Shadowclan Main Page The Shadowclan Dark Moot

CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   CharactersCharacters   GroupsGroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Tue 18 Sep 2018
Wed 19 Sep 2018
Thu 20 Sep 2018
Fri 21 Sep 2018
Sat 22 Sep 2018
Sun 23 Sep 2018
*ignore, problem solved* Display issues:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Computers etc.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xigig

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:40 am    Post subject: *ignore, problem solved* Display issues: Reply with quote

*Edit: First step should be to make sure ALL cables and connections are firmly in place.

*slaps self*

Have an approx 3-4 yr old HP WalMart clearance special PC w/ onboard graphics & flatscreen monitor (LCD?). Just a few minutes ago I started getting the following issue:

Basically everything has a "shadow" behind it and/or is starting to stretch to the right of the screen. I'm curious as to if this is a Monitor issue or a GPU issue. If it's just the monitor, that's fine, I'll purchase another on the cheap. I "factory reset" the Monitor, and reset GPU settings to default and am still having the same issue. I have gotten my money out of it and it's been in constant use over the years between gaming, browsing, and using it as a screen to watch Netflix and Hulu on. It's tolerable at this point, but I think it's actually gotten worse just over the past 30 mins or so. Sad

HELB!

Ganthar

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The funny part is that screen shot doesn't show the shadows that you were talking about. I'm glad you were able to figure it out the issue though. Cool

Meat is murder.

Tasty, tasty murder. Mmmmmm, I love it. In fact, I'm going to eat some beef right now. HOOWAH!
Xigig

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ganthar wrote:
The funny part is that screen shot doesn't show the shadows that you were talking about. I'm glad you were able to figure it out the issue though. Cool

Me too. All I did to "fix" my issue was slide the tower out a bit in order to check everything out. Glanced over and did a double take b/c the "problem" was already fixed, the plug was just in a bind due to the tower having been pushed back against the wall just a bit.

HOOWAH CHEEP FIX'Z!

Xigig

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ganthar wrote:

Me too. All I did to "fix" my issue was slide the tower out a bit in order to check everything out. Glanced over and did a double take b/c the "problem" was already fixed, the plug was just in a bind due to the tower having been pushed back against the wall just a bit.

HOOWAH CHEEP FIX'Z!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Computers etc. All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: