Shadowclan Main Page The Shadowclan Dark Moot

CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   CharactersCharacters   GroupsGroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Thu 23 Nov 2017
Fri 24 Nov 2017
Sat 25 Nov 2017
Sun 26 Nov 2017
Mon 27 Nov 2017
Tue 28 Nov 2017
Shroud of the Avatar
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Future Branch Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
T'berog
Old Admin
Old Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gorbag wrote:

There's no orcs though :/ We'd have to figure out a different way. But this game really feels like it'll be UO2.

No orc NPCs or orc helmets?

Ziglag

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:04 pm    Post subject: Kobold Helmet Reply with quote

I have not seen any orcs in the game at all. Not even as NPCs.

For an extra $10 you can get a Kobold helmet from the addon store:

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=9085#tab-wearables

Could do Shadow Clan Kobolds.

T'berog
Old Admin
Old Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for tracking down the answer to that question. Could be a fun possibility.
Khargug
Clan Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time to start the fundraiser for kobold helmets! Start sending all your kubs door to door to demand tribute!

Shadowclan Discord server
Gorbag

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really should hop back in game since they aren't wiping the servers any more.

Maybe there's other costume ideas that don't cost $10. Not like $10 breaks the bank but it's not really something you can require of a member to purchase :/

- Gorbag Gro-Malog, Legate (ESO)
Grish'Nakh

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe we should appeal to the devs and see if they can add in Orc/goblin masks. Somebody there has got to be familiar with Shadowclan! Mr. Green

LOTRO - Grishnaakh (Creep)
LOTRO - Sarkaa (Freep)
T'berog
Old Admin
Old Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those who have played or are very familiar with the game (there is so much info on their website, hard to efficiently get a grasp on it all), is there anything Shadowclan needs to do now while some of the pledges are still open?
Ziglag

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grish'Nakh wrote:
Maybe we should appeal to the devs and see if they can add in Orc/goblin masks. Somebody there has got to be familiar with Shadowclan! Mr. Green

I would think so, the game is very well designed for the way the clan plays. They have Kobold style houses available as well. It would be possible to setup a fully functioning city where even the way the buildings look is thematic.
https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=9085#tab-homes

T'berog wrote:
For those who have played or are very familiar with the game (there is so much info on their website, hard to efficiently get a grasp on it all), is there anything Shadowclan needs to do now while some of the pledges are still open?

SOTA has zone instances. So you have the overworld map you can walk across to different towns and then enter the zone for that town. SOTA also allows you to buy and place player run towns. If we could get a town I think we should. Once we place a town we own it and can control who places what inside the town so it would be easy to build a fully functioning Shadow Clan town and enforce the theme.

Higher level pledges have the advantage of tax free vendor and property deeds. Normal in game property deeds will require taxes to be paid for upkeep.[/url]

Ziglag

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gorbag wrote:
I really should hop back in game since they aren't wiping the servers any more.

Maybe there's other costume ideas that don't cost $10. Not like $10 breaks the bank but it's not really something you can require of a member to purchase :/

Yeah, I don't like requiring members to spend extra money but if it is determined that it is the best option is is only a one time $10 (or a little less if ppl pitch in to buy kobold helmet bundles at a discount) There is no monthly to fee either.

The only other alternatives that I have seen is we could be Shadow Clan Vikings or Shadow Clan Elves. Both to me seem to be less preferable to Shadow Clan Kobolds.

Girmluhk

Character Skills: Loud Mouth, Goofball, Cooking

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kobolds or bust

unless you guys want to get SPICY and wear those wolf masks, nev er use actual words in chat and just HOWWWWWWWWLLLLLLLLLLL at everyone

and only attack in groups unless cornered.

lol.

lolololol

Vorgak

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd howl at people.......

Ziglag

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there going to be a Shadowclan branch in Shroud of the Avatar? If so I need to reroll my character.
T'berog
Old Admin
Old Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No alts?
Ziglag

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

T'berog wrote:
No alts?

Nope just 1 character per account like Siege Perilous used to be in UO. I am thinking of getting a 2nd account though that I might just use to roll an orc. My son wants his own account so I might just let him use the one I am playing now.

I also just ran through a Kobold guild house in Brittany Estates and it looks pretty awesome, they lend them selves well to orc houses and strongholds.

Khargug
Clan Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do we know how many clan members are already participating in SoTA pre-release?

As far as a branch is concerned, no actual proposals have been sent up just yet.

Gorbag

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure about the Player Owned Towns. I recall them closing it for a while, as I think the world map was filled.

- Gorbag Gro-Malog, Legate (ESO)
T'berog
Old Admin
Old Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Ziglag, I appreciate the continued information from those in-the-know.

I was trying to find more info on this, and found this thread:
https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/official-word-on-names-naming-last-names-and-2nd-and-3rd-characters.54479/

The thread mentions multiple characters per account but I couldn't find info that details how it works. Something said in the thread hinted it was only for certain pledges?

Ziglag

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

T'berog wrote:
Thank you Ziglag, I appreciate the continued information from those in-the-know.

I was trying to find more info on this, and found this thread:
https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/official-word-on-names-naming-last-names-and-2nd-and-3rd-characters.54479/

The thread mentions multiple characters per account but I couldn't find info that details how it works. Something said in the thread hinted it was only for certain pledges?

No problem. I had watched a video a while back where Richard said he didn't think they would have more than 1 character because he didn't think they would need more than 1 because of the way they are doing the skills.

Looks like some things have changed and that they probably will implement multiple characters at some point. The state of the game as it is right now is 1 character per account.

BadenSW

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got 3 character slots from my pledge level. I know that they all share surnames (or are supposed too?)

Crafting is huge in this game, whether you're an adventurer or PvPer or a mix! You will need to replace gear at some point, I have a guild mate who has done a lot of crafting and mentioned to me that he loves the amount of customization of weapons and armour available to us. You can also craft deco items and musical instruments.

The game has a music system like LotRO, where you can play live or from ABC/MML scripts. Though they have/will have a wider variety of instruments, at present they have pianos and lutes, though the list of planned instruments is extensive: drums, flutes, cellos, harmonicas, bagpipes, vuvuzelas, triangles, and more!

SotA also has taming, as far as I know you will never be able to tame monsters (wait, no White Wyrms!?) but wolves, bears etc. are all available.

I'll be placing my house in a few days and if any are interested and don't have a house of your own, I can friend you. At this time we are going to use it as a place to 'recall' when needed.

I've only played a little more than Gorbag at present but really enjoy it.

Torqhil qhe Sekar - Shadowclan, Cursed Virakt
T'berog
Old Admin
Old Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What pledge level was needed to get multiple character slots, and do you know if multiple slots will be open to anyone who buys the game?

Could one actually play the game in-character as a kobold (e.g. are there required human-based quests that don't make sense for kobolds?)

Or would being a kobold be best as an alt-type guild for those who have already experienced the main game?

BadenSW

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an Ancestor pledge, but looking over the rewards it seems the extra character slots have expired. It does not seem they are currently available.

As for your other questions, let me see if I can reach my friend who has 100's of hours played and also runs the actual wiki for SotA.

If you post your questions I'll forward them to him and respond here for you guys. Violation really knows his stuff =)

Last edited by BadenSW on Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:10 am; edited 1 time in total

Torqhil qhe Sekar - Shadowclan, Cursed Virakt
Khargug
Clan Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Are there going to be orcs thread.

Lum summed it up. =/

So if humans only and any iteration of koboldry does not pan out easily, we could think about going the banditry route. Language would be quite the debate I am sure.

Khargug
Clan Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting a little feel for it. A bit of Pre-Alpha.

Imagine a bunch of this coming at you. Sorry for how dark the picture is and for how large the pics may be.

Incoming torch lights up my front. I picked the darkest skin color I can find which gives an almost old Mongol feel for those few of us that tried that in AC many many years ago or even reminds me of the Bahmi in Rift.

Also, for those concerned at all, their NDA is almost non-existent. They are even open to some twitch streaming of the game.

Edit: Cropped them down a bit.

Ziglag

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have decided that if SC does come to SOTA I will just get an alt account for my SC character.

The more I read the more Kobolds seem to be a natural fit. The lore for Kobolds can be found here. http://sotawiki.net/sota/Kobold

Some things that stood out to me:
Quote:
The kobolds are a fiercely proud race, and a deeply honorable one. Yet in the brief time that humans and kobolds existed at peace, humans treated the kobolds poorly. No human has ever been able to learn the kobold language, so kobolds learned the speech of man, and were mocked for doing so poorly. They gave the knowledge of their technology and industry freely for the kobolds were always superior engineers and craftsmen and were mocked for not holding out for a better price. They were mocked and beaten for being smaller than humans, but their society was always more united than any human one.

Kobold females and young are kept hidden from humans because they view humans as genocidal weirdos and females/children are the future of kobolds. Kobold females also serve in the military (they are reptilian and do not have human sexual dimorphism) but this is rarer. Kobold society is egalitarian but also very survival-oriented.

Kobold Architecture

Here is a video of some of the in game Kobolds and what one of the Kobold helmets looked like on the players during the prewipe test:
https://youtu.be/zvMgZKYfyE4?t=1m32s

Addon Store Helmets:

I remember back when I first started Ultima Online. The 2nd Age had just come out. I had to pay $50.00 to buy the game from the store then it was $10 a month forever after that. With SOTA its $45 for the base game plus the $10 Kobold helm is like 1 month of UO service then the game is forever free after that.

There are also some vendor shops that I have seen where players buy items in the addon store then sell them on their vendors for in game gold and Portalarium is ok with that process. So an avenue could be available to acquire helmets with in game gold as well.

This also assumes that another in game option does not become available. In the pre wipe test the kobold helmet (in the video but not in the store) was achievable through one of the Grand Tour quest. I saw the quest guide are still in game though the Grand Tour is currently turned off. It might be possible to achieve the helmet in the future if they turn those back on.

Ziglag

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just checked Markee Dragon's webstore and I think may have found the answer to the mask dilemma. Looks like you can actually purchase a Kobold version of Shroud of the Avatar for $45. And a host of other Kobold bundle options.

http://store.markeedragon.com/index.php?cat=97

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Future Branch Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: