Shadowclan Main Page The Shadowclan Dark Moot

CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   CharactersCharacters   GroupsGroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Wed 14 Nov 2018
Thu 15 Nov 2018
Fri 16 Nov 2018
Sat 17 Nov 2018
Sun 18 Nov 2018
Mon 19 Nov 2018
Nat Type Problem (PS Vita)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Computers etc.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dek'Oligz

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Nat Type Problem (PS Vita) Reply with quote

Hey guys. I'm running out of ideas here, so I thought I'd ask here and see if anyone can help. The problem I'm running into is this: I bought a PS Vita a while back and I own two games that feature online multiplayer. Mortal Kombat - works fine, and Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale, which is pretty unplayable online. Sometimes I get a game, even a few games without flaw, but most of the time it tries to connect to games, decides it can't, puts me in games where I crash out immediately, etc.

It's not my internet speed or connection, I game online all the time. Even on the Vita, Moral Kombat works okay. I did some research and found that apparently games that use the Playstation Network have a problem with NAT Type 3 (don't even know what that is) but apparently that's what my Vita has. Going under internet status I can see it is indeed NAT Type 3.

So at least I'm getting somewhere! I know I need to turn that NAT Type 3 to a NAT Type 2, according to youtube videos and forums and such. However, every method I've tried doesn't want to work. Still sitting at a NAT Type 3.

I have a Gigaset SE567 router. Apparently this particular router has some problem with Playstation, since there's plenty of people talking about it via a google search.

So my question is, can anyone help me get a NAT Type 2?

And a follow up question, if not - because I've read a lot of forum posts saying I'm pretty much up the river on this one, that my router can't do it, how do I go about getting a new router and installing it? What's that entail? Is it easy or do I have to know computer kung fu to do it? The only routers I've ever had come from the ISP when they fix me up.

Thanks for any help!

Have Played:
Dekoligz, Uruk Blackarrow
Dek'Oligz, Throquat Gu'Ligz'r

Check out my miniature painting log: Fullmetal Minis
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Computers etc. All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: