just like a bunch of people to play with and give me a reason to keep logging in after I hit the level cap. Which is going to be relatively soon, I imagine. I think this game has flown a bit under the radar for us, but it's probably the most fun I've had in a game since the first months of WoW. A lot of the neat things they added like the ability to have people ride on your mount with you or crew ships is kind of lost on me at the moment because I'm usually by myself, but I still think those things are swell and a nice change of pace from games that would rather you crew your own ship either because of the complexity involved or because some people have trouble finding people to play with.

I need someone to man the cannon on my clipper and keep me company sailing around the world, so it'd be terribly appreciated if we not bicker and instead work to find some kind of maximum benefit scenario.

Velgamog

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grazzak wrote:

So take a breath and organize a proper launch if that is what you want to do.

This is precisely what Im attempting to do.

Forgive my bluntness. I know I come across as rude sometimes, but those who know me well know its just my passion for the possibility of shadowclan on a good platform, which I honestly do believe AA presents us with here.

Rakgru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Branch launches usually demonstrate a lot more thought, research, and collaboration than seen here so far.

I'd say you're at the research stage as there isn't an agreed upon path forward and there's still uncertainty on what the focus will be.

You also need to work on the collaboration as several times I've seen the door shut on people with alternate ideas.

That's not to say there couldn't be a branch taking off, but there's work to be done beforehand.

Don't mess up my enjoyment of Friday this week by pointing out that it's only Wednesday
Reitsuka

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it might also be fun to consider making shadowplay a required skill tree for any organized shadowclan effort on the basis that it unlocks the stealth skill and shouldn't impose any great hardship on anyone because of the game's flexibility. A good number of very solid or top tier builds are reliant on shadowplay as well. It'd limit us to 34 possible classes, but help give us more of a communal identity and some support for the name.

Darkrunner (battlerage/auramancy)
Outrider (battlerage/archery)
Shadowblade (battlerage/witchcraft)
Hellweaver (battlerage/sorcery)
Executioner (battlerage/occultism)
Blade dancer (battlerage/songcraft)

Blighter (defense/battlerage)
Nightblade (defense/auramancy)
Death Warden (defense/vitalism)
Cavestalker (defense/witchcraft)
Dreadnaught (defense/occultism)
Dreadnaught (defense/occultism)
Archivist (defense/songcraft)

Daggerspell (sorcery/witchcraft)
Reaper (sorcery/occultism)
Enigmatist sorcery/aurmancy)
Swifstone (sorcery/defense)
Animist (sorcery/vitalism)
Elegist (sorcery/songcraft)

Shroudmaster (occultism/witchcraft)
Nocturne (occultism/songcraft)

Eidolon (auramancy/witchcraft)
Planeshifter (auramancy/occultism)
Jackknife (auramancy/songcraft)

Primeval (archery/auramancy)
Stone Arrow (archery/defense)
Shadehunter (archery/occultism)
Ebonsong (archery/songcraft)
Ranger (archery/vitalism)
Trickster (archery/witchcraft)

Confessor (vitalism/songcraft)
Soothsayer (vitalism/auramancy)
Assassin (vitalism/witchcraft)
Vulgarist (vitalism/occultism)

Solistic Singer (songcraft/witchcraft)

Gurbak

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a character on Tahyang (20ish Firran), but haven't played him since Day 2 of the f2P launch. I have been playing on Lucius and have invested a lot of time in leveling and building up a house/farm, so it's unlikely that I will play on an alt. This game isn't alt-friendly for those with limited free time, particularly since there is a common pool of labor for the account.

Kraak/Gazzat - Mordred - DAoC
Velgamog

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what's your firran's name ?

Also, how do I check my friends list ?

If you dislike the process of leveling up again, I would suggest putting more gameplay into the firran if you want to roll with the mogs here. So far Grot and I are liking it and plan to be here for a while. Once this initial launch-hump is overcome I can foresee a steady growth....but right now we really need all the help we can get !

Reitsuka

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's actually moderately alt friendly especially compared to a lot of games because you can furnish your alt with crafting supplies to level it instead of grinding conventionally.

That labor pool also cuts both ways. There's a leveling strategy (touted to be the fastest and most efficient) that relies on the fact you can use all of your alts to quaff worker's compensation tonics for +1,000 labor. Normally they have a 12 hour cooldown, but you're spreading that cooldown between several characters. There's also a potion available in the marketplace that doubles the XP gained from crafting. Besides that, you get double the labor while logged in so playing an alt that doesn't spend much or any labor can be used to store extra labor up for a crafter.

Mailing items across servers won't work, but the rest should.

Gurbak

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time is the main issue. I only have a couple of hours to play on most days and there just isn't enough time for more than one character. I am already heavily invested in my Firran on Lucius (same name and class as my original Firran on Tahyang), with a thatched farmhouse and large scarecrow placed in Windscour. I have been helping the guild I joined with mats for a galley and tonight we will do our first big guild trade run to try to get enough gildas to purchase the galley plans. Unfortunately SC did not have enough of an interest or plan back at launch to start a branch when characters were first being created. I wasn't even sure that I was going to play at the time and tried it first as f2P on a server that I could actually log into in a reasonable amount of time.

Velgamog

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as you can help us get a guild contract...that would be great ! Once we get this we can start fleshing ourselves out here.

Gurbak

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can certainly log into my Firran on Tahyang to help you start a guild. Just set up a time.

This game is turning out to be a lot of fun, even with its minor issues. My guild on Lucius did our first big guild trade run last night and it went off pretty smoothly. We had about 6-7 clippers and maybe 25 people, most with trade packs, and we sailed from Villanelle to the turn-in at Freedich. The guild leader turned in most of the packs for a nice haul of gildas, which will go toward purchase of a galleon. This is the first game in a long time (probably since SB or DAoC) that I actually have that edge-of-the-seat feeling while playing. It's great once you get past the mediocre questing.

Velgamog

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hit lvl 33 last night and my available quests are leading me back to lower level zones.... anyone know where I should go questing at this point ?

Shocked Shocked Shocked

Also what is the quickest mode of transport between zones? It takes me like a half hour to ride from one zone to the other, only to find out that's not where I should be....

Reitsuka

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The quickest transport is opening a portal, but it means you have to make or buy hereafter stones because each portal costs 1. A hereafter stone stack costs 50 labor, 3 stone blocks, and 1 blue salt wedge. There're three hereafter stones in a stack. Besides that, I find gliding and carriages to be pretty swift. I haven't tried riding the airship, but I hear you can glide off of that.

I pretty much hate that 2 minute duration thing they stuck on gliding. Especially since it just closes up your glider and lets you fall to your death instead of landing or dropping a parachute or inflicting some kind of turbulence affect.

Velgamog

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx ! but where am I supposed to goooo ? What zone is preferable for 30 - 35 ? The map / questing system does not do very well to show what progress you've made or where you should be heading

Gurbak

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the quest system does a pretty decent job of leading you around. PvP zones start at 30ish. Here's a Leveling Guide.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Future Branch Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: